Ratings for Dr. Michael Szalay

I saw Dr Szalay a year ago for lipo of my tummy and waist. Dr Szalay patiently answered my questions and was very helpful and polite. He is very confident in his work, thorough, has a very skilled eye and won't do anything that he doesn't think will look good.The staff are also top notch and really care about you. It was an awesome job, I am so happy with my new body,feel more confident and I couldn't be more satisfied !

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I am now 1 year post op and couldn’t be happier with my implants how they look and feel and I am also happy with how the surgery and recovery went. Dr Szalay and his nurses did a fantastic job and made me feel comfortable during the whole procedure and after the surgery I was well taken care of. My only issue I had was the receptionist I found she wasn’t get back to me quickly and I had to follow her up a lot to get all booked in and all the information.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I have had 2 consultations with Dr Szalay about getting a breast augmentation. As soon as I walked in, I already had quite a lot of knowledge about the procedure as his website is amazing and helpful! He expressed his opinions on what size and shape would be best and I have full confidence in him as many will say he is a perfectionist. I am due for surgery on the 21st of Nov and I can't wait!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I recently had a breast lifft of dr szalay and im due for implants soon he is a perfectionist and I would recommend him to anyone after 5 weeks my scars sre already so faint and tidy im so happy with my results and cant wait for my next procedure

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I went for a consult for a chin lipo and BA. Straight away, he dismissed my chin lipo saying I didn't need it - but clearly he was just interested in BA. I know this cause he asked "which one is more important to you?" and silly me I replied "they both are, but I'd do the chin lipo first". Clearly he didn't like that as he would've rather booked me in for the BA first... Also I've read other reviews around the net about his unwillingness to perform lipo...not sure why, but don't advertise it on your website if you don't want to perform it! I even read of a girl who was booked in for a hips/abdomen lipo and then he just cancelled saying he didn't think she needed it... Anyways, when he told me I didn't need it (when I clearly do) I was just totally put off. Did not sound professional at all! Ok so then we moved to my breasts. I told him my mom had breast cancer 3 times, so I was adamant I wanted the implants under the muscle to facilitate the mammograph reading, but he said he'd put it in between...uhm say what? I asked him why and he just said it'd look better. Well, I think I'd rather have a second opinion about that!! Anyways, the whole experience felt like he was just trying to upgrade. Upgrade from chin lipo to BA, then he said the poly something implants would be better (but I read reviews and that's not necessarily true), then the position - how he wanted it, not how I did. And yeah, I just left with a very bad taste in my mouth. Oh, and on top of this, he was quite awkward too , really shy...not what you'd expect from a surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr. Michael Szalay

Dr. Michael Szalay's response
Thank you for your comment. You consulted me regarding your upper neck (beneath the chin) and your breasts. When I examined your neck, I noticed that there was loose tissue but minimal fat. In this situation, liposuction provides little, if any, benefit. When I examined your breasts, I noticed that they were loose and hanging. In this situation, below muscle placement is likely to cause a snoopy nose deformity, where the implant is held up by the muscle, but your loose breast tissue hangs downwards. A photo of this from the internet (performed elsewhere) can be seen here: https://www.realself.com/breast-implants/answers/snoopy-deformity A snoopy nose deformity is a result that the majority of women would be unhappy with. Dual plane placement is the ideal approach in this type of situation because the upper part of the implant is covered by muscle (to provide a more natural look) whilst the lower part of the implant has no muscle coverage and so is able to fill out the hanging tissue. An example of a dual plane approach is seen in breast 26 on my website gallery here: http://precisioncosmetic.com.au/breast-augmentation-gallery-2/ A mammogram is only slightly more difficult with dual plane and may require extra views. Current studies have shown there is no delay in the diagnosis of breast cancer in women with breast implants compared to those without implants and there is also no difference in the mortality rate. Nevertheless, one option for women who are not suitable for below muscle implants and who have significant anxiety regarding mammography is not to have implants. As part of all my consults, I discuss the pros and cons of standard (smooth or textured) implants vs polyurethane implants. Polyurethane implants significantly reduce the risk of capsular hardening, rotation, dropping, sagging and flipping. Further information regarding these implants can be found here: https://drmszalay.wordpress.com/category/polyurethane-implants/ About half of my patients opt for smooth implants and about half opt for polyurethane implants. I wish you all the best. Mike Szalay

Submitted September 4, 2017

I had breast implant surgery with Dr Szalay he was amazing! So professional and has great attention to detail, I'm so happy with my result. He's staff are grate also so helpful and lovely. I would highly recommend Dr Szalay and he's team..

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

I dont have an experience to share yet but wondering if Dr Szalay does facial cosmetic procedues with a local aneasthetic only ?

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I was so excited for my appointment. It's been a long time coming for this. When I rang initially the receptionist was quite closed & I felt like I had to prompt her a lot for information. I arrived 15mins before my appointment, I had organised my my mum and partner to look after our 2 small children at different times to cover worse case scenarios with allocated time for the appointment. I was quite anxious when I had to wait until 11:40 for my appointment (which was at 10). I expressed my worry when I went in as there was about 9 people waiting that he didn't have enough time, as obviously it's a quite important appointment. He just responded with comments like, yeah I don't know what to do, I feel like he was playing the numbers game & cashing in. I left my home at 9 and got back at 12:45. With no appointment as I left upset. I've now booked in with a surgeon with his coordinator that sounds amazing.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Michael Szalay

Dr. Michael Szalay's response
I am very sorry that you had to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes for your initial consultation with me. That is far too long, and your reaction is understandable. It is very unusual at our practice but occasionally I need to spend a lot longer with patients than I had planned and then, unfortunately, I can be running behind time. In that situation, I do try to ask my receptionist to ring people coming in to warn them that I am running late, but the problem is for the patients who are already there. It is a difficult situation to manage but it is important that I spend the extra time with someone if they need it. Again, I apologise for your wait. I wish you all the best. Mike Szalay

Submitted June 23, 2017

I have had a facelift plus with Dr Szalay 4 years ago and I am still happy with the results.I did find it to be a little painful for the first couple of days but recovery was quick and certainly worth it. The staff are fantastic and I found Dr Szalay to be informative ,Honest and pleasant and a little but humorous. but most of all his work is perfection and aftercare is fantastic

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Had breast implant surgery and am thrilled the results. Was an A cup and got round 315 cc implants under the muscle. My breasts look natural, symmetrical and perky but still have a beautiful roundness. Would recommend to everyone and my sister is now saving up for surgery with Dr Szalay. So happy!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017