Ratings for Dr. Barry Lurate

This doctor is in the work comp insurance pocket. He is arrogant and dismissive. He told me I was messed up and told work comp I had no restrictions. What a quack!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

He replaced my right hip and I have pain sense he did the procedure. Everyone I have spoke to that he worked has also have problems after he work on them. Would not even give me PT after procedure. Replaced other hip at the Andrews Institute and no problems. Lurate also has no bedside manners at all. Not recommended at all. My surgery was in about 2005.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Laurate is an excellent surgeon. I had a torn rotator cuff and I can't even tell I've had surgery. If you do as he says, you will have the same results no matter what kind of surgery you have.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Best Orthopedic Surgeon. He's fixed me and many, many of our family and friends. He's had to fix a lot of problems from other orthopedic surgeons in town including so called specialists that operate on you and then discard you when it doesn't work. Dr Lurate always refuses to bad mouth them, just rolls up his sleeves and gets the problem fixed. His staff may be no better or worse than the others but at least they are not fake and don't tell you they will do something and then not do it. God bless Dr Lurate

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

While having performed. RTher complicat surgery sass performed well, however some of his staff members come across as no caring and have less than polite telephone manners

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Worst ive ever experienced, no care whatsoever , and got my medical records messed up with someone else's , would not recommend

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

New patient and waited over one hour before being called back.

Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. Lurate is not a very caring surgeon he gets you in and out then after that any help you need is basically it whether you hurt or not he could care less!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Two hip replacements and a knee with no problems. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

worst doctor I have EVER had, I had a very complicated broken wrist needed surgery. From the first visit in the hospital before surgery he was arrogant and rude. Nurses at sacred heart warned me. The follow up was worse, he couldn't take the time to see me in the office, sent in his nurse until I insisted to see him, boy was he pissed he had to see me when I had an appointment, arrogant rude and more concerened that I needed to quit smoking then how my wrist was healing after surgery, and if you have any pain after surgery...forget it! tough it out you'll get no pain meds there to afraid of the DEA I guess, did I mention he is married to a "super model" yup he is a real premadonna find a new doctor he a jerk off worst Doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013