Ratings for Dr. Barry Z Hirsch

Awesome doctor! Very caring....and great with kids. We highly recommend Dr. Hirsch!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Dr.Hirsh is an okay doctor.He is very friendly,and knows his stuff.I started seeing him as a second opinion GIdoc because,I couldn't keep my milk down even with formula.Hay its better than a feeding tube that my other doctor wanted to do!He noticed the symptoms right away without tests and he gave me reglan because,he knew the symptoms matched with acid reflux. Afther taking it for half of my life until I was 6 he said,I outgrew it and didn't need the med anymore.For a while I was doing good until I started getting heartburn 24/7,chunkyness in my throat,and a junky cough.That is when my parents brought me back and he acually did a test this time and found I had damage 2 my esophgus/throat amd stomach.He gave a choice of prilosec or surgery.Since Reglan conflicts with Lamictal(my anti epileptic drug).So chose the pill and all be hold I'm better no heartburn,chunkyness in throat,nor a junky cough.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

avoid ..look for good one, bad staff, new DR ..trial and error

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

After 4 years he still could not reach a diagnosrs and reason for the medications he had my daughter on...I took her to children's in Boston and the diagnosed her alost immediatley. Same held true for her younger sister, except, I took her to children's a lot sooner.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2007

The best years of my child's life were wasted because Dr. Hirsch failed to reach the correct diagnosis. After several procedures under Dr. Hirsch, I took my child (and the medical record) to a second pediatric gastroenterologist for a second opinion. This second physician carefully reviewed my child's medical record and uncovered a pattern that met the diagnostic criteria for a specific GI disease. It was painful to see my child suffer for so long. Don't send your child to Dr. Hirsch. He's apathetic and imperceptive.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Barry Z Hirsch's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1983)

Wellpoint