Ratings for Dr. Martin Bouliane

Had an accident at the beginning of August where amongst other things, I sustained a completely severed humurus. The UofA ER surgeon splinted my arm with hopes the bones would reunite and fuse without surgery. Ina follow up appointment, last week, I was referred by the original surgeon back to the hospital,for a reduction and fixation. By chance Dr. Bouliane was available and performed the surgery. He met with me prior to the surgery in the OR prep area and answered all my questions, provided in depth surgery details and explained the potential risks to my radial nerve, and discussed graft options (to which I was asked my preferences). The surgery went awesome - from my perspective anyway - no radial nerve damage, no hip graft needed, healing pneumothorax didn't tear, and no nerve block needed. Dr. Bouliane came to visit me after the surgery and discussed post op plans and recovery strategies. He stressed the importance of following the plan and for optimum success he was very particular with certain aspects of the plan. Overall this surgeon helped me feel that I was an active participant in this whole process. His credentials as an upper extremity specialist speak for themselves and so I can't be happier to have 'by chance' received his care. This is a professional I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Very good surgeon but pompous with his patients. Don't dare ask questions or challenge him in any way. His response is rude, infantile and aggressive.

Submitted July 27, 2017

This guy works miracles. As long as you are willing to put in the work to get back to normal, his work gives you the opportunity.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

No confidence in this Surgeon at all, as he doesn't listen to you and it's constantly distracted by staff interrupting. Very arrogant too! Wouldn't recommend him at all to others. Worse surgeon I've dealt with (and I've had a few).

Submitted July 5, 2017

I saw Dr. Bouliane in December due to extreme pain in knee area. He got me in for an MRI very quickly due to a bone growth and the MRI also showed a tear of my meniscus and arthritis . He operated on my leg yesterday and although I ha e pain from the surgery the pain from before surgery is gone. First time I have slept through the night in a very long time. His receptionist , Stasha has been extremely kind and helpful and always calls right back. Dr. Bouliane is such a caring doctor and has been my saviour through this whole thing!! Ty Dr. BOuliane - would highly recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Repaired 3 tears on my Rotator Cuff with the surgery happening in December. Did a great job and was pleasant and took the time to answer all my questions. Highly recomend.

Submitted April 20, 2017

One year ago I fell on the ice and boke my arm. Dr. Boulaine treated me. He was through, patient, shared information and I really respect him. In the end I did not require surgery and he was very pleased about that!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Bouliane is a amazing Surgeon. He was very thorough, informative and was able to diagnois and treat my shoulder injury with efficient and precision. Thank You so much for gaining my quality of life back. Would extremely recommend to anyone with a shoulder injury.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. Bouliane did a complete shoulder replacement surgery almost 4 months ago. I woke up out of surgery with no-pain-of-any-kind whatsoever, and have had zero pain since! My whole hospital experience was smooth, friendly and efficient. Thank you to Dr. Bouliane and his trusted administrator Paisha! I am now awaiting the same procedure for my other shoulder.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Boulaine is an excellent surgeon, and very skilled at diagnosing shoulder issues -- he found an injury no other doctor had seen, and took great care in correcting it. He is very patient and clear with explaining all the injury and surgical details, and his repair was outstanding. Thanks so much for your kindness, expertise and attention to detail. Additionally, his assistants and office employees are fantastic!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016