Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

I wrote a Google review and I'll do it again here simply because my experience with Dr. Wittenberg and his staff was truly the best. The receptionists were very friendly and answered all of my mom's questions (she's very talkative, yet they were still patient with her). Probably the best care and service I had from a doctor and his staff. I was there on Wednesday, just a few days ago to get 3 wisdom teeth removed. After asking my friends about it, I was really scared for the operation, but the doctor's sense of humor, calm demeanour and friendliness loosened me up. While I was waiting for the doctor to prepare everything, an assistant accompanied me and we had casual conversation instead of just leaving me alone in that room being all scared...which is quite rare because usually you just get left alone in a room not knowing what to think. So I feel like even the assistants are trying their best to provide a pleasant experience for their patients and that it shows that they really care. What was shocking to me was that the operation was over in just half an hour! I woke up and was thinking "wow i'm done? this was way easier and painless than I thought". An assistant then guided me into another room to go over tips on how to take care of my teeth and the medicine that I needed to take. Then when I got home, woke up from my nap, the assistant called me to check up on me! It was such a nice gesture. She called to make sure that I ate and that I took my medicine...etc, and if I had any problems feel free to give them a call. I also got a follow up email right after that! It's now the third day since I got my 3 wisdom teeth removed and i feel no pain at all, just a tiny bit sore. I even worked out yesterday (which I wasn't supposed to do), but I felt fine. Today I'm eating boiled potatoes and carrots, oranges and dumplings already! No swelling in the face whatsoever!! So far, I've recommended quite a few friends already to Dr. Wittenberg because he is extremely professional and superb at what he does!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's response
We really appreciate your compliment on your care in our office. We certainly try to make everyone comfortable, provide a quality service; and we all love what we do - I am glad it shows. Thanks very much

Submitted November 1, 2016

I am not really vain, but I wanted a better masculine jawline like the models in magazines. I have an ok jaw but I never was happy with my look. I researched a lot and found that Dr Wittenberg is quite the artist in jawline buildups and I liked his before and afters. My consultation went well and he seemed to really understand what I was after. I had a few visits with him and he was nice every time about all my questions. The nurses were all nice too. He did a chin surgery and jawline augmentation at his office operating room and it seemed to go really well. The swelling near the ear area was predicted and it took some time to feel like the jawline would work out like I wanted, but it did. You have to be patient but they kept reassuring me and of course they knew. Now I really feel good about my face and kinda ego about my great jawline. Dr Wittenberg was great and really modest about what he does. He changes lives and gives you confidence and what more can I say. Great surgeon who really is talented.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I was tired of my saggy skin on my neck and the terrible bags under my eyes even though I was healthy and in good weight. I went to Dr Wittenberg to see what could be done and I was really pleased with the friendly office and Dr Wittenberg who listened to me and only focused on what I asked about so I felt really comfortable. He likes you to know about your face and he explains the surgery and I was really taken by his gentle manner and smile. After I decided to have the surgery the office was great in telling me what to expect. Honestly, I thought the entire surgery was a breeze. I was tired for a while but when I saw my face the second day I was so thrilled that a short time to get normal was nothing to me. I went to them for checkups and I really appreciated that because you don't know what to expect but they were great. I now look like I wanted to look (maybe better). I highly recommend Dr Wittenberg and his amazing staff.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I really wanted a chin and good jawline and did my research. I saw a surgeon who recommended an implant but I read all about the problems with chin implants and wanted a genioplasty. Dr Wittenberg has amazing results and I travelled to see him after talking to his office and figuring out schedules and timing. When I met him I was immediately at ease since he is very calm and friendly and easy to talk to. He went over my face structure and gave me some options since I had had orthodontics before and had teeth removed. The braces treatment changed my face and he showed me how and then recommended what to do . I decided to just do a genioplasty and fix my profile. The staff was great in preparing me and the surgery went super well. I had no pain and the swelling went away quick. My family thinks I look amazing and I do too. I feel so good about how I look and really thank Dr Wittenberg for his expert work. He is so talented and he made me so comfortable.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

My son had his wisdom teeth removed here. Dr. Wittenberg and his staff made the whole ordeal stress free, uncomplicated, informative, and caring. We would highly recommend! S

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

First thing to say is that I was very impressed with Dr Wittenberg and his staff. They were always friendly and supportive even from the get go. I was definitely nervous deciding to see someone about how I looked and afraid a bit about what surgery involved. But Dr Gerald and his lovely ladies were so nice and it made my experience so easy. I was aging faster than I felt and I wanted an assessment of what could be done and how much it would cost. I became so comfortable with this office that I would have done it all but Dr Wittenberg wanted me to focus on the things that really bothered me and never pushed me to do anything. Eventually I had a face and neck surgery with some other procedures I wanted to do at the same time. The surgery was a breeze really and I felt pretty good pretty quickly. Of course it does take time to feel normal again and go out into the world without thinking about it. Overall no pain and a feeling of tightness and occasional aches which went away. The nurses were great and literally held me hand some times and took time with me explaining things. I love my look and it has been enough time that I can really appreciate what Dr Wittenberg has done for me and how natural I look . I don't care what people say but they keep saying how good I look for my age and that feels pretty nice.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Wittenberg to have all four wisdom teeth removed. I was extremely nervous however the staff and Dr. Wittenberg we're super accommodating and assured me everything would be okay. This was my first surgery ever and I am so happy to have used this team! Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr Wittenberg truly changed my life. I suffered from TMJ pain for years and went to so many doctors for answers and no one seemed to know what to do but try this and that and it only worked for a very short time if at all. Dr Wittenberg listened to me and really heard me and ordered testing which showed right away what was wrong. He gave me a few options to help me but I knew right away I just wanted it fixed even though there was no guarantee. He also looked at my bite and advised orthodontics as well so help everything in the joints. He did a day surgery for me and I haven't looked back since. I feel like a new person even though they keep telling me that I have to be careful with my jaw in the future. Dr Wittenberg drew pictures to show me and took time every time I saw him to explain and reassure me. He's wonderful. I really don't know what I would have done without him. Its been a while and I was talking to my husband and he suggested I write about him since he said most people are complainers and he is so happy too that I can live a normal life now. So thank you Dr Wittenberg!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I heard great things about Dr Wittenberg from lots of sources and chose him to do both my jaw surgery as well as make my jawline look stronger and more defined. My dentist called him 'a legend' and I now agree. The entire experience was amazing. The first visit made me feel so trusting in him with all the gentle talk and great explanations about all the options and stuff about surgery recovery. The staff is so friendly and everyone there makes you feel comfortable. They are not pushy at all and I loved that. They just explained things and talked about how the jawline would change as much as I wanted. As I approached surgery they brought me in again and went over all the details and it was great to hear it because it relaxed me knowing how to take care of myself even though my family was around. I had a lower jaw surgery along with a chin surgery and buildup of the jawline. Dr Wittenberg was the first surgeon to not wire in Canada and I also had Invisalign and my orthodontist told me that he is the only one to do surgery with Invisalign and was the first in the world. The recovery was easy! I was so worried that it wouldnt be but wow! I loved my jawline immediately and better and better as the swelling went down more and more. I am so happy and grateful. I feel great and my family tells me that I smile so much more and love to take pictures now since they knew never to do it before since I hated my profile. Dr Wittenberg was so reassuring and so modest about what he does. The staff says he is like that even though he is incredible at what he does. So happy. He is the best!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I just had four wisdom teeth removed and it went very smoothly. Dr.Wittenberg always makes me laugh and feel comfortable, I know I am in good hands, and the nurses are just as impeccable with their care and kindness. I did not think i could have such a positive experience for a surgical procedure! I highly recommend their offices, and I would be happy to only ever have Dr. Wittenberg and his team operate on me.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is a Certified Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. As an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dr. Wittenberg manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. He has a background in both dentistry and advanced facial surgery. The combination of his education and experience over many years in all aspects of Facial Surgery makes Dr. Wittenberg an ideal choice for facial bone and soft tissue surgical procedures. His diagnostic skills are superior and is a key to having the proper assessment and management of your concern. Dr. Wittenberg practices a full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with long term experience and expertise ranging from reconstructive/corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal to cosmetic facial surgery.He is one a few persons who have the education, knowledge and training to manage both the hard and soft tissues of the face. This extensive background and experience combined with a natural artistry, benefits all of his patients. Dr. Wittenberg has introduced many innovative and advanced procedures to the practice of Facial Surgery. He has advanced the area of TMJ diagnosis and surgery; ‘no jaw wiring’ technique for Orthodontic surgery; surgery for Invisalign orthodontics (previously never done); and facial cosmetic surgery. He is well regarded as an expert in his field. His academic background includes the award of the prestigious Gold Medal for outstanding achievement (DMD) and a Master’s Degree (MSc.) combining the study of craniofacial surgery with anatomy and physiology. Dr. Wittenberg has achieved advanced study in reconstructive surgery and cosmetic facial surgery and continues to elevate his education. He has lectured nationally and internationally, and published in renowned journal and textbook formats. He presently teaches at the University of British Columbia. He is a Fellow of the BC College, member of the Royal College, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has contributed to the surgical profession as Chairman, President, Consultant and Examiner of various professional surgical organizations. He is the Director of the Facial and Laser Surgery Centre established for the provision of quality private care to his patients. He has introduced many advanced techniques for his patients in various areas of his specialty and enjoys all surgical procedures within his daily practice with a unique ability to focus on the simple to complex procedures with precision and skill. Dr. Wittenberg has received many complements on his gentle, approachable manner with accolades for his expertise in all areas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Overall, Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is committed to quality, compassionate care, superior patient satisfaction, and excellence in oral, facial and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.

Request an Appointment