Ratings for Dr. Michael K. Watterson

Drove 80 miles he looked at my hands and ankles poked his finger in my back.rocked back and fourth in chair bouncing his leg up and down said he didn't see anything.I've been a patient of the mayo Clinic under the care of the best Dr's around today's visit was a joke I'll never go back my animals veterinarian is ten times more attentive.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I had been to several doctors regarding my symptoms. Dr. Watterson was attentive and discovered my medical condition right away. He recognized that I had a rare autoimmune disorder that many physicians have never actually seen.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I went to him because my medical doctor thought I might have lupus. He told me he couldn't find anything wrong with me. He didn't do any kind of exam or blood work. He told me because I was an older woman (57) that I didn't have anything wrong with me but age. 6 months later, I went to a woman rheumatologist and found out I do have lupus. Watterson is an idiot. I just got a letter saying he is going out of the medical profession. It's about time.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I went to see Dr waterson in the Nashville office. I feel like he saved my life. I was one of his first patients after he became a doc. I was going to him for pain in my joints. He kept doing test on blood, lungs, everything. He found the cause of my arthritis pain. I had ulceractive colitis. Wished he was in Nashville. (Shadowens)

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

True he does have some...quirks, but i believe it's a sort of nervous tick probably. He seems knowledge from my first visit, and although not very hands on during the exam he told me a couple things my previous dr never even mentioned to me, like I should probably be planning a surgery for my jaw in the future. The staff seemed super friendly i thought, especially Cris who was a previous vet tech and seems very compassionate. When I got my labs done it was fantastic. I've been doing blood work monthly sense i was 2 and that was one of the best phlabotamists I've ever had! 8 tubes in less than a minute and extremely nice and easy to get along with, we chatted for longer than it even took to take my blood. Overall seemed like a "homey" sort of office.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr Watterson is a great physician with an amazing knowledge of medicine and a sense of humor

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

He does not listen,and rocks on stool and types on computer,ie he will ask how are you while rocking back and forth on stool and typing,then afrer you tell him he will again ask how you are. He has done no lab work (Sedrate) and tell you you have mile arthritis. .I have horrific pain in hands, knees ankles.He does not do assessment of joint. Does not touch or look at them. He appears not to have compassion to his patients.,and does not like to answer questions.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I went to see this Dr expecting a professional opinion and reason for my horrible pain. He looked at me and I don't see anything wrong with you....try not to let it get to you!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Told my sister that if she did have R/A or MCTD, that it wasn't that bad or hurt to much when treated, so not to worry about it. I suffer from both, and I would highly disagree with him. My advice to her was to find another Dr. Fast

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

First, his staff argues with my insurance company constantly - doc office constantly wants more and more paperwork that the insurance company states is unnecessary. Ins has actually on the phone asked them, "what is wrong with you? we said we will pay!" VERY uncaring staff. And yes, the doctor rocks and takes notes and doesn't actually address the questions presented and seems indifferent/bothered by questions. NOT a Good beside manner at all. His staff are not concerned with ensuring follow-up visits are scheduled, which is bad when you are treating with monthly infusions. If one little letter looks wrong on the paperwork they will lock you out of treatment for months until your insurance company is actually yelling at them on the phone. They will be the perfect Obamacare group, in the meantime go to another clinic.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Dr. Michael K. Watterson's Credentials

• East Carolina Univ Sch Of Med, Greenville Nc 27858 (Grad. 1995)