Ratings for Dr. Peter McCombe

Had no problem with Dr McCombe and the after care he has provided since my surgery. He is thorough and his receptionist is very prompt in getting things organised. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Rude, arrogant, didnt listen about symptoms and pain and assumed everything without looking at scans. His receptionist is so arrogant and slow. Save your time and see someone else

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

Great service at reception. Very helpful. Excellent treatment by knowledgeable surgeon. Spent a lot of time explaining things. Very pleased with the outcome of my consultations and my subsequent surgery. I am surprised at the negative review given as Dr McCombe is probably the most senior experienced spine surgeon in Queensland. I was referred to him by his own fellow surgeons as the best.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Please do not waste your time and energy seeing this doctor that is not helpful. If I am only seeing him then I will most likely killing myself. I am so happy to be pain free after surgery by another surgeon. Shame on you.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

After a few consultation, which i am now in nowhere. I call to make an appointment again but the receptionist said i need to see another specialist as i will not be seeing Dr peter McCombe. Wow that is very helpful to send me out in this way, did not even recommend to any specialist. If i have problem after ops, i think they will hang out your call...that is NOT GOOD !!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE TO BE REFERRED TO THIS SURGEON FOLLOWING MY SEVERE CAR ACCIDENT. I STARTED OUT IN THE PUBLIC HOSPITAL UNDER HIS CARE AS THE SENIOR CONSULTANT AND THEN TRANSFERRED TO HIM AS A PRIVATE PATIENT. AS A SURGEON HE HAS RETURNED ME TO A PLACE WHERE I CAN NOW RETURN TO SOME FORM OF MEANINGFUL WORK. HE WAS SUPPORTIVE THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS OF 3 SURGERIES AND I WAS ALWAYS FULLY INFORMED AT EVERY STEP OF T HE WAY. HIS OFFICE DEALT WITH MY INSURER AT EVERY STEP OF THE WAY FOR WHICH I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. I CANNOT RECOMMEND DR MCCOMBE AND HIS PRACTICE HIGHLY ENOUGH. THANK YOU.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Have an appointment today, Dr Peter McCombe is very knowledgeable and patient with my back problem. He did explained in detail with me unlike some Spine Dr just briefly talk about it. So i have an idea what is the next step i need and what surgery i will be getting after i decide to go ahead with discogram. Reception lady is super helpful and friendly, so i can't see any negative on it. So, hope everyone will find the answer from Dr Peter McCombe.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. McCombe is an absolute professional in his field, I underwent an ALIF and through Dr. McCombe's guidance and 'straight to the point' assessments came through an operation that had caused me a few difficulties, totally out of Dr. McCombes hands. We also appreciated Dr. McCombes skilled receptionist who made the transition through hospital admittance to post op care a problem free transition on the administrative side. It is my personal opinion that Dr. McCombe and his team are the best I could have chosen. He is a caring gentlemen and if you want a surgeon that is approachable, thorough and professional, this is the gentlemen, I can't relate to any negative comments in this forum. Thank you Doctor and team for the care provided, I would like to add that I'm from interstate, and glad I come to Brisbane for the procedure, under Dr. McCombe.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr McCombe treated me with the utmost respect and listened to me when I had questions no matter what time of night evenafter he had been operatingall day and was obviously bone tired. My treatment was carried out in a highly professional manner and his instructions were precise and to the point. He may not be the worlds best conversationist but thats because he is so busy that he does not have the time for idle chatter. He came to see me everyday for three weeks and I found him quite approachable and very courteous. He does not suffer fools gladly or time wasters and maybe the people who have rubbished him should take a long hard look at themselves! I am finally pain free after a gruelling five years that I would rather forget and now have a life again all down to his expertise. Thank you Peter, from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr McCombe has been looking after my sad and sorry degenerative spine for a large part of my adult life. He has performed both cerrvical and lumbar disc replacements and lumbar fusions. I still work. I still lead an active and full life. I put it down to his care and attention, knowledge and professionalism. He is dedicated to his work and I have only ever observed him treat his patients with respect. I have always found his support staff supportive and sympathetic. I do not normally comment on these types of anonymous websites but I accidentally found this one and felt compelled to set the record straight. The man a few have described here is not the doctor I know. Jan Ellis

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015