Ratings for Dr. Donald MacKenzie

He and his Baylor ER Drs are just horrific!! They sent Dad home in sevear pain!!!They're just horrible Doctors!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr. MacKenzie's staff is rude, condescending, bitchy, and combative as I've ever seen. However, Dr. MacKenzie is clearly one of the best in his field. I will have him do all of the work on my back, and just grin and bear it with his staff while I do. Clearly he doesn't know how rude and unfriendly they are, because it seems to be so counter to his personality and what he wants for his practice. It's sad that people who could benefit from his help may be turned away by his staff. Wish someone would tell him to fire off those wretched souls and get folks in their place who are as nice and capable as he is.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Awesome, the Dr. and his staff! I have been in pain for years and 3 yrs out I am still pain free. I highly recommend Dr. Donald Mackenzie. I wish I could go into offices today and get treated as well as his staff treats all his pts.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr. Mackenzie is brilliant. My husband and I have been through 8 months of torture, hoping to find a diagnosis for a crippling tailbone pain that had left me unable to walk without medication. We have been to 9 doctors in Dallas and have had countless MRIs, CTs, etc. After two visits with Dr. Mackenzie, I've been diagnosed and we are now in the processes of scheduling surgery. He is kind, thorough, has an amazing bedside manner, and has been the light at the end of a very long and painful journey! On a minus - his staff is far less than cordial. Although very punctual and professional, they are condescending, curt, and boarderline rude. We though it was just us, however, we witnessed their lack of congeniality with several other patients. If not for Dr. M's credentials and knowledge, we would have left upon the FIRST encounter with his staff.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. MacKenzie took as much time as I needed to thoroughly explain my procedure, encouraged questioning, was very professional and distilled everything to an understandable level. My results were better than expected and I stongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I was an existing patient of Dr. MacKenzie. When I was in a head on collision, my neck was badly injured. I turned to Dr. MacKenzie as my trusted orthopedic who TURNED ME AWAY because of insurance complications that surround a auto accident. I have never been so appalled. All he cares about is getting paid by your insurance company.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

I hear a lot of people with horror stories about botched back surgery. I know myself with out a doubt MacKenzie is the best spinal surgeon you could ever need. I might as well wear advertising for him with all the people I have sent his way. Mine was a 3 level fusion with rods and cages and once I got past the first couple of recovery days I was up and walking. My back and the pain that was in my legs have never hurt again. I have discovered I may have another nerve issue a little further up the spine aways and I know it may be hard to believe but I cannot wait for him to repair it because I have total faith that he will.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I had the worst year medically in 2010. I woke up one day and hurt like nothing I had ever experienced. I had lost my balance and had started falling . With each fall a new injury. I blew my ACL a 100%. Had to have surgery and was fired because of this. Knowing my insurance was ending I had to have sx immediately on my lower back. It had collapsed at l4 and L5. This had been the cause of everything. I was quickly referred to dr. mckenzie. My sx was successful. I am 9wks out.and off of medicine currently. I still have alot of healing. This dr cares about the patient and followed thru with 90 days of follow up care at no charge. Every doctor should take a lesson from this talented and skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

Dr. Donald Mackenzie is AWESOME! He not only cares a great deal about his patients but he also is an outstanding surgeon. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. He performed surgery on my lower back and did an outstanding job. I am so much better than I was. Don't hesitate to go to see him. You won't be sorry

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

Dr Mackenzie performed major surgery on my lower back and literally gave me my life back. I was told I was not a good candidate for surgery, but he took my case and did an amazing job. He is very knowledgeable and kind and really cares about his patients. I am so thankful to have met such a talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr. Donald MacKenzie's Credentials

• Univ Of Calgary, Fac Of Med, Calgary, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1977)