Ratings for Dr. Randal T. Trecha

I had back surgery over a year ago I'm in worse pain now than before my surgery I never seen dr trecha after my surgery never saw me my entire hospital stay woke up with a hip problem that I never had before I was treated like I was just making up my pain was told oh you canu hurt that bad long story short I wouldn't recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

My father had back surgery (vertebrae removal) by Dr trecha over a year ago. Dr trecha only did a couple of follow up visits & didn't approve physical therapy. My father started having terrible pain a couple weeks later, Dr trecha basically told him it was in his mind. After suffering for over a year my father recently tried to make another appointment with Dr trecha, the nurse said he's very busy & didn't know when he could see him. It's been a week and Dr trecha's office still hasn't called back to set up an appointment. If you have to have back surgery done and your doctor sends you to Dr trecha definitely get a second opinion first. Hopefully Dr trecha will do more follow up soon to find out what went wrong with the surgery so it can be corrected. If so I will gladly change my review, until such time my review stands though.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

Very talented surgeon who takes pride in high standard of care. Excellent outcome from surgery. Highly recommend !

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Dr. Trecha is indeed a world class, five star orthopedic surgeon. Don't let his serious, sometime stern, all-business exterior offend you; he may not be big on grins and idle chit-chat, but I think that's why he's at the top of his game. And if you have questions, he'll answer them. If you don't understand his answer, he try another approach. I learned more about the spine from him than I could after months of research on the web. He gave me other options to try before recommending surgery, and encouraged me to hold off as long as I could. Eventually I had to have surgery and I was on the operating table six-plus hours. He was sweaty and exhausted afterwards, but still took time to sit down and talk to my family and answer their questions. He even came by late that night to check on me and his other patients at Columbia Regional Hospital. Kudos to the dynamic duo: Dr. Trecha and the friendly, ever-present, on-the-ball Physicians Assistant that keeps him going, Gary Reeves.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

This surgeon is world class. He is an excellent surgeon with good dexterity, thinks on his feet, and is up to date on techniques. I know some medical personel who have been in the OR and back this up. He fixed my lumbar 3 years ago and it still looks good. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

No BONES about it, he is the best orthopod in the state! I had my back fixed & it is BETTER than new. I would go back to him again!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

Dr. Randal T. Trecha's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1982)

• Blue Cross Medicare Select