Ratings for Dr. Philip P. Chu

The problem with this practice is that the back of staff fail repeatedly to also do their jobs. I had a number of blood tests done last fall and an echocardiogram and a chest x-ray. They NEVER give you your test results UNLESS you make another appt. to come in. I still have none of the info I needed from those tests. I changed Drs. to get the help I needed for very high blood pressure. In November 2013, I requested by records be sent to my new Dr. A few weeks later I got a bill from Dr. Chu saying they would only send if I paid a processing fee. On December 2,2013, I went into the office and paid the money to forward my records. My new Dr. never got my records and I had an appt. on March 18, 2014. He immediately put me on high blood pressure meds since it was the most important option at that time. I called Dr. Chu's Office on 3/18/14 and again on 3/21/14 and again on 3/23/14 to find why they had not been mailed. A lady named Denise told me I would just have to wait.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I have terrible anxiety. Dr Chu put me at ease immediately and has continued to do so during the times I have seen him. The one thing I have had some struggle with is getting test results back quickly. This may just be an issue for me because I get anxious when I don't know what is going on. I moved from St Louis which is a huge medical city, it is often easy to find Dr's I trust. On this side of the river I was unfamiliar and after 2 different Drs Dr Chu has made me feel like I ca trust my Dr again.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Some difficulty making initial appointment, but no more than usual in medical offices today. Rather congested at the reception desk when arriving for appointment. One person answers the phone and checks-in patients. I think this could be done more efficiently. Wait time from making appointment until actual date of initial appointment was about 2 weeks..about average. Day of appointment there was a case that tied up a great deal of Dr Chu's time. He explained & apologized for the long wait before he began initial exam. Dr Chu is very thorough, listens carefully and is very kind and considerate. Tests ordered were appropriate. Referral made to other physicians that were needed. After the less than perfect appointment process and the confusing check in process,Dr Chu was well worth the wait. When moving to a new area, it is always difficult finding a new medical home. I believe Dr. Chu will be an excellent fit for my husband & I. Would recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

06/16/11-8:30a.m Staff very unprofessional on taking phone calls. The first time i called i was the third caller in line, got down to caller # 1 and got disconnected. second time i called was caller # 2, got someone and was placed on hold and left on hold. After about five min i decided to call from my cell and was in line for caller # 5. After waiting for another 8 to 10 min i received someone on my cell before my lane line and they said they didn't know i was on hold.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

good dr but staff is bad about getting him his messages.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

I love Dr. Chu. He cares for his patients, as long as he knows what is going on. I am sorry to say this, but his staff is bad about getting important medical messages to him

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr. Chu is amazingly knowledgeable, thorough, thoughtful and personable. I have recommended him to family and friends and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Chu's for several years and feel very confident in his ability. He is very professonal, friendly, knowledgable, kind, etc. I can not say enough about him. I have seen other doctors over the years and Dr. Chu is by far the best doctor I have ever had. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Chu is a very compassionae doctor, answers all your questions, and take time to listen to all things that brought you to see him in the first place. Very professional, friendly, and will keep you at ease if you are nervous or if you have the "white coat syndrome.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Philip P. Chu's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Flora, IL