Ratings for Dr. Albert C Northcutt

Dr. ALbert Northcutt is the biggest Jackass there is. For the last 3 years my husband has had high levels of Hemocrit and Hemocrat levels in his CBC lab work, nothing of Dr. Northcutt's s concern. My husband had A-Rib last year, and then a stroke this year. My husband has always been pretty healthy. I got so fed up with all the prescription drugs Dr. Northcutt kept prescribing to my husband and not figuring out what was really wrong with my husband, so I reached out to a holistic doctor, Dr. Bier in Portsmouth, NH. Within 1 hour of our office visit with him, he looked at my husband's CBC lab work and figured out that my husband had high iron (ferritin levels) which could be high iron, or Hemocromatosis. If you have high iron in your body and it doesn't get treated by giving phlebotomies to get rid of the iron, it will eventually attack your organs and you will die. Dr. Bier sent my husband for further lab testing, and bingo, he had a ferritin level of 1,500, the average person's ferritin level is 50. I was extremely shocked and angry! So, people, don't count on your doctors to further investigate high or low levels in your lab work. Be your own advocate. Because they are only about prescribing PILLS, not getting to the root of people's health problems. The staff there is overworked and rude.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Nothing against Dr. Northcutt. I saw him for a sports related injury and he was decent. (Though he did suggest I get an MRI which turned out to be expensive and unnecessary, but that's life.) Londonderry Family Practice has terrible admin. I have always gone to this practice since I was a child, but as soon as I had my own insurance I moved on as quickly as possible. Reception was usually rude, which may be because they are understaffed. Getting someone to answer a phone or return a call is nearly impossible. If you need your medical records from their office, give yourself a month. No one enjoys seeing a doctor, life is busy and it can be difficult to find time to take care of yourself. There are so many better offices out there, don't waste your time here.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

If you identify as LGB or Trans* DO NOT go to this man! He is not understanding or compassionate, but more importantly he is not knowledgable. He has the potential to harm the social/emotional developmental growth of youth.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

If punctuality is important to you make your appointment the first appointment of the day. I have never met a more personable caring and supportive physician. He is a hard Doc to come by!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

I agree with the comment made in June, 08. He's never on time; but I don't complain, because he gives as much time and attention as is necessary to all. He never rushes his patients and takes the time to listen to all concerns.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

A top notch M.D Experienced,a great teacher,explains all procedures clearly and completely.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Dr. N. is never, never on time! This is why I keep going back! He gives each patient the time they need to be understood and thoroughly assessed. I have been with him since he started practicing with the Derry/ Londonderry medical centers. He can be very supportive, funny, and even blunt when needed. I highly recommend. Just remember to bring a good book!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Northcutt is our family's PCP. Again and again he has been patient, unrushed, informative, and has shown great interpersonal skills. He has been able to immediately - and as it turned out, accurately - diagnose the causes of various symptoms/ouches. Very highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

Dr. Albert C Northcutt's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

AHC