Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Volk

Dr Volk is outstanding. My issue is I no one cared or real acknowledgement in regards to an employee who Injured me horribly during procedure when I begged 4x to stop. Eileen hurt me badly still SUFFER till this day. She ignored my Xrays dvd showing all my hardware in my spine yet she proceeded without reviewing it. No medicine or sedation to push instrument into my Hardware instead of BONE 4x. BONE MARROW was horrifying excruciating pain. My brother asked her to stop yet ignored. She scolded me 4x saying she's been doing this 30yrs. To remain silent to he quiet over n over. Then she realized she was hitting my hooks and screws in my lumbar lower back area she said Oh I'm hitting steel. I was crying. A week 4 days had Drop left foot. Dr.Volk called me the night after failed bone marrow concerned appologize for what she did. I had to redo Bone marrow at hospital Professionally by surgeon stated what happened to me was Barbaric. I had it re-done with Catscan and guided Fluroscopy. Sedation and numb area. Surgeon also looked for fragments of instrument needles from Eilleen when she Injured me. I'm still injured and worse as time gone by. Never recovered from that woman did pushing my hardware in. As for Dr.Volk I know he was not pleased with her hurting me. Dr.Volk was concerned that night. But unfortunately never recovered. Have to have surgery.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Dr. Volk is very informative and clear as to the various treatment options which may apply including their pros and cons. He prefers conservative treatment plans initially which aligns with my leans. He has an excellent bedside manner -- he is doing so well treating my Mother who has Alzheimer's. Very kind and considerate. Staff knows what they're doing and are courteous. Very self-contained one-stop shop with onsite pharmacy, laboratory, etc...

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Very nice and personable but also very conservative. Did not intervene until bloodwork was tanking when several interventions would have improvd my quality if life. was frequently rescheduled for weeks out at a time. The infusion nurses are all verry nice. My only compliant about the infusion center Is that my scheduled appointment times were ofen delayed because they didn't have a chair ready yet. the wait for a chair added between two and four hours to each infusion.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

It is well worth any wait to see Dr. Volk. Both Dr. Volk and his staff took time to discuss my illness and treatments with me setting out the pros and cons of the various treatments. I felt ny care was excellent.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Volk is an outstanding oncologist. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate and willing to go to bat for patients. Like all exceptional physicians he periodically runs behind. I never mind as when it is my turn, he'll spend whatever time I need.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Just found out the other day, that the doctor. and his P.A., didn't allow me the options last year, in regards to my treatments for cancer, that I should've been given. I should have had the right to hear the options, after all its my life on the line here, not the doctor's or his P.A..

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

The kindest and most knowledgable physician i have ever known.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Dr. Joseph R. Volk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Glendale, AZ