Ratings for Dr. Luke E. Benedict

Dr. Benedict laughed at my symptoms and told me to yell at god for my weight problems. I left feeling worse.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I found Dr. Benedict to be knowledgeable and polite but not necessarily caring. I left thinking that he discounted my concerns.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Benedict has been my endocrinologist for 9 yrs. seeing me every 6 months. He is always polite and congenial. I have Type 1 Diabetes and Thyroid disease. He offers appropriate labs to help manage these situations. While professional he is also personal and can banter, which has made me feel cared for. When I'm feeling crummy, he can set aside his 'up' side to listen more seriously. It is rare to find a doctor who over these years maintains a great attitude while caring for the sometimes grumpy population of people with diabetes...

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Benedict is one of my favorite physicians. He's thorough and enthusiastic about my care, eager to answer my questions and share his information, concerned about my well-being...and best of all, has a lively, slightly irreverent personal style that I really enjoy.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Did an excellent job of diagnosing and explaining my medical problem. He was able to give an excellent idea that I had a tumer on my pituatory gland within minutes of meeting me. He followed this up with tests that confiirmed this. He has excellent comuication skills and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

I've been treated by Dr. Benedict for the past year. He is to the point, and has a great sense of humor. He's also personally follow-up w/ a phone call on concerns regarding lab results. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I thought that Dr. Benedict was great. He listened to my concerns, had great bed side manor, and seemed to genuinely care. He is a straight to the point doctor, which I liked, but not at the expense of rushing you or not listening. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. Overall, I was very satisfied.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

This was my first visit with Dr. Benedict and I found him to be VERY rude, uncaring, arrogant and condescending. He has one of the worst bed side manners I have ever encountered. I would NOT recommend him. I will be changing doctors as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Very rude. I went to the Mayo after seeing him. I could not understand why I was not losing any weight even though everything I would eat would go right through me. I wanted to know if this may have anything to do with the Thyroid. His response was eat less. He was very belittling.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

I chose Dr. Benedict because of his interest in thyroid problems and osteoporosis. I have both of those conditions, yet he brushed my concerns off and told me just to quit my medication and everything would be fine. I am in my early 50's with no risk factors for osteoporosis, yet have the bones of an 80 year old. He told me not to worry, my risk for fracture really wasn't very high. He did no lab work for my thyroid yet stated he didn't think I had a problem, even though I have been on thyroid medication for several years and my labs are still low. He intimated that I might be depressed (although I have no history or propensity for it), and that is why my thyroid medication helps me. I am a nurse with a Master's degree, and not uninformed or uneducated about health issues. I felt he belittled my concerns and I left feeling extremely frustrated and concerned for other patients who may be less informed and may not be getting the care they need from him. I would NOT recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Dr. Luke E. Benedict's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1999)