Ratings for Dr. Melvin E. Castillo

The best I am 55 now I had my children with him his top of the line

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

WORST DOCTOR EVER!!! EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND IGNORANT!!! I had only been seeing this doctor for nearly 1 yr and he was recommending I have a very invasive procedure done that I was quite scared and very hesitant to preform. After my 6 month follow up visit, Dr Castillo again recommended the same procedure only this time with his ultimatum that if I don't have it done he can no longer see me as a patient....well,to my surprise the following day he calls me over the phone, gives me some test results, tells me that he doesn't want to be responsible if I die and he WILL no longer be seeing me as a patient. Copies of my file will be left for me to retrieve. Well, after the intial shock,fear, & anxiety wore off...I got angry at how heartless and unprofessional this man was!! How is it possible that a supposed professional that took an oath to help people can behave in this fashion??... Thank goodness there are many other, better, more professional doctors out there.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Great care, staff very friendly, I have been their patient for 18 years, and have always been called with my results, good or bad!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

This was the worst doctor I have ever seen .I almost lost my son because of his neglegence. Thanks to the nurses in the labor room my child survived and to the Doctors in the N.I.C.U. He walked out no explanations and did not see him till my follow up visit. I Do not recommend this doctor to any women. always read reviews and search the Dr. you are letting handle you pregnacy.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Rae you guys going to the same office that I am going? I love Dr Castillo. He is the best,most experienced gynecologist Ive ever had. He delivered both of my babies. He is a no nonsense type of physician. He is a straight shooter. I appreciate that. If I ever have a pregnancy or delivery I want Dr Castillo calling the shots!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

DR.Castilio seems to me very nice and proffesional but his prices are CRAZY EXPECIVE! he charged me after surgery follow up , then he charged me again when i came to his office again , with a problems i had after surgery .i cant afford him unfortunately . i personally work for doctors office and we dont charge for follow up or if patients have a problem after surgery !

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

I agree that Dr. Castillo may seen a little "harsh" but as I got to know him he is very helpful and experienced. He delivered my baby boy 2 years ago. If you are looking for a more "friendly" approach ask to see Dr. Brasac. He is really good at making the patients feel good and safe.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

Dr. Castillo is the more professional of the bunch. I don't even know where to start (shakes head). Please, find someone who you feel comfortable with. BTW don't ever let anyone make you feel like your questions are ignorant or trivial (especially your gynecologist).

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

This Dr. and office are HORRIBLE! I was 9 weeks pregnant and I started to have serious pain and bleeding and they told me to go to Mount Sinai as the Dr. on call would go there, he never showed up! I was released from the hospital at 2 am with the diagnosis of Theat of Miscarriage. the next day I started to throw huge blood cloghs and I called Dr. Castillo to what he replied "Bring them to the office on monday!" HE was crazy! I was admited to Miramar Memorial Hospital the following day and I had to get a D&C by another Dr. that I did not know. They are horrible. I couple of days later the office called to ask me why I didn't go and bring the pieces of blood cloghs! That was a year ago, and they still call me to charge me $30 of Co-pay, they are unbelievable!.. NEVER GO THERE...

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

Melvin Castillo + Doral OB/GYN is the most unprofessional, inappropriate Doctor's office you will ever experience. Do not go here. This morning Melvin Castillo had his office assistant call my family member today who is 3 months pregnant to share a potential life threatening genetic disorder diagnosis over the phone. The office assistant is Jennifer B and she also stated on phone "...this is bad". When my family member called back to speak with her and share how inappropriate that was due to the fact she had an appt the next day with Melvin and could discuss in person, Jennifer B would not share her last name and promptly hung up. Are these the type of people you want delivering your baby? My family member is today distressed and anxious about the health of her child. I believe a prestigious healthcare institution like Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami should think twice about being associated with Doral OB/GYN. Shame on you Melvin Castillo, Doral Ob/Gyn and Jennifer B.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Dr. Melvin E. Castillo's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ De Salamanca, Fac De Med, Salamanca, Spain (Grad. 1973)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal