Ratings for Dr. Craig F. McCabe

after many years of putting off cataract surgery, my vision was becoming a problem with work, and needed to get surgery. I researched techniques, physicians and postop recovery time... I first met Dr. McCabe for a routine exam, staff was friendly, efficient and did not waste my time.. after all my research and watching youtube, I considered myself pretty knowledgeable, but received even more information.. I was not rushed to make a decision abt the type of lens or surgery date.....I got my surgery date booked that was timely for me/work and chose the multi-focal lens... I highly recommend the multi focal lens.. no more makeup on my glasses, no more missed spots of makeup, and getting to choose some good quality sunglasses instead of clip on made me feel no much better... I had so much better vision the night of surgery and the next day was able to read that small print on my insurance policy.. I had 20-20 vision at the first checkup...my second eye also went smooth and was back to work in 48hrs ....Best decision I ever made was to get the multi focal lens with Dr. McCabe for the surgery...no complications or side effects postop with either eye...

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Tries to see too many patients. Had several serious issues after surgery and won't return my calls.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

The success of my recent cataract surgery by Dr. McCabe has truly enhanced my life. My vision is sharp and crystal-clear. Amazing! Dr. McCabe and his staff are excellent.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Both my husband and I have been using Dr. McCabe for several years. We have found him VERY knowledgable and professional. Hi staff is ALWAYS polite, helpful and caring. I would recommend him to anyone in need of excellent eye care.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Rate the Doctor and his staff 5! Inspires confidence and trust. Thanks

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

All I can say is WOW!!!! Dr. McCabe and his staff are the best. I've been trying for the past 4 or 5 years to get contacts that I could actually see out of. I had resolved that it was not going to happen. I heard about Dr. McCabe and on my second visit I was to meet with this other doctor for my contact fitting well needless to say I didn't see him I saw Dr. McCabe. He doesn't even do contact fittings be he did for me. When I left his office I was in tears because for the first time in 21 years I had a pair of contacts that I could really see out of and able to wear the sunglasses I want to wear. His staff was so patient, friendly and helpful. I am one happy 58 year with the greatest collection of sunglasses ever.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

This is the last of many unpleasant episodes I have had with this Dr. and staff (staff being the person in charge of filing insurance and billing). I was persuaded by Dr. McCabe to have surgery to correct my astigmatism and that Medicare would not pay for it, but he would only charge a total of $400 no matter how many times I needed to return to see him.After my second visit, I started receiving bills for $150. I called his bookkeeper and told her I had paid the $400, she said that was for the surgery--I had records showing that Medicare and my supplemental insurance paid for the surgery. She said not to worry she woul take care of it. Upon my third visit to see the Dr. I was experiencing double vision and he came in (2 hours after my appt. time) and checked and said he was going to have to do more surgery.i don't have room for more comments, but the Dr. dismissed me and told me not to come back for a year.Today I received another bill for $150. Am out of room. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

I went here for my annual exam and was given an incorrect prescription. I couldn't see with my new glasses, so went back to their office and was told it would be $35 for a glasses recheck. I spoke with Alan and the lady at the front desk and they noted my account and set up an apptmt for the "re-check" .At the end of this apptmt I tried to pay but was told it was covered by my insurance.3 wks later I am notified by my ins that I have been charged $197 and since I already had 1 exam this year that it will not be covered. After calling McCabe's to find out what exactly is going on and speaking with "office manager" JoAnn, I am told that these are the correct charges, I was never coming in for a $35 re-check, I must pay the amount of an entire exam, and that I must pay extra because I did not pay the day I was there. She said they have no notes in my record regarding me needing a re-check and that Alan, who I spoke to at the office originally, has no recollection of speaking with me.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

The staff and doctors at McCabe Vision Center are kind and very knowledgeable. They take their time to understand your lifestyle needs and tailor your visual needs to fit them.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

Did not put correct lens in during surgery, at night have3 halos around all lights, terrible cannot drive at night/

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Dr. Craig F. McCabe's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1995)

Kaiser-Permanente