Ratings for Dr. Wickus Venter

Dr. Venter is an excellent physician who really cares about his patients and is willing to go the extra mile. When I first transferred to his new clinic, they were having trouble getting connected to the Netcare system to be able to check my bloodwork results. It wasn't scheduled to be working for another week. He didn't want me to wait that long, so when he went to his other clinic the next day, he called me personally to tell me the results. And on another occasion, when I had an urgent concern and he wasn't in the clinic, his staff got him to call me back on my cell phone to discuss the same day. That is just unheard of with most doctors these days . He is a true example of a dedicated doctor that really cares. He is willing to listen to your concerns as long as it takes, he is very kind, and has a great beside manner with little children. Nothing rattles him, very calm all the time despite a crying baby for ten minutes :-) He has good techniques to be able to examine children if they are not being cooperative. And he is efficient as well, as I rarely have to wait longer than five minutes when I have a booked appointment. My entire family and extended family have been patients of Dr. Venter for the last couple of years now, and we are very happy.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I was happy to find a "new" Doctor close to home and really like Dr Venter. Since my former family Doctor retired I have been to several doctors and been quite unhappy. My whole family is now with Dr Venter and now that my daughter is pregnant, she has found he has been very kind and understanding and very thorough. I have found this for myself & husband too. I never feel rushed and always listened to. Kudos to Dr Venter.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I was so pleased to find Dr. Venter. He is thorough and extremely knowledgeable. He made me feel quite comfortable discussing issues and answered all my questions without making me feel rushed. Our entire family has switched to his practice.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. Venter has been the most thorough doctor I have ever been too! I am now using him as my Family Doctor, as mine just retired. He is amazing with my 4yr old too, great bedside manner and you don't feel rushed. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Venter is absolutely great. I'm new to Calgary and was looking for a new family Doctor. I found Dr. Venter at Hygieia Medical clinic. He has amazing bedside manner and really cares. I've seen so many doctors that make me feel rushed and just want to get the appointment over with - you're seen as a number. Dr Venter is extremely thorough and really made me feel comfortable. I recommend Dr Venter for anyone looking for a family Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Great diagnostician. Did not accept initial diagnosis without root cause. From fractured vertebra to Multiple Myeloma diagnosis in 2 days!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Dr Venter is an extremely caring and thorough Doctor. He had to aspirate fluid from my knee and kept apologising as he knew the procedure was hurting me. He consulted with the Orthopaedic surgeon on call at Rockyview and they agreed on me going there the next day. I think he’s a great doctor and definitely has great bedside manor – which is lacking in many Doctors these days. Although he had many patients to attend to he made you feel like you were the only one.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2008

I ended up heading down to the South Calgary Health Centre - Urgent Care after going to two doctors regarding a pain in my lower right side. The first doctor wouldn't examine me, and told me the problem was in my head. The second doctor wanted to simply treat the symptoms after determining that it was not acute appendicitis. After having the pain worsen, I ended up down at the SCHC, under the care of Dr. Venter. I have to say, this man really cares about his patients! He got a copy of the ultrasound and blood work the second doctor ordered, and after agreeing that it was not an acute appendicitis, wanted to make sure it was not a chronic appendicitis (I've had this problem before). He ordered a CT scan as soon as possible. The next day I had a CT scan, and it turns out that I may have colitis or diverticulosis. This Dr. is truly an angel in disguise. He is very thorough, and his bedside manner is second to none. He even apologized for being so busy, which isn't his fault!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007