Ratings for Dr. Susan Barr

I would highly recommend Dr. Barr. She's very professional, knowledgeable and understanding. She is thorough, spends time with you. Her staff are all very professional, very kind. I've never had to wait long to see her. Recently, Dr. Barr agreed to see me, when she had the day booked off. Her secretary Laura is very helpful, professional and easy to talk to. I'm grateful for all of them.

Submitted July 2, 2016

I have been asked to see Dr. Susan Barr after I was admitted to Foothills ER. I had my both knees and feet swollen due to gout. We were led both my wife and I to a room at her clinic by a lady and were kept waiting for over two hours without being told of the reason. Finally, a Trainee-Doctor came to see me without any apology or the reason for keeping us so long. After examining me, he began taking the fluid out of my left knee when Dr. Barr came in to assist. After all was done, she asked to call her after 45 days to see her. I called three times and left three messages on her voice-mail. My calls were never returned. Arrogance...yes. Impoliteness...yes. Disrespect...yes. Unethical behaviour...yes. I have had three flares of swollen left knee and foot but I never want to see her again. Patients to her are numbers not human beings. Specialists are supposed to offer the ultimate in health care as expected, but unfortunately, that is not the case.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Barr now for over a year. She is very knowledgeable and has your health as her #1 priority, not an in and out. I have dealt with a few interns and all experiences have been pleasant. I am thankful for her being my Rheumatologist. Her office assistant is fantastic and always gets back to me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

She has been my specialist for the past 10 years and has always been wonderful. I have Psoriatic Arthritis and have not had a flare up in 8 years

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

She is the best dr. She is very knowledable especially when it comes to lupus

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Barr has been a good doctor over the past 14 years of treatment, but she and her office dropped the ball when I had a flareup from February through August. I had calls saying they'd get me in but they did not, then communications broke down. I tried again in August and was lucky to get in, finally, to see her. I now have mixed feelings and some lack of confidence in her, as well. When one takes a turn for the worse, it seems she isn't available.

Submitted October 16, 2014

I have systemic lupus and Dr. Suzan Barr has been my doctor for the past 10 years since I moved from Toronto to Calgary. She is 100% professional. I would NEVER trade her for any other. She is a people person, she spends time with you, talk with and never rushes you out of her office. She cares about your health and well-being. She does her very best at all times and is very knowledgable in her field of work. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is simply the best!!- CHenry

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Barr is steller I have seen her for six years. Very patient. She has guided me my pain of arthritist and treated accordingly...and then referred to the surgeon...which BTW took one visit for him to say, "Yup, you need to have them replaced." All the required boxes were already checked by Dr. Barr.

Submitted October 31, 2013

A wonderful doctor. She is kind, considerate and has much knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

I can phone Susan's office and be in for a cortisone injection within a few days - always. Things are even easier now that her clinic has moved from the back of Foothills to the old children's hospital on Richmond Road SW. Susan is kind, funny, and always concerned about my pain and managing my medical situation in the most thorough way. Absolutely glad she's part of my health team. ERIC

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012