Ratings for Dr. Victor T. Bazzone

I would encourage anyone considering Dr Bazzone to think again. He ruined my son's back--Left him with a scar 5 inches long in a day when most do minimally invasive procedures. His pain level is much worse now than prior to surgery and this doctor insinuated his pain was all in his head. He now needs rods and screws. I know a woman who also was operated on by him ; she dealt with severe pain afterwards as well. He told her that her back was fixed and she wasn't in pain. She later found out (by a concerned physician caring for her) that he wrote in her chart that she needed to be evaluated by a mental health professional to rule out being a hypochondriac. This man is self absorbed and is degrading to over-weight people. Please find another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Awful! My husband and I had a terrible experience with this man. My husband has been out of work for three years because of chronic back pain, and the MRI's have been unrevealing. This doctor actually had the audacity to say 'I suggest you go back to work...do you want to be on welfare?' I was appalled! We take great pride in not living off of government assistance-our insurance policy is even paid in hard earned cash! How dare he! We've worked all of our lives to pay our own way...only to hear a physician WE were paying talk to us that way? Does he really believe someone would intentionally desert a seventy-six thousand dollar salary for SSI? He is a disgrace to the healthcare community.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I agree that this Dr. only cares about the insurance company and getting paid. He doesn't care about you or your wellbeing. I experienced this first hand. I went through physical therapy, epidural shots, and then a surgery on my lower back that didn't work! After all was said and done he released me and refused to refer me to a pain management dr. This guy is out for himself and the insurance company!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Don't go to dr. Bazzone if you arec a workmanship compensation patient. He had a long history of showing favor to insurance companies and not patients. How unethical can you be when all of the evidence points to workmanship comp. Being totally responsible for your injury and Dr. Bazzone sides with the insurance company. Do these doctors not know that they will have to give an account to the Lord one day?

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

good at doing surgery but could care less afterwards he has the GOD SYNDONE

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

After 1 lumbar and 2 separate cervical diskectomies (and possibly a 3rd) since 2001, I can say I have had no better physician in my life. He is more than willing to refer to other specialists when there may be a need. He is conservative with regard to surgery, and will try everything else first. He is genuinely concerned about me and treats me as I think he would treat a kid of his own. Even when there are complications post-op, he works with me until there are no more issues. He is honest with me and tries to "kick me in gear" about my excess weight and listens intently about concerns that have nothing to do with my spine. His nurse, Darlene, is wonderful, and I enjoy my visits to see both her and Dr. Bazzone. I can't imagine he would treat someone as if they were beneath him - he certainly has made me feel extremely valued. I appreciate Dr. Bazzone and Darlene and have suggested many friends see him - and he has helped repair other doctor's mistakes for them.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

very good iwould go back tomorrow if i had a problem

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Very helpful to me, nice and knowledgeable about my operation. Talked to other people that he has done surgery on and all were pleased. Told me about all scars healing time and was very helpful in me making my decision.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008

I would never allow him to do another surgery on me. Nor will I ever reccommend him to any other patients. I hope he has stopped practicing medicine. For I feel that is all he did was practice. I advice anyone looking for a Neurologist to avoid this doctor. He treats you very nice until you have surgery, then you are done: "You cannot have scar tissue causing more pain; I did your surgery". So self absorbed! Anytime you are operated on, there is going to be scar tissue. Even me, a person he must have concidered an uneducated, below him level, knew that. Oh, he will help out your insurance people, not you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

Dr. Victor T. Bazzone's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Gulfport, MS