Ratings for Dr. Janice J. Emery

As one of the comments, I will never go back to that office. I had waited, and not for the first time, over one hour when the nurse was told I was complaining. this nurse proceeded to slam the door (great manners lady), and had me wait for other 20 minutes, when she called the woman who had a n appt. 40 minutes after mine... That is a lack of respect, and an abuse. Would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I had been going to Dr. Bettini since I was 14. Before he retired I started seeing Dr. Emery. The entire staff is wonderful. They are easy to talk to and very sensitive to your issues and health.I fully recommend them! I don't understand some of the negative comments on this board. I neglected to say, I am nearly 47 years old. I guess that says a lot about my faith in their practice. 33 years of care. Thank you Dr. Emery & Associates.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

I have been going to this practice for years. Dr. Emery is wonderful and very knowledgeable. She was a true comfort when I had a miscarriage a few years ago. Also, the midwife, Risa Rispoli is one of the most wonderful and amazing people. She was with me every step of the way through my pregnancy. She is understanding, calming and always answered my questions thoroughly and honestly. I think that these sites are often filled with people coming to complain about negative experiences and I wanted to add my positive experience. The one time the doctors kept me waiting more than 15 minutes was when a woman came in for a routine appointment and found out she had a tumore. The doctors spent extra time counseling her and I would want the doctor to do the same for me if I was in that position.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

All things considered my wait times in this office are only due to how involved both Dr. Cothran & Dr. Emery are with their patients. If I need extra time I also get it & I don't mind waiting for that. These are the Dr's I want in my corner!!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

There seems to be a lack of communication between the nursing staff and the doctors. I was trying to get pregnant and called to schedule a consultation and to get a prescription for prenatal vitamins. The nurse told me that I shouldn't start taking prenatal vitamins until after I was pregnant and that I shouldn't think about coming in until I was eight weeks pregnant. She was rude during our phone conversation and seemed to criticize me for wanting to come in. My friend (also a former patient) went in for a consultation and received a prescription for prenatal vitamins and was told that she should have been taking them for a least a year before trying to get pregnant. The receptionist doesn't acknowledge you when you first come in (even if you are standing in front of the desk waiting for her), gossips to her friends on the phone, and takes a long time to process paperwork and payments. I do not recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

This might be the only time I have been so upset by a doctor's office that I am motivated to leave the practice. I had previously seen several other doctors in the practice, each who had left for greener pastures. That should have been a huge warning sign. When I saw Dr. Emery, I waited over an hour (I called first to see if they were running late - I was told they were on-time). I waited nearly 40 minutes in the waiting room, THEN 20 minutes in the exam room (already in my paper gown, so I couldn't even get up to find out what was going on). Dr. Emery proceeded to show that she had not read my chart - I have had multiple fertility problems and procedures - she asked what I used for birth control, and when I gave her a strange look, she chastised me for not using birth control. (I am MARRIED and in my 30s) She gave no explanation or apology for the wait, and barely talked to me. Never again.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

I had seen Dr. Bettini for over 20 years and was very sorry to see him retire. He was wonderful. I then saw Dr. Emery and was very unhappy. She doesn't listen, doesn't ask questions and seems to want to rush to pills or surgery. After 24 years with this office I have switched. I don't trust her with my care and well being. I would avoid this office at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

I went to Dr. Emery and will never be back. The office is old and gross. I had a procedure done and was extremely nervous and in tears and she did not do a thing to ease my concerns or make me feel comfortable. I expect a lot more from an OBGYN.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2008

Highly discourage use of this office and this practice. Every aspect is lacking but particularly very poor care from the doctors who seem to be bothered by providing care and answer.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

I appreciated the helpfulness of Dr. Emery's staff. They were always very kind and concerned. I did not enjoy not being able to see a "doctor", only a nurse practitioner early in my pregnancy, due to the limited number of doctors in this practice. It was only after we had lost our baby that we were able to see and meet Dr. Emery. She was very helpful and answered my questions, but I can't help but wonder if some of my complications early in my pregnancy could have been prevented had I been seen by a doctor, instead of a nurse. I have recently switched practices due to the loss of our baby.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Janice J. Emery's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Burke, VA