Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

I wrote a Google review and I'll do it again here simply because my experience with Dr. Wittenberg and his staff was truly the best. The receptionists were very friendly and answered all of my mom's questions (she's very talkative, yet they were still patient with her). Probably the best care and service I had from a doctor and his staff. I was there on Wednesday, just a few days ago to get 3 wisdom teeth removed. After asking my friends about it, I was really scared for the operation, but the doctor's sense of humor, calm demeanour and friendliness loosened me up. While I was waiting for the doctor to prepare everything, an assistant accompanied me and we had casual conversation instead of just leaving me alone in that room being all scared...which is quite rare because usually you just get left alone in a room not knowing what to think. So I feel like even the assistants are trying their best to provide a pleasant experience for their patients and that it shows that they really care. What was shocking to me was that the operation was over in just half an hour! I woke up and was thinking "wow i'm done? this was way easier and painless than I thought". An assistant then guided me into another room to go over tips on how to take care of my teeth and the medicine that I needed to take. Then when I got home, woke up from my nap, the assistant called me to check up on me! It was such a nice gesture. She called to make sure that I ate and that I took my medicine...etc, and if I had any problems feel free to give them a call. I also got a follow up email right after that! It's now the third day since I got my 3 wisdom teeth removed and i feel no pain at all, just a tiny bit sore. I even worked out yesterday (which I wasn't supposed to do), but I felt fine. Today I'm eating boiled potatoes and carrots, oranges and dumplings already! No swelling in the face whatsoever!! So far, I've recommended quite a few friends already to Dr. Wittenberg because he is extremely professional and superb at what he does!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's response
We really appreciate your compliment on your care in our office. We certainly try to make everyone comfortable, provide a quality service; and we all love what we do - I am glad it shows. Thanks very much

Submitted November 1, 2016

When you have bags under your eyes and everyone keeps asking if you are tired you know it's time to do something. So I looked up about eyelid surgery and read about all the concerns people had and somehow found out about Dr Wittenberg. What impressed me was his idea that the problem comes from the dropping of the chhekpad and that it is not really fat bulges alone that cause the problem. His pictures sure are good and I likes the great look of the after pictures. The consultation was so easy and he is really modest about his work. He showed me on my face what happened and the way to improve it. He really focuses on how he just puts the cheek back to its natural position. The surgery was quite easy under sedation and the bruises weren't bad but they tell you it takes time to see the final result and the look got better over a few months for sure. I cannot express how happy I am with my new look. I have great cheeks and they blend to my eyes too so no one ever mentions how tires I look and some actually ask me why I look so good. They think I got good sleep or have changed my makeup. Dr Wittenberg is really amazing. He makes you feel so comfortable and his ideas and result speak for itself. He's the best!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I have to credit my orthodontist office with the referral to Dr. Wittenberg!! The consult appointment took place almost 10 months before the surgery, but the office staff kept me informed and stayed in touch throughout this process. The actual day of surgery did arrive (despite me thinking otherwise!!) and the entire sequence of pre and post surgery was like a well oiled machine! The Delta Hospital and staff were fantastic and the actually surgery was around 45 mins. It is evident how much experience this team brings to the oral surgical world, and I am grateful for how efficient and smoothly it went.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Gotta say that I never expected to write a review but here I am because Dr Wittenberg did such a great job. I went to him for my yucky neck and jowls and had wanted to do something for years. I finally got the courage and I am so glad I did. Dr Wittenberg was so calm and such a nice man. He actually explained how my baggy neck happened and gave me suggestions and never once pushed me at all. He just educated me and I liked it that way. I did have the surgery and wow what a difference. I never expected to look this good and actually told him so. But the result is amazing and I feel wonderful. I think I always felt tired before now that I think about it but not anymore. Dr Wittenberg was great after the surgery too and I feel like I joined his office family since his staff is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

I have wanted to fix my small jaw and chin since I was a kid. My parents did not want to have jaw surgery when I had braces and my teeth are fine but I still had a small chin and I tried stuff to stick out my chin when I would take pictures but I hated the pictures. I spent lots of time researching and found Dr Wittenberg in Vancouver. His pictures looked real and natural to me and many types of chins too. I talked to his office on the phone and found out he saw people from out of town and the lady on the phone was really helpful. After a few conversations I sent my pictures like they asked and I went to Dr Wittenberg for the visit and surgery together. When I met him i knew it was good decision. He was friendly and told me all about my jaw and said he had seem many of this happen when jaw surgery was not done. He said that building out the jaw from the front chin to the back of the jaw would make it look like the jaw was more like I wanted. I had already decided. The nurses explained what I needed to do after surgery even though they told me before. I stayed there for a few days. The surgery was no pain and some tight jaw but after a few days I felt ok. I really brushed and did what they said and I could tell right away how good it looked. I was really impressed. I did not expect to look that good but he did great work. It was a while to see the look get even better and now I feel good in pictures and even want pictures of me. I look so good. Even my parents are now happy and say that I did the right thing. Dr Wittenberg is an artist and a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Dr. Wittenberg is an absolutely BRILLIANT surgeon. My face was bothering me with excessive chin and neck fat and doggy, drooping jowls which didn’t go away with diet and exercise. I am SO glad I went to see Dr. W about it, instead of just feeling sad and self-conscious, and wasting money on all sorts of gimmicky products and spa procedures that don’t work. With a quick and painless operation, he basically made me look like my ‘old self’ again, I mean, ten years younger! I wholeheartedly recommend a visit with him if there is something about your face/jaw/chin/teeth/neck that’s bothering you. It’s one of the best decisions I ever made. I chose him because I saw his ‘before and after’ photos on the internet and I can tell you those pictures do not lie: I look (and feel!) so much better after! In addition, he has a team of assistants who are kind, nonjudgmental, patient with questions, and knowledgeable. And Dr. W is very nice too! The whole experience was actually pleasant, and the results outstanding.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I visited Vancouver after my friend recommended Dr Wittenberg. I needed someone to fix my flat cheeks and tiny chin. What a wonderful group of people in that office. Very professional and caring. Dr Wittenberg listened to me and he was good at telling me all my choices and I liked that very much since cost was an issue. I did the chin surgery and was really happy about the result and how I was treated. Everything they said came true and after a few months the look was even better like they said. I took a couple of days off but was back at it pretty quick. Dr Wittenberg also blended my chin into the jawline with materials and it looks great. So much better than the pictures on the internet of other surgeons. He's great.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I had a very positive experience with this office. I had a eyebag surgery and a neckline surgery and am very happy with my results. The experience was very professional and the office makes you feel wonderful every time you see them. For me the reason I went was to fix my aging face but I found out that no matter why you go to Dr Wittenberg you have a good feeling. I talked to people in the reception room on occasion and everyone was very impressed with Dr Wittenberg and they had different surgeries too. I feel good about my natural look and feel good looking in the mirror. Now if only the rest of my body was as good!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I am not really vain, but I wanted a better masculine jawline like the models in magazines. I have an ok jaw but I never was happy with my look. I researched a lot and found that Dr Wittenberg is quite the artist in jawline buildups and I liked his before and afters. My consultation went well and he seemed to really understand what I was after. I had a few visits with him and he was nice every time about all my questions. The nurses were all nice too. He did a chin surgery and jawline augmentation at his office operating room and it seemed to go really well. The swelling near the ear area was predicted and it took some time to feel like the jawline would work out like I wanted, but it did. You have to be patient but they kept reassuring me and of course they knew. Now I really feel good about my face and kinda ego about my great jawline. Dr Wittenberg was great and really modest about what he does. He changes lives and gives you confidence and what more can I say. Great surgeon who really is talented.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I was tired of my saggy skin on my neck and the terrible bags under my eyes even though I was healthy and in good weight. I went to Dr Wittenberg to see what could be done and I was really pleased with the friendly office and Dr Wittenberg who listened to me and only focused on what I asked about so I felt really comfortable. He likes you to know about your face and he explains the surgery and I was really taken by his gentle manner and smile. After I decided to have the surgery the office was great in telling me what to expect. Honestly, I thought the entire surgery was a breeze. I was tired for a while but when I saw my face the second day I was so thrilled that a short time to get normal was nothing to me. I went to them for checkups and I really appreciated that because you don't know what to expect but they were great. I now look like I wanted to look (maybe better). I highly recommend Dr Wittenberg and his amazing staff.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is a Certified Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. As an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dr. Wittenberg manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. He has a background in both dentistry and advanced facial surgery. The combination of his education and experience over many years in all aspects of Facial Surgery makes Dr. Wittenberg an ideal choice for facial bone and soft tissue surgical procedures. His diagnostic skills are superior and is a key to having the proper assessment and management of your concern. Dr. Wittenberg practices a full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with long term experience and expertise ranging from reconstructive/corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal to cosmetic facial surgery.He is one a few persons who have the education, knowledge and training to manage both the hard and soft tissues of the face. This extensive background and experience combined with a natural artistry, benefits all of his patients. Dr. Wittenberg has introduced many innovative and advanced procedures to the practice of Facial Surgery. He has advanced the area of TMJ diagnosis and surgery; ‘no jaw wiring’ technique for Orthodontic surgery; surgery for Invisalign orthodontics (previously never done); and facial cosmetic surgery. He is well regarded as an expert in his field. His academic background includes the award of the prestigious Gold Medal for outstanding achievement (DMD) and a Master’s Degree (MSc.) combining the study of craniofacial surgery with anatomy and physiology. Dr. Wittenberg has achieved advanced study in reconstructive surgery and cosmetic facial surgery and continues to elevate his education. He has lectured nationally and internationally, and published in renowned journal and textbook formats. He presently teaches at the University of British Columbia. He is a Fellow of the BC College, member of the Royal College, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has contributed to the surgical profession as Chairman, President, Consultant and Examiner of various professional surgical organizations. He is the Director of the Facial and Laser Surgery Centre established for the provision of quality private care to his patients. He has introduced many advanced techniques for his patients in various areas of his specialty and enjoys all surgical procedures within his daily practice with a unique ability to focus on the simple to complex procedures with precision and skill. Dr. Wittenberg has received many complements on his gentle, approachable manner with accolades for his expertise in all areas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Overall, Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is committed to quality, compassionate care, superior patient satisfaction, and excellence in oral, facial and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Request an Appointment