Ratings for Dr. Marvin E. Vollmer

I had a sleep study performed in late October and was told that I would receiveafollow up call. I never receiveda call, and my first calls for status never returned until 3-4weeks after the sleep study. Then I was told it would be december before I could get an appointment and could not receive a CPAP machine wihtout seeing the doctor. I had to reschedule due to work requiring me to be out of town and was told next available was January. I switched doctors and hadmy machine within 3 days of my visit, the new doc had me in within 2 days of my call. This delay was needless and thoughtless showing poor follow up or true patient care.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Did not focus on my concerns about my sleep apnea. After seeing him, I fell in my home due to fatigue. Switched specialists to another after not getting the care I needed from this one.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Excellent doctor who truly cares about his patients and their well-being. Always showed the utmost attention to my family and myself, and always remembered us and the stories we shared about him. This is a man who brings the "small town family doctor" to the city.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

I saw this doctor 3 times. He never smiles and apparently either cannot read his own writing or pays absolutely no attention to what he has been told. By 3rd visit I had repeated everything 3 times. He said he didn't understand why I was having daytime sleepiness after only sleeping 2 - 3 hours/night in small amounts of time. Said bright lighting would not have any affect on my migraines (they have for 40 years). Seems very uninterested and distant. Not worth any more waste of my time.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

Dr. Vollmer is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the field of neurology. He always took his time with me and answered any questions that I had...although sometimes it was a little high tech, but if I asked, he'd always re-explain in more layman terms. He personally told me several years ago that he likes the patients that other doctors have difficulty in treating because he finds that challenging for him. This fit me perfectly...others hadn't been able to control my epileptic seizures, but he did. I highly reccommend him!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2005

I've been very happy with Dr Vollmer, I was referred to him for a Sleep Apnea problem and he's been extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2005

Dr. Marvin E. Vollmer's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1979)

Wellpoint