Ratings for Dr. Kathy Plesser

I am madly in love with Kathy Plesser. She is the best there is in every way; brilliant, kind, sensitive and very generous with her time. I have had two biopsies done by her and I can report that they were actually painless! She is so skilled with the needle and in reading the sono and mammo. Although she does not take Medicare anymore, I am staying with her and paying cash out of pocket. That is how much I trust and value her expertise and personality! I couldn't go to another doctor after being treated by Dr. Plesser. She is following a very small mass in my dense breast that I think no one else would have even found.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

Called to cancel appt. Office was already closed. Got charged a $500 missed appointment fee

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr Plesser is as good as it gets in breast evaluation. She found 16 precancerous cells in my breast using mammography and ultrasound and as a result I was able to have a tiny biopsy surgery instead of much more serious future surgery. The surgeon could not believe that she was able to visualize so few bad cells. But I was not surprised. She is so careful and takes so much time evaluating your mammograms and ultrasounds and MRIs that you just know she will find whatever might be lurking. She often calls patients late in the evening to tell you that everything is all right. She is the best there is!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

Dr. Plesser is an amazing Doctor. She is very warm and able to speak with patients and put them at ease. She is thorough and will always do what's best for her patients. I can not say enough positive things about Dr. Plesser and her support technicians are also very helpful and nice especially during biopsy procedures.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Really put me at ease...very professional and very skilled...was a good expereince considering the anxiety

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Worth the wait! Started about 1 hr late, but I think that was because an "emergency" case came in ahead of me. The girls at the reception desk were a little gossipy- not too professional (only negative of the experience). The procedure was fine. MaryAnn, the technician was absolutely awesome and compassionate, explaining everything thoroughly. Dr. Plesser was kind, professional and knowledgeable. She was very reassuring throughout. I don't have results yet, but so far, so good.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

I had a bad experience when I had a stereotactic biopsy in the past at another facility. Dr Plesser and her staff are amazing. Knowing about my past experience, Erin, Dr Plesser's assistant actually put her arms around me during the more difficult parts of the procedure. Not only is Dr Plesser extremely caring, she is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend that anyone looking for the best radiologist contact Dr Plesser!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Waited almost an hour past appointment time and then was poorly treated

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Insists on cash up front. Why does she wear a tight white blouse that shows her breasts? Unnerving if you think you may have cancer. Reccommends unecessary testing. My experience is different than the other people on this site. Don't understand it.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Outstandingly thorough, responsive and follows up. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Dr. Kathy Plesser's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Illinois