Ratings for Dr. Ruth Austin

Dr Austin is okay...sometimes oblivious to the time it seems but I guess one can can say she takes the time she needs with patients as she sees fit. Her staff, however...are just plain old 'lovely' women (please pick up on sarcasm). They are not very helpful and are often quite short. I know it is bad that I have missed a few appointments but it is pretty ridiculous when you see how close together they are and the doctor is often running late. In my opinion I am giving the next patient a favor...sometimes I have to wait up to forty minutes for an appointment when I arrive on time. I have had some pretty traumatizing problems within the past few months and the doctor is also oblivious to the fact that I cannot afford that twenty dollar co-pay every week. Between how much she is being paid by the insurance companies and how much I have to shell out I don't know why she needs to have such close-together appointments.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Austins for a long time, about 30 years. My first visit with her was when she was in an office on Ambler or Penrose St in Quakertown. I am happy with the care she has given me and my son. She is thorough in her exams and will treat me for whatever is going on at the time, even if my appointment was not for that issue. I like when she says, "If I were your sister, I would tell you this..." I know that sometimes you have to wait a while if she is running late, but when it is your turn, she gives you all of the time you need. I try to make my appointments early so I dont experience waiting too long. I have not had any negative experiences with her staff. They do call me when I am expecting a call back. I have taken my fiance there lately, because he does not have a doctor in this area and he likes her as well.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

When a doctor or dentist has a friendly, courteous staff, it leaves me with a great impression of the doctor him/herself. Dr. Austin's office staff are grudgingly helpful, they don't announce their names when they answer the phone, they're curt in their responses, and often downright rude. Although I always remain polite and pleasant, there is never reciprocity. I dislike seeing Dr. Austin for this reason and her rating has been diminished because of them and because of lengthy wait times. Dr. Austin in a fine doctor.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Austin is very accessible, NEVER patronizes me, takes the time to ask how the whole family is doing, and treats the whole person. I am always impressed by her knowledge of strange conditions I have never heard of despite my being a claims adjuster.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Ruth Austin's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Quakertown, PA