Ratings for Dr. James Swinehart

"State of the Art for 1950". Dr. Swinehart is skin cancer doctor - he has no ability to offer services/treatments for people with cosmetic/aesthetic dermatology problems. I saw him for acne scarring and the best he could offer me was dry ice or surgical grafting! His website says "State of the Art", but he has no lasers (his website states he uses laser - total lie), no DermaPen, no CO2, nothing other than prescriptions and surgical options. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I have been going to Dr Swineheart for leg veins for years. He is very thorough, and spends a great amount of time, every time. I have sent probably 10 friends to him as well, and while I hear from them that the saline solution he uses stings a bit more than laser used elsewhere, we all have a much better outcome with Dr Swineheart. I am surprised at the comment about a procedure which was billed but not performed, because I find his front desk staff very knowledgeable, and inquisitive about the purpose of the visit. They will let you know what he does and does not do, please be clear about what you want when you call, as with any doctor.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Be careful to ask this doctor about side effects of cryosurgery procedures he performs and if there are any less risky alternatives for your condition. I had a very bad cosmetic outcome on an area of my body where you don't want a scar. Ask him many questions about the risks involved and what you may be left to deal with on the back end.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I think Dr. Swinehart has been extremely helpful! I am sorry to hear that the other posters here left negative comments, but I have been going to this office for years, and have always received friendly and helpful service. Cynthia at the front desk is especially nice! I would definitely recommend this office to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

my Psychiatrist recommended that I consult with w/ a Derm about Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, I had contract it and my psych wanted me to start back on my med. Swinehart made insulting comments about bipolar and said the rash wasnt fatal.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

He was my dermatologist for many years; however, when I called for an appointment regarding a ganglion cyst, his staff neglected to inform me that he does not take care of that. I was charged for an office visit anyway. I have never been back to see him and will not see him again.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2006

Dr. James Swinehart's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

HealthPartners