Ratings for Dr. A. Ashrafi

I was totally surprised when the doctor said that I was committing suicide and that I was poisoning myself with the medications I take. Yes, I have lung cancer and I do smoke. The medications a for effects from menopause. I do eat a very healthy diet and even though I do muscle toning exercises I do not do cardio exercises but I am by no means a couch potato. When I left the office I felt like I deserved to die from cancer and that I should not be wasting his time. He did not explain much other than that if he saw cancer in my lymph nodes my only options is radio and chemo therapies. I feel like I do not deserve his time and energy.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr Ashrafi is the best of the best. Aside from his wonderful bedside manners, he is one of those doctors that would treat a person as a real person. I had to have a tumorous stomach removed. Dr Ashrafi explained the complete procedure from beginning to end, not withholding any details. He gave us the best scenario and the worst scenario ensuring we are fully aware of the benefits and consequences. Post surgery, Dr Ashrafi saw my family and explained how the surgery went and what is next. He is very thorough and detail oriented and answers all questions without me asking. He told me that I will be out of the hospital in a week or two, I was out in one week. He called and checked on me every hour of the day and night. I am so thankful for Dr Ashrafi and his excellent skills as a surgeon. He is a wonderful Doctor. Thank you, thank you and thank you Dr. Ashrafi. Anis Abu al Faraj and family!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I have total confidence in Dr. Ashrafi. He explains the situation very well and is very easy to talk to. You could not expect better care anywhere.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Ashrafi removed a tumerous cancer (lobectomy) and told me I would be home within a week. I was at home in 3 days and am still recovering but doing well. He explained in detail about the operation which he stated had an excellent success rate. This Doctor is good and like other patients before me, would trust my life with this man. We need more professionals like Dr. Ashrafi in this day where so many people affected by cancer and other age related diseases. Thank you for extending my life Doctor. David MacKenzie

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Dr. Ashrafi is the best,his bedside manner is great,also his medical knowledge. I would highly recommend him to anyone.I had lung cancer & he removed the cancer at the same time lifting my spirits & making me feel good.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

Great bed-side manner, very down to earth. Makes an effort to get to know his patients. Excellent thoracic surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Fantastic surgeon, would highly recommend him. Took great care of our friend, and his follow up was very thorough

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

my comments are deeper...which means I know him since his residency and I have talked to doctors and stuff that had worked with him. All say the same thing. Professional, hard worker, passionate, knowlegeable and supportive. If life takes you to him you are in good hand ...

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

Dr. Ashrafi literally saved my son's life almost five years ago he was only 20. Dr. Ashrafi is not only professional, but he has the skills that make him an exceptional doctor. You are blessed to have him as your doctor.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Wonderful Doctor...took his time to make sure I understood everything...This area is going to lose a Great Surgeon......

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

Dr. A. Ashrafi's Credentials

• University of Ottawa (Grad. 1997)

Secure Horizons