Ratings for Dr. John Marzec

I have been one of Dr. Marzec's patients for over 15 years. He has always treated my injuries and conditions thoroughly; and followed through with my care until I was completely healed and my pain was gone. He is a compassionate doctor with an obvious passion for his craft; as well as a vast well of expertise in his field. He has always taken significant time to explain the anatomic cause of my pain and/or injury; as well as discuss the plan for my treatment and recovery. His detailed explanations included both technical and plain language to make certain that I knew exactly what was going on. Dr. Marzec is also a firm believer in preventative care. For example, one of the valuable lessons he taught me was the importance of stretching multiple times a day to avoid injury. Another lesson he stressed was the value of good nutrition in wellness care. Dr. Marzec is in excellent physical condition; and clearly subscribes to the lessons of strength, flexibility and nutrition that he shares with his patients. So, he is not only an excellent doctor, he is also an excellent role model for good health. I find that inspiring in a doctor in general; and in Dr. Marzec specifically. I trust Dr. Marzec so implicitly, that I have taken each of my 4 children to him for treatment of injuries they sustained playing sports over the years. In fact, Dr. Marzec actually performed surgery on one of my children. He repaired my son’s torn ACL that he injured playing lacrosse. With respect to Dr. Marzec’s staff…I have always found them to be extremely helpful and friendly. Every staff member has his/her specific set of expertise and responsibilities. They perform their duties with diligence and expedience. Each of them is always on task; and yet also readily available to assist a patient and/or answer a question. I would certainly now, as I have many times, recommend Dr. John Marzec to anyone looking for an excellent, professional and compassionate Orthopedic Surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

After my niece gets her MRI I will never go to this office ever again. The PA there gave her an script for a MRI a week ago. The office staff was suppose to submit it to her insurance company. We were told that we will have an authorization number in 3 days. She called the insurance company to see what is taking so long only to find out Jackie in the doctors office has not submitted the authorization. My niece has to suffer in pain while Jackie takes her time putting the the authorization. Her ankle is now the size of a bowling ball and is unable to even walk. I tried calling on her behalf only to be give an attitude and be told we have to wait for Jackie to do the authorization. I am very disappointed in the office staff. They treat the patients like garbage. I have worked in the customer service field for over 30 years and if I spoke to someone like I was talked to today I would have been fired.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Excellent doctor. Took time to explain my condition. I didn't wait more than 20 minutes. Staff ok.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Excellent, I was very comfortable and I felt I was in great hands!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Very good Doctor. Horrible waiting room and staff is smug and irritating.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

long wait..but very helpful once I saw him, great demeanor

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

just found out this Dr is a team Dr for the Long island Ducks and seem to be very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

Dr. John Marzec's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in West Islip, NY