Ratings for Dr. Jean C. Buhac

Worst doctor if you can call her that. She has you wait in the waiting room for over an hour as she wanders the waiting room then you sit naked in the exam room for another hour then has the nerve to question me about her staff when in all reality she should work on her time management and focus on her profession being a dermatologist. I will not return there even if they paid me.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Dr. Buhac seemed like she could help my severe acne problems as a teenager, or so I thought. Every appointment I had with her I had to wait at least twenty minutes (at most an hour one time) in the examination room after the nurse left saying "Dr. Buhac will be right with you." When she actually made it to my examination room she was extremely flippant, had no bedside manner, made me feel as though my acne was my own fault and left me in tears every time I saw her. She also prescribed me medications when I was a teenager without telling me any side effects for them (for example: no sun exposure with Retin A.). I have seen a male dermatologist in her practice and he was amazing to me but every single experience I have had with Dr. Buhac has been taxing on my skin, my emotions, and my self confidence. This is the first bad review I've ever left in my life and I feel as though it's deserved. Good luck Dr. Buhac.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

The first thing she does is offer me an 800 dollar treatment, before even looking at my face. Im young, why would I pay 800 dollars before anything else? Personally, I feel stupid for waiting so long in the room to see someone that talked to me for no more than five minutes and having a 40 dollar copay with whatever my bill is on top. I got a prescription I have gotten from my primary doctor before, and suggested my own second prescription. Awful experience, which I was excited for to hopefully take care of my issues. Felt the whole staff was very cold which is the opposite of how you should act in that environment. Maybe you should focus more on your patients rather than trying to increase sales in expensive procedures.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Front line Staff & Punctuality are great but the prices the office charges are NY City based. Very expensive with mediocre results. I wouldn't advise anyone to use this practice.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I asked to have a month plus a week’s worth of medication because I was going to be out of the area. The doctor said, “No problem!” I went to pick up my prescription (which I had to get transferred because they called it in at the WRONG PHARMACY) and of course, the quantity was only for a month’s supply. When I called the office to let them know I would need another prescription to get me through to my next appointment, they said I would need to get blood work done before they could do that. Of course, I’m out of the area so I can’t do that which is why I asked for the extra week’s worth in the first place!!! I had to remind them several times that the DOCTOR herself had approved this and call back several times before someone actually said they would call in the prescription. I made sure to verify the pharmacy since they got it wrong last time. Well, I went to my pharmacy that evening to find that they hadn’t called the prescription in!! I called three other pharmacies just in case they had made a mistake with the pharmacy location, but no dice. Today is the day after I was told the prescription would be called in. I called the pharmacy…nothing. I’ve been calling the dermatology office since 2:00 and get nothing but an automated message saying “Please call back during our business hours: Mon- Thurs, 9am- 4:30pm) Well, guess what…!? It is their dang business hours and I’ve left a massage already, and keep calling and there is no response. Keep in mind they are closed Fri- Sun and I’m going to run out of medication tomorrow. I can’t even believe how UNPROFESSIONAL and UNORGANIZED these people are. This is completely unacceptable!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I just made an appt as a new patient. I was impressed with Megan who took my call and scheduled appt. Very nice and friendly. Looking forward to the appt. New to the area and miss my former MD. Hoping this will be a good fit

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I waited almost an hour to be seen by the doctor, even though the assistant said it would be just a few minutes. No apology from the doctor when she arrived, she even gave me a bit of an attitude when I mentioned it. Very brief visit, doctor recommended a pill but neglected to mention the fact that it would cost over $500 as one of the drawbacks I'd asked about. Their office makes it very difficult to actually speak to anyone regarding questions or problems (office also screwed up getting my prescriptions sent to the pharmacy) bogging the patient down in a series of automated phone menus and answering machines. I finally left a frustrated message expressing several concerns over the medication she'd prescribed, begging someone to call me back promptly since I had a follow-up appointment scheduled which relied on me beginning the course of medication quickly. The office never called me back. Paid $140 for the privilege of being ignored and forgotten. I'll never go to them again.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. jean Buhac is the only dermatologist that took me in her wings.i have vitiligo for almost 10 yrs. ,it just happened after my first baby was born,every average woman like me would be freaking out..i tried every single meds & procedures available but invain so I decided to undergo depigmentation..Dr. Buhac understood my emotional factor as a mother & a woman..i'll never forget when she told me .."we can do this.."i know that this is a long road for me but having her is the best consolation..THANK YOU SO MUCH DOC,YOU'RE THE BEST...

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Waited 40 minuntes before the physician's assistant made his appearance with a whirlwind visit. My diagnosis for him is that he has a God complex as he didn't bother to ask my daughter any questions regarding the history of her problem or the medications she took before, or what her options were to solve her skin problem. He simply spent about 3 mins of time total in what I guess could be called 'assessing her' and TELLING her what he was going to give her (again without even looking closely at her skin or asking ONE question as to the history of the problem and what she's already taken and how it's worked for her). "Stress, oil production...blah blah" Really??!! This is basic stuff. He finally said abruptly "any questions?" I finally spoke up to try and tell him about her history and that nothing topical has worked before. I was dismissed with the prescriptions which they told me were not covered by insurance(my insurance DID cover it). $125 for 3 mins of nothing-you do the math!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Never saw the doctor she was running so late. (I left after an hour.) I received no apology or acknowledgement that this was a problem.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

Dr. Jean C. Buhac's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1994)
  • Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)