Ratings for Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

I wrote a Google review and I'll do it again here simply because my experience with Dr. Wittenberg and his staff was truly the best. The receptionists were very friendly and answered all of my mom's questions (she's very talkative, yet they were still patient with her). Probably the best care and service I had from a doctor and his staff. I was there on Wednesday, just a few days ago to get 3 wisdom teeth removed. After asking my friends about it, I was really scared for the operation, but the doctor's sense of humor, calm demeanour and friendliness loosened me up. While I was waiting for the doctor to prepare everything, an assistant accompanied me and we had casual conversation instead of just leaving me alone in that room being all scared...which is quite rare because usually you just get left alone in a room not knowing what to think. So I feel like even the assistants are trying their best to provide a pleasant experience for their patients and that it shows that they really care. What was shocking to me was that the operation was over in just half an hour! I woke up and was thinking "wow i'm done? this was way easier and painless than I thought". An assistant then guided me into another room to go over tips on how to take care of my teeth and the medicine that I needed to take. Then when I got home, woke up from my nap, the assistant called me to check up on me! It was such a nice gesture. She called to make sure that I ate and that I took my medicine...etc, and if I had any problems feel free to give them a call. I also got a follow up email right after that! It's now the third day since I got my 3 wisdom teeth removed and i feel no pain at all, just a tiny bit sore. I even worked out yesterday (which I wasn't supposed to do), but I felt fine. Today I'm eating boiled potatoes and carrots, oranges and dumplings already! No swelling in the face whatsoever!! So far, I've recommended quite a few friends already to Dr. Wittenberg because he is extremely professional and superb at what he does!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's response
We really appreciate your compliment on your care in our office. We certainly try to make everyone comfortable, provide a quality service; and we all love what we do - I am glad it shows. Thanks very much

Submitted November 1, 2016

I heard great things about Dr Wittenberg from lots of sources and chose him to do both my jaw surgery as well as make my jawline look stronger and more defined. My dentist called him 'a legend' and I now agree. The entire experience was amazing. The first visit made me feel so trusting in him with all the gentle talk and great explanations about all the options and stuff about surgery recovery. The staff is so friendly and everyone there makes you feel comfortable. They are not pushy at all and I loved that. They just explained things and talked about how the jawline would change as much as I wanted. As I approached surgery they brought me in again and went over all the details and it was great to hear it because it relaxed me knowing how to take care of myself even though my family was around. I had a lower jaw surgery along with a chin surgery and buildup of the jawline. Dr Wittenberg was the first surgeon to not wire in Canada and I also had Invisalign and my orthodontist told me that he is the only one to do surgery with Invisalign and was the first in the world. The recovery was easy! I was so worried that it wouldnt be but wow! I loved my jawline immediately and better and better as the swelling went down more and more. I am so happy and grateful. I feel great and my family tells me that I smile so much more and love to take pictures now since they knew never to do it before since I hated my profile. Dr Wittenberg was so reassuring and so modest about what he does. The staff says he is like that even though he is incredible at what he does. So happy. He is the best!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I just had four wisdom teeth removed and it went very smoothly. Dr.Wittenberg always makes me laugh and feel comfortable, I know I am in good hands, and the nurses are just as impeccable with their care and kindness. I did not think i could have such a positive experience for a surgical procedure! I highly recommend their offices, and I would be happy to only ever have Dr. Wittenberg and his team operate on me.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Good experience with this surgeon. Have had facial surgeries before but never been treated so well and with such good results. Very calm and obviously knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

It's compulsory to give 5 stars to a surgeon who was able to achieve such amazing results, in a very short and efficient surgery. After being referred to Dr. Wittenberg by my orthodontist for bite issues, I had a few consultations to learn about jaw surgery and its positive results. After careful consideration, I decided to go ahead and have 2 teeth extracted by Dr. Wittenberg, followed by a year of intense Orthodontics, and then finally double jaw surgery and genioplasty. I did a lot of research on jaw surgery, researched surgeons, reviews, and testimonials. It became clear that Dr. Wittenberg is really one of the few surgeons who is very experienced, and actually considers the cosmetic changes whilst performing the actual jaw surgery (in record time, under 2 hours in most cases). My recovery was very fast, I took 2 weeks off work, and was already up and walking 10k after 7 days. The first week is pretty terrible, but since then it's been terrific. All the promises made before surgery have been met, and after 9 months everything has healed beautifully, I love my new face. There are cheaper surgeons out there, but I have no regrets at this point. Would recommend Dr. Wittenberg to anyone considering jaw surgery. Definitely do your research and ask questions, else the consultations may seem rushed. If you ask questions and raise concerns, they will be answered in detail which helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I really owe Dr Wittenberg a great Thank you for what he did for me. Its something to admit that someone can change your life and your entire way to talk to people by a surgery but that is what happened. My family often says they are chinless with my mother and father having a big overbite. I always wanted braces and finally got them and the dentist said I needed jaw surgery to correct my jaw. He said he would send us to the best surgeon who had done thousands of these surgeries and we went to see Dr Wittenberg. He was really friendly and made my Mom laugh even though she was really nervous about surgery. I did braces for over a year before surgery. Dr Wittenberg explained that a jaw surgery would help fix the bite and talked about our choice to also do a chin surgery at the same time by shifting my own chinbone. We all thought it was great to know that he looked at the bite but also the look of the actual face since that was why I really wanted surgery. I did the surgery in a day surgery and it was pretty much as his office had told us. I was not wired and ate a hamburger in a few days which was really amazing because my mom had heard stories on the internet which were so different. The best thing was I now had a great jaw and chin and I felt so great about it. My best friends even noticed how happy I was about it and I did feel more confident. I kinda look in the mirror every day and have almost forgot how chinless I was. I am so grateful to Dr Wittenberg for everything.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

If you ever need a Jawline augmentation and chin surgery, there is no one better or well regarded as Dr Wittenberg. I have only great things to say about a man who took my 'mini jaw' and made it look normal. I had really looked around for someone who could do more than chin implants which I did not think looked good. I saw some of his photos on his web site and was more than amazed that everyone looked so normal and natural. I knew I had a big problem but when I went to see him, it seemed like this was something done everyday and they were so nice and easy to talk with. They explained it all and focused on making sure I knew what could be done and no pressure at all. Super nice visit. The pricing was fair and since it was my face, I did not want to cheap out since it was forever. Dr Wittenberg literally hand carves the implants at surgery so they fit with my face. No sketchy off the shelf sizes for him! And he blends the whole jawline from the chin to the ear so I now have a real jaw. So so happy. I may not be a model but I look and feel so good because of them. Great followup and everyone is always smiling at his office. Such a change from another surgeon I had seen before. Recovery was just like they said and I was really careful to avoid infection. Dr Wittenberg is a gem and obviously an artist with surgical skills to boot.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I had a few procedures over time with the gifted Dr Wittenberg. I started with some Botox and fillers for the area under my eyes and near the nose and was so happy that I found someone who did the procedures with great care and artistry. I had had some less ideal experiences before I went to Dr Wittenberg. He has a warm bedside manner and is soft spoken but also very informative about what is possible and what is not. After a while I realized that fillers were not the answer long term and decided to do a cheekpad lift which had been explained a few times to me by the doctor and his staff. Well, it sure made a difference and seemed to make me younger looking and less tired from day one. I did have bruising which they warned me about but after the swelling and colors went away, I was extremely happy. I miss going to see the office since everyone is so nice, but I catchup when I want some botox. Super surgeon and great staff. Highly recommend them

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I had cheek implants done by Dr Wittenberg to fix my sagging flat cheeks. I had looked around and found great things said and his website is great. I wanted bigger cheeks for some time and he made sure I was reasonable in what to expect for my particular face. I was just reminded of the surgery this last while when someone told me I had model cheekbones. They did not know they were implants so I was so pleased about that. I also had the cheekpad lifted at the same time so I don't look too bony but I think I have a really soft look. My eyes look bigger for some reason which I like. The look does take time to be what it will be but it is worth the wait. The nurses were really nice and Dr Wittenberg is a gentle man for sure with a great eye for what you can do.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's response
Thanks so much for the kind review. Our office tries its best to educate patients and help them choose the best approach for their goals.

Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr Wittenberg should stick with dental surgery. He injected bellafill in my marionette line, and actually placed it beside the wrinkle, so now I have a big bump, which accentuates the wrinkle. I tried to book an appointment to see what could be done, -and he said it takes 8 months to settle, and would not see me. . Two other surgeons have told me that this is not true, and that he injected it in the wrong place. Bellafill is a permanent filler. It can't be fixed. $1,500 dollars down the drain, and at least 5 years with a bump on my face. I would like him to try steroids, but it's tough because he won't schedule an appointment with me. Ridiculous.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is a Certified Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. As an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dr. Wittenberg manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. He has a background in both dentistry and advanced facial surgery. The combination of his education and experience over many years in all aspects of Facial Surgery makes Dr. Wittenberg an ideal choice for facial bone and soft tissue surgical procedures. His diagnostic skills are superior and is a key to having the proper assessment and management of your concern. Dr. Wittenberg practices a full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with long term experience and expertise ranging from reconstructive/corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal to cosmetic facial surgery.He is one a few persons who have the education, knowledge and training to manage both the hard and soft tissues of the face. This extensive background and experience combined with a natural artistry, benefits all of his patients. Dr. Wittenberg has introduced many innovative and advanced procedures to the practice of Facial Surgery. He has advanced the area of TMJ diagnosis and surgery; ‘no jaw wiring’ technique for Orthodontic surgery; surgery for Invisalign orthodontics (previously never done); and facial cosmetic surgery. He is well regarded as an expert in his field. His academic background includes the award of the prestigious Gold Medal for outstanding achievement (DMD) and a Master’s Degree (MSc.) combining the study of craniofacial surgery with anatomy and physiology. Dr. Wittenberg has achieved advanced study in reconstructive surgery and cosmetic facial surgery and continues to elevate his education. He has lectured nationally and internationally, and published in renowned journal and textbook formats. He presently teaches at the University of British Columbia. He is a Fellow of the BC College, member of the Royal College, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has contributed to the surgical profession as Chairman, President, Consultant and Examiner of various professional surgical organizations. He is the Director of the Facial and Laser Surgery Centre established for the provision of quality private care to his patients. He has introduced many advanced techniques for his patients in various areas of his specialty and enjoys all surgical procedures within his daily practice with a unique ability to focus on the simple to complex procedures with precision and skill. Dr. Wittenberg has received many complements on his gentle, approachable manner with accolades for his expertise in all areas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Overall, Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is committed to quality, compassionate care, superior patient satisfaction, and excellence in oral, facial and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.

Benesys