Ratings for Dr. Gerald Wittenberg

I wrote a Google review and I'll do it again here simply because my experience with Dr. Wittenberg and his staff was truly the best. The receptionists were very friendly and answered all of my mom's questions (she's very talkative, yet they were still patient with her). Probably the best care and service I had from a doctor and his staff. I was there on Wednesday, just a few days ago to get 3 wisdom teeth removed. After asking my friends about it, I was really scared for the operation, but the doctor's sense of humor, calm demeanour and friendliness loosened me up. While I was waiting for the doctor to prepare everything, an assistant accompanied me and we had casual conversation instead of just leaving me alone in that room being all scared...which is quite rare because usually you just get left alone in a room not knowing what to think. So I feel like even the assistants are trying their best to provide a pleasant experience for their patients and that it shows that they really care. What was shocking to me was that the operation was over in just half an hour! I woke up and was thinking "wow i'm done? this was way easier and painless than I thought". An assistant then guided me into another room to go over tips on how to take care of my teeth and the medicine that I needed to take. Then when I got home, woke up from my nap, the assistant called me to check up on me! It was such a nice gesture. She called to make sure that I ate and that I took my medicine...etc, and if I had any problems feel free to give them a call. I also got a follow up email right after that! It's now the third day since I got my 3 wisdom teeth removed and i feel no pain at all, just a tiny bit sore. I even worked out yesterday (which I wasn't supposed to do), but I felt fine. Today I'm eating boiled potatoes and carrots, oranges and dumplings already! No swelling in the face whatsoever!! So far, I've recommended quite a few friends already to Dr. Wittenberg because he is extremely professional and superb at what he does!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's response
We really appreciate your compliment on your care in our office. We certainly try to make everyone comfortable, provide a quality service; and we all love what we do - I am glad it shows. Thanks very much

Submitted November 1, 2016

I had a few procedures over time with the gifted Dr Wittenberg. I started with some Botox and fillers for the area under my eyes and near the nose and was so happy that I found someone who did the procedures with great care and artistry. I had had some less ideal experiences before I went to Dr Wittenberg. He has a warm bedside manner and is soft spoken but also very informative about what is possible and what is not. After a while I realized that fillers were not the answer long term and decided to do a cheekpad lift which had been explained a few times to me by the doctor and his staff. Well, it sure made a difference and seemed to make me younger looking and less tired from day one. I did have bruising which they warned me about but after the swelling and colors went away, I was extremely happy. I miss going to see the office since everyone is so nice, but I catchup when I want some botox. Super surgeon and great staff. Highly recommend them

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I had cheek implants done by Dr Wittenberg to fix my sagging flat cheeks. I had looked around and found great things said and his website is great. I wanted bigger cheeks for some time and he made sure I was reasonable in what to expect for my particular face. I was just reminded of the surgery this last while when someone told me I had model cheekbones. They did not know they were implants so I was so pleased about that. I also had the cheekpad lifted at the same time so I don't look too bony but I think I have a really soft look. My eyes look bigger for some reason which I like. The look does take time to be what it will be but it is worth the wait. The nurses were really nice and Dr Wittenberg is a gentle man for sure with a great eye for what you can do.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's response
Thanks so much for the kind review. Our office tries its best to educate patients and help them choose the best approach for their goals.

Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr Wittenberg should stick with dental surgery. He injected bellafill in my marionette line, and actually placed it beside the wrinkle, so now I have a big bump, which accentuates the wrinkle. I tried to book an appointment to see what could be done, -and he said it takes 8 months to settle, and would not see me. . Two other surgeons have told me that this is not true, and that he injected it in the wrong place. Bellafill is a permanent filler. It can't be fixed. $1,500 dollars down the drain, and at least 5 years with a bump on my face. I would like him to try steroids, but it's tough because he won't schedule an appointment with me. Ridiculous.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

After having the top, bottom jaw and chin surgeries, I can only be impressed by how well it went, how great the staff were and how amazing Dr Wittenberg is. They prepare you perfectly for what to expect and give handouts and spend lots of time with you and my family in my situation. The orthodontist said the result is perfect and I love my new face. Even though it was for bite treatment, the cosmetic change is so good. I never had a chin before and now I know what it feels like to feel really confident. Dr Wittenberg is like an artist. Love it. Don't be afraid of the surgery. The nurses said it only took one hour and I have no residual problems to speak of.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

I had double jaw surgery and a chin surgery and I must admit I was very surprised how well it went. Like lots of people who have to decide on surgery, I was worried and not sure. After meeting Dr Wittenberg for a consultation, I was immediately put at ease from his relaxed and friendly manner and also all the information he gave me. He talked about my growth pattern and was nice about describing how the surgery recovery would go. Really liked him. The nurses were great in preparing me and my family for what to expect when it was time for surgery. I was super pleased not to be wired and to have food within the first week. Amazing. Even though I did this for my bite, I was really most happy about my new chin shape and how it fit with the rest of my face. My doctors told me that Dr Wittenberg is really well known for his cosmetic eye and getting great natural results. Anyway, glad I meet him and glad I did the surgery. So if you are nervous, its normal, but dont worry.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Honestly all I can say is that he is amazing. I had a double jaw and chin surgery done. It changed my life for the better, and for that I am very thankful. Dr. Wittenberg is an extremely skilled surgeon and knows exactly what he is doing. I would highly recommend this office to anyone considering any of these surgeries.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I read about Dr Wittenberg on the internet and knew he did amazing chin surgeries and chin liposuction. I contacted his office and they were really friendly and answered a lot of questions since I was out of town. I arranged a consultation and was really impressed by all the information he gave me about my jaw growth and the choices I had. I had braces when I was younger and they took out some teeth and that changed my face. I really wanted a better look. I saw lots of pictures of his patients who looked great and like they were always that way. I booked a surgery in his office and it went really well. The recovery was super quick and only some swelling for a few days. I loved the look immediately. I had a chin surgery and buildup of the sides of the jaw so the jawline looked so sharp and for the first time I had a jawline. So cool reallly. Anyway, they called me lots after surgery and were so kind. Dr Wittenberg is a perfectionist and it shows. He kinda has a vision for your face

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Honestly he's skilled and all but I felt that he was all about the money, adding procedures I wasn't interested in or needed and man his prices were much higher compared to other quotes I got, like super high!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's response
Our office really tries to listen to the patient's goals and provide education about the various procedures that could be helpful to them. Perhaps it can be misinterpreted, but we do give a full treatment plan and hope that patients will ask further questions if there is any confusion. We love what we do and only want to help the patient achieve their goals.

Submitted November 1, 2016

I was referred to Dr Wittenberg by a friend who had only glowing things to say about him and his team. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to any kind of dental work but Dr Wittenberg and his entire staff turned it into a beautiful experience. I had 3 wisdom teeth removed in under 45 minutes and am now recovering very well. A couple of assistants chatted with me before the surgery and they were both so sweet - it really helped calm my nerves. I can't even remember when I fell asleep, but all I remember was waking up a little dopey and hearing praises that I did a great job (if only my instructors in secondary school were as nice when that happened, ha). Dr Wittenberg himself is a gem! He's warm, caring, and very patient in answering all of my questions. He absolutely knows what he's doing. I really feel for people who had less than a stellar experience when extracting their wisdom teeth. It really does not have to be a horror story! Will definitely be recommending Dr Wittenberg and his team at both the Vancouver and Richmond locations.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is a Certified Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. As an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dr. Wittenberg manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. He has a background in both dentistry and advanced facial surgery. The combination of his education and experience over many years in all aspects of Facial Surgery makes Dr. Wittenberg an ideal choice for facial bone and soft tissue surgical procedures. His diagnostic skills are superior and is a key to having the proper assessment and management of your concern. Dr. Wittenberg practices a full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with long term experience and expertise ranging from reconstructive/corrective jaw surgery and wisdom tooth removal to cosmetic facial surgery.He is one a few persons who have the education, knowledge and training to manage both the hard and soft tissues of the face. This extensive background and experience combined with a natural artistry, benefits all of his patients. Dr. Wittenberg has introduced many innovative and advanced procedures to the practice of Facial Surgery. He has advanced the area of TMJ diagnosis and surgery; ‘no jaw wiring’ technique for Orthodontic surgery; surgery for Invisalign orthodontics (previously never done); and facial cosmetic surgery. He is well regarded as an expert in his field. His academic background includes the award of the prestigious Gold Medal for outstanding achievement (DMD) and a Master’s Degree (MSc.) combining the study of craniofacial surgery with anatomy and physiology. Dr. Wittenberg has achieved advanced study in reconstructive surgery and cosmetic facial surgery and continues to elevate his education. He has lectured nationally and internationally, and published in renowned journal and textbook formats. He presently teaches at the University of British Columbia. He is a Fellow of the BC College, member of the Royal College, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has contributed to the surgical profession as Chairman, President, Consultant and Examiner of various professional surgical organizations. He is the Director of the Facial and Laser Surgery Centre established for the provision of quality private care to his patients. He has introduced many advanced techniques for his patients in various areas of his specialty and enjoys all surgical procedures within his daily practice with a unique ability to focus on the simple to complex procedures with precision and skill. Dr. Wittenberg has received many complements on his gentle, approachable manner with accolades for his expertise in all areas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Overall, Dr. Gerald Wittenberg is committed to quality, compassionate care, superior patient satisfaction, and excellence in oral, facial and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.