Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Cattano

I'm so glad I met Dr. Cattano. I have been searching for years to find someone who is so obviously knowledgable and cares for his patients. When I called his practice (there are 11 doctors there), I asked for an appointment with the "best and nicest doctor" and was consistently given his name every time I called or asked a friend. He actually listens to you, and then teaches you what options you have. His very good reputation in the community and hospital is well-deserved. This is the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Puts on a good act in the office, friendly, listens, then when you need something, ugh! My experience with this doctor was over 11 years ago. I have a confirmed case of Crohn's disease (still true now...) He kept telling me that my issues were IBS related and put me on anti-anxiety meds. Had a small bowel obstruction and he said he would only admit me to the hospital if I'd consent to a psych evaluation, big surprise, I'm perfectly sane. Did a colonoscopy which was painful, to the extent that my husband said he could hear me yelling from the waiting room and was ready to come in. Have had many more before and since and never had a bad experience like that, before or since. Discouraged surgery when I was in pain and getting obstructed and hospitalized on a regular basis. It was the best thing I had ever done for myself at that point in time. My advice, run from this one!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

I had my first visit with Dr. Cattano this morning. It was excellent. I have a difficult to diagnose and treat GI situation for the last two years and now believe I have found the doctor who will help me resolve it. He was professional, compassionate and willing to listen. He throughly review my records, explained his philosophy and approach and encouraged me to share my view and observations. We are moving forward with a plan that I believe will lead to discovering the underlying causes of my illness and feel confident that he will develop a treatment that will produce the best outcome possible.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

I just saw Dr. Cattano today and had to share with everyone how good I feel about him. He has to be one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He's smart and has a great personality. I'm really glad my friend told me to see him--she was right on the money!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

This doctor took me as a patient after I had an operation and problems with my liver, spleen and CBD which is all gastro. After I was his patient he performed about every gastro test on me that had nothing to do with why I was in the hospital until he drained my insurance company. Then he wrote letters to another physician that I saw stating that I had nothing wrong with me except IBS and discharged me from his practice for asking him over and over to do the tests that the surgeon wanted done on an out-patient basis. He denied and discharged me for not meditating after a rectal menometry test. (The test was slightly relax)He did everything he could and if he only knew now that the words he wrote are going to come back and kick him in the mouth. He is rude, self-absorbed, arrogant and you only get 15 mins with him no matter what. I wish was at the liberty to tell him what he missed diagnosed me with and now I am going to have long-term care. HORRIBLE. RUN AWAY. HE HAS TWO PERSONALITIES!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

really personable, compassionate, and you can see he loves to teach and knows his stuff. Very likable--I actually look forward to my visits with him.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Charles J. Cattano's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1982)

Beech Street Corporation