Ratings for Dr. Evan F. Ekman

It was a sad day in my life when Dr. Eckman moved from Boone to Columbia. He is one of the best physicians I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

The best shoulder doc there is. Compassionate and worth the trip.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Dr. Ekman has spent considerable time trying to get my shoulder better without surgery. I for one appreciated the conservative approach. When it did not work we operated on the shoulder and I had an excellent recovery and outcome.o

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

I was sent to this doctor with a work related injury to my shoulder and he made a statement to the workers comp. rep. that there was nothing wrong other than a pulled muscle and that I needed to quit protecting it and start using it and get back to work.I have since seen two other doctors who have operated,not only on that shoulder but also replaced a disk that was buldging out of my neck.I now can't use the shoulder and I have a Bryan Disk in my neck. I would not recommend this doctor for the fact that even I know that you can't see muscle tissue on a skeletal exray and you can't determine things like the problem with my neck and shoulder just by having someone try to move the affected part.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I've been to see Dr. Ekman several times and he has also performed surgery on me: he's been great on every occasion.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012

Ekman thinks he is the best but put my knee back crooked & missed a badly broken toe. His assistant, Eric performed an interview and attempted exam before the doctor arrived for my appointment. Dr Ekman was nice, but his staff should not attempt to examine patients without his direct supervision.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Dr. Ekman is the only orthopaedic surgeon I trust. He has operated on me more than once and most of my family members. He's the best. His PA Eric is great. He's the intake doc that assesses you when you first get there before you see Dr. Ekman. He's very knowledgeable. Their rehab place is great too. He's not like those huge orthopaedic practices that have to have one doctor for each body part. He does it all and does it well.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

The best dr ever. I went to other drs and they could not help. I went to dr ekman not only did he help I can now do my sport again after a major shoulder injury. And Eric is just wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

do not believe the hype about this guy at all. Maybe he is good depending on what your situation is. When I went to him he rushed in and out. He did not even take the time to look over my problem, instead he only gloated about how he knew what he was doing and how good he is. I hate when a doctor says I think...instead of looking over things and saying I know. When asking a question, he makes you feel as if you are waisting his time or its a dumb question. My situation was not resolved and I ended up going elsewhere with better results. I gave him a chance after this happened twice. In my book three strikes you're out. If your doctor cannot take the time to explain things to you, go else where. Not a good feeling to walk out confused.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

I have had multiple knee surgeries with various orthopedists over the years. Dr. Ekman is by far the best. I have total trust in his judgment and abilities as at surgeon. He takes the time to explain procedures and leaves plenty of time to address any questions. He has been instrumental in getting me back to the active lifestyle that I enjoy.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Dr. Evan F. Ekman's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

HealthPartners