Ratings for Dr. Michael Szalay

Dr. Szalay did an amazing job fixing what breastfeeding broke. He is a perfectionist with an excellent eye for detail. The nurses and admin staff are friendly and helpful. All my questions were always answered and my calls returned. I highly recommend Precision Cosmetic for anyone looking at feeling more confident and beautiful.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

I could not have had a better experience getting my breast augmentation with Dr Szalay. This is something I've wanted for years but was nervous what might happen. So glad I finally had it done! His work is wonderful and I couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

I have now had 3 procedures with Dr Szalay over the past 15 years. Each time I'm more than happy with the outcome. Each has been face lifts is different areas. He is without doubt a perfectionist. His skill in the specialised area of thread lift is superb and whilst uncomfortable after surgery, with the support of analgesics over the first few days, you do not feel pain as such. I had my procedure at Canossa Private Hospital where the staff were amazing. From the moment I was admitted, the attention to making me feel comfortable was wonderful. And today a staff member from theatre phoned to make sure I was ok and to call them should I have any concerns. Next day after surgery Doctor Szalay checked and changed bandages and I'll see him again in a four days for a further check. I'm 70 years old and was not trying to look years younger, just a better version of myself. Doctor Szalay has achieved this and I couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I had breast implants done in september 2011 , i have rang the office a few times to get my file sent to me but i still havent got it, staff cant tell me how or what i have to do to obtain my file, really not helpful at all

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr. Michael Szalay's response
Thank you for your comment. We are happy to provide a copy of patients medical records when we receive a written request with a confidential email address. Typically the process can take 3 working days as older records are stored in a secure off site location. We note that you called this practice on just one occasion. You were subsequently provided with the above advice and we have yet to receive your written request. We attempted to contact you with the email address we had on file to confirm the above advice but it seems your email address has changed since 2011. We wish to confirm that our email address for correspondence is michael@precisioncosmetic.com.au Precision Cosmetic

Submitted May 29, 2018

I had a breast augmentation under Michael Szalay in 2011. While I am happy with my results what I am unhappy about is contact from the clinic regarding the recent evidence surrounding breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma, a rare type of cancer associated with the use of textured implants. As a health professional myself, I believe that as more cases of BIA-ALCL have emerged in Australia, precision laser and cosmetic clinic has a duty of care to its former patients to both alert them and make them aware of the signs and symptoms. Perhaps this is something the clinic needs to consider in addition to registering for the Australian Breast Device Registry in order to contribute any significant findings towards greater understanding of BIA-ALCL.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Dr. Michael Szalay's response
Thank you for your comment. Initially, ALCL was considered to be an extremely rare condition. More recently, it is thought that the risk is a bit under 1 in 1000. It can occur with any textured or polyurethane implant. Possible signs can be a lump or swelling. If these occur, an MRI should be arranged. There are still some question marks about this condition and a recent publication in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery indicated some cases can resolve spontaneously. The current recommended treatment is to remove the implant and capsule, which usually cures the condition. More information on ALCL can be found here: https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/breast-implants-and-anaplastic-large-cell-lymphoma This practice maintains a register of all breast implant procedures performed and the data has been forwarded to the TGA. In addition, the practice has been registered with and supplied data to the Australian Breast Device Registry since last year. Mike Szalay

Submitted May 28, 2018

Dr Szalay was amazing! Can’t fault the experience or my results. As others have said he is very straightforward and professional and isn’t exactly up for general chit chat- which was fine with me, as I wasn’t there for a chat I was there to get breast implants. He was always on time, and it was very affordable. 15 months on and I am still stoked with my results, he did an amazing job and him and his staff made me feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the whole thing. I would recommend him in a heartbeat, 10/10

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I've had lipo of my thighs with Dr szalay and he did a great job. He's honest, particular and knowledgeable. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr szalay. He won't do anything if he doesn't think the results will be good enough. A perfectionist who takes pride in his skill.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Michael s is the best in the biz .... honestly nearly two years on and they look better . I wish I went bigger and he did tell me to go the size I am thankfully as I was nervous People say he's crude however it's more professional and respectable I know when I go for my revision in years to come it will be him as my first choice Wish he did rhinoplasty and otoplasty as he would be my go to :)

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

I had liposuction over 5 years ago with Dr Szalay and the results are still great! It changed my life.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Not a very confident surgeon (for my case anyway) I take aspirin for life and he refused to do breast augmentation because of this. He encouraged me to go find someone else and I did, and I've succesfully had my surgery done with someone else.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Michael Szalay's response
Thank you for your comment. As you know you have a medical condition which requires you to take aspirin daily. Both your underlying medical condition and the aspirin put you at a higher risk of developing potentially serious complications following surgery. It is important to remember that cosmetic surgery is just that: cosmetic. If there is a significant risk of developing a potentially serious complication, then one needs to question whether the surgery should be performed. For reasons of safety, I am unwilling to operate on patients who have a medical condition that puts them at a higher risk of complications. Naturally, people become disappointed when I let them know this but most understand that I am attempting to act in their best interests. I acknowledge that some doctors may be willing to take on riskier patients. Usually this works out well, but occasionally it does not. I am very glad that you had your surgery performed successfully and without incident and I wish you all the best. Mike Szalay

Submitted February 23, 2018