Ratings for Dr. Caryn G. Hasselbring

I went to Dr. Hasselbring as a 2nd opinion referral when routine bloodwork indicated inflammatory disease. While the diagnosis of OA was fairly routine, she discovered possible autoimmune liver disease through additional bloodwork. Another rheumy I had seen dismissed me when he ruled out Lupus. Though her bedside manner isn't warm and fuzzy, I appreciated her thoroughness and follow up. I found her to be a very knowledgable physician, and will return without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr Hasselbring may have years of experience but I am not sure what has made this woman so ice cold. I have been with this practice for 20 some years but start with Dr. Freeman and then mid stream they did not carry by insurance any longer. I went back to them after I switch my insurance but had to see Hasslebring. Wow !! WIth RA you would think put on some exper that she would understand the frustration of the disease. She had no compassion for anything. After being placed on some experimental meds that directly cased a skin cancer and my question why I had become one of the lab rats, I was asked my her to find myself another doctor that as she said…there was nothing they could do for me. All I can say is that I hope that God allows me to live long enough to see what karma has in store for her! It will come!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Although Dr. Hasselbring may be very knowledgeable in her field, she appears to not really care, very cold. I prefer knowledge/skill over hand-holding but there has to be a middle ground. Her lab tech is great. The front office staff-best answer is inconsistent.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Hasselbring over a span of 20 years. She also treated my mother. She is well respected by my primary care physician who is director of education at Florida Hospital. She is my preferred doctor for injections in my knees.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I was a patient of Hasselbring's from the time I was diagnosed (2009) up until I moved out of state (2012). Hasselbring: she has too many patients so she'll spend all of 10 mins with you. Her PA is a little better. Neither really explains anything and I had to teach myself about RA and make sure I had all my questions up front b/c it was a 6 month wait to make an appt. Office staff: the rudest people I have ever met and that goes to the receptionists, cashier, accounting and lab techs. Her office turnaround in the short time I was there was incredible. Wait time: EVERY SINGLE APPOINTMENT I waited no less than an hour and most of the time more. That's just in the waiting room. I'd then wait another 20-45 mins in the patient room after giving my vitals to the assistant. My current rheumy and her office staff put Hasselbring to shame. Sometimes, even though you're good at what you do, if you're dealing with people you should have more consideration for them.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

I have been Dr. Hasselbring's patient for almost 15 years now. She has helped me control my RA and Fibro. She suggested a good orthopedist for my two hip replacements and when I compare her to other Rheumatologist in the area she beats them hands down. No she does not have the warmest bedside manner but she is knowledgeable and willing to work with you to find a drug combination that will work for you. I trust her completely and believe she is a very good DR. She also has a wonderful PA who helps her out.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

I was not very impressed. On my first visit she acted like I was wasting her time and actually asked, "Why are you here?" After she ran tests and confirmed that I had Sjogrens she was a little. They won't call you with test results unless something is wrong - which they left me a message: Your iron is low call your family doctor. When I asked what was on my hand she told me it was a callus from working out, when I replied, "No they would be up here farther." She then told me it was a cyst. I showed my family doctor the same lump and he immediately diagnosed it as Dupuytren Contracture and sent me to a hand specialist. When making my next appointment - very hesitantly, I was informed that I'd have to see the nurse practitioner. When I asked why, I was informed that you'll see the doctor once then you'll see the NP.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

The staff did not copy the hosp. records showing results of all my tests from other doctors, so the Dr. asked me all the questions that were already on those records. The Dr. was cold. Didn't introduce herself or shake my hand, talked to me like I'm an idiot, refused to acknowledge my positive Lupus results from hosp 3 mos. prior. Said she'd run her own bloodwork. Lab took 5 vials of blood. A week later I find out they didn't run any of the labs she stated she would. Who's fault? I cld. office mgr. 2x, after lvg 5 messsages on nurses voicemail, to be told they forgot to run the proper bloodwork, & to come back in & they'll draw my blood again. All this took 5 weeks to get straightened out. I will NEVER recommend this Dr., & I am have been in the medical field 22 years. In every aspect, they failed in taking care of my very serious condition. I am shocked.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Very knowledgeable but way too busy to take care of her patients. I think she must focus so much time on the new patient visit that she has no time for existing patients. No follow-up on phone calls to the office and you will NEVER get in on an emergency basis, lucky if you can even get to speak to her, not my kind of office.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Switched to Dr. Hasselbring from another rheumatologist. What an amazing difference. Doc Hasselbring is knowledgeable, courteous, helpful, her staff is great to work with. Facility is clean and organized and the entire operation says professional. Very happy I made the change of doctors. Recommend to anyone with RA.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Caryn G. Hasselbring's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal