Ratings for Dr. Paige K. Johnson

Dr. Johnson is phenomenal and so knowledgable. If she doesn't know, then she finds out or refers you to a specialist. She is very thorough, and genuinely cares. You do wait a little while, but it's because she's very thorough with each patient! I've read comments where she can be demanding of her staff, and I can relate to when she delivered my first child, she came off as demanding, BUT it was because she wanted everything done correctly, and not half way or something overlooked. To the nurses and staff that were really on top of everything, she was very in tune and different- it was only those that weren't paying attention, or talking about things that weren't relevant. I'll take demanding over laid back any day if that means I'm getting thorough care.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr. Johnson has always been a wonderful physician. She has taken time out of her day to call and check on me. I appreciate doctors who still care for their patients!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

PLEASE READ ALL IN CASE OF HELP IN YOUR PREGNANCY CASE I still recommend seeing any other dr but her in the group. She murdered my baby and almost me. I was eight months pregnant constant high protein swollen to where could only wear socks on my feat severely low on iron and blood counts so low already aside said would have blood transfusions during delivery. She kept refusing to take the baby that need to wait as long as can for the baby. I tried other OBs in the area and they said with as far along as I was and health issues that just need to stay with OB I was with. Baby's have made being taken at early as 3 to four months pregnant and less than a pound or fully formed and survived. I and my husband were willing sign paper of risks in hoping to save our child. When finally decided to set date after there holiday weekend played with my baby that morning as normal in my belly then afternoon went in and could not find heart beat went to ultrasound to check on her the ultrasound lady said hold on and ran out of the room Paige Johnson came in did ultrasound announced your daughter is dead and so sorry even said I should have took her last week I just didn't know for sure! So sent me home dead baby girl Piper Shenendoah McKelvey and meet me at the hospital next morning for c section of our dead baby girl. She weighed 10 pounds and 22 inches long I think if they had taken her 3 weeks earlier she would have been fine. Went back for follow up in a week took staples out and one side gaped open she did not do it properly so had to teach my husband how to pack my insides for it to heal from insides out. Then after checking hemaglobin and hematocrit again I needed more blood so week after losing my child delivering her gone and blood transfusion during delivery something not right. So now back in hospital , While in hospital had 3 big bags of blood then met with hematologist whom ended up having to give me a lethal amount of IV iron my anemia was so bad and the OB Paige Johnson should have been on top of. After this a hospitalist did some blood work and a test called BNP just blood work mine was at 875 and normal is much much lower. My ejection fraction after echo 16% deathly low and an enlarged heart. So I then staying in hospital met a heart doctor whom diagnosed peripartom cardiomyopathy PREGNANCY INDUCED HEART FAILURE WITH ENLARGED HEART. when I was 5 months pregnant I had constant bronchial problems and Paige give me inhalers and antibiotics cough syrup never looked seriously in these things. SO PLEASE AT MID PREGNANCY ASK THEM WHEN DO BLOOD WORK THROW A BNP TEST IN JUST TO EASE YOUR MIND FOR YOU AND YOUR SAFETY. Always ask about protein being ok in your urine and any and everything for you and Childs safety. I trusted this woman with me and my child's life. She Paige Johnson ran genetic tests everything she could to try to find a cause of my child's death more so to ease her mind. She was pregnant at the time also. Paige Johnson even set me up with her Primary Doctor (Dr. Nowell) not a good doctor just doing as she was looking for reasons of why what happen instead of what need to look at for the moment and start fixing I still had 2 other children to live for. She also had the kahoona's to tell me up on a visit after losing my baby I needed to stop crying coming into the office where I see mothers holding there newborns I said to her when you have that baby hold it for the first time then you will know. Not only that every time a baby is born in that hospital they play twinkle twinkle little star hits your heart when you have lost but I understand the beauty someone just gained. Now I still have this rare heart condition and my body has also attacked itself a year after losing my daughter I had to have full hysterectomy things to much gone wrong plus could not risk having another child with heart condition would kill us both. I now since then have had 20 surgeries to correct things etc. from flare up of last pregnancy which could have been avoided on some of them. on 65 pills a day 5 injections 6 liters of oxygen and IV iron every 3 months at cancer center. I never get to leave the loss of my child in past because every new specialist new test surgery anesthesiologist nurse doctors I have to relive so they know how to start in helping me physically from start of all medically then to now. I am not trying to bash Paige Johnson I just want you to know from my experience and through Jesus Christ Son Of Our Heavenly Father I forgive her and do so every day. I pray she has learned from past mistakes.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

She is NOT up to date on endometriosis. She took out my uterus to "cure" me and left all the endo in assuming it would die, because endometriosis can't live without your uterus and ovaries." She still believes in retrograde reflux as the cause. She would not listen to me and stayed there was NO way I could still have endo and suggested a psychiatrist. I have had two laps since then with endo found. My last lap was excision by the doc at Center Of Endometriosis Care. My first excision and he found tons. This surgery worked . Thank God for leading me to him.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

While I always have to wait, the comfort I feel with Dr. Johnson is sooo worth it. After bouncing between ob's for several years, I finally went to her after my general practioner recommended her and have been more than pleased with the level of care. She and her staff have been very kind and helpful as my husband and I have been having trouble conceiving.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

After 32 hours of labour under the supervision of a different doctor, Dr. Johnson took the shift and delivered my baby safely. I didn't know her prior to that but I immediately felt comfortable with her. She explained things to me very clearly and made me feel safe about having a c-section because I was not progressing at all. I would definitely see her again and I recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I absolutely love Dr Johnson, she is always very personable and helpful. I am always taken back promptly but do wait in the exam room (only because I feel she takes her time with each and every patient). I would highly recommend her to any friend or family member!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

I am so thankful for Dr. Johnson! I had a missed miscarriage and she made time for me when she was on call (when she could have not), and it meant the world to me. She is very personable and I trust and respect her opinion. She also makes me feel very comfortable when most people dont. I've been with 3 OBs throughout this situation and I will be sticking with Dr. Johnson for future OB needs as long as she is in knoxville. I definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

That was the worst visiting doctor experience in my life. I felt rushed every single visit and my questions had never been answered properly. I visited her 3 times and had to wait at least one and half hours in the waiting room with an appointment time (two and half hours for one time). Their staffs were VERY rude. They even did not try to call my name, but used her finger to point at me. They did not know the reason why i showed up and had to find it out for half an hour after one and half hour wait. They billed my insurance company with a wrong code number. There were so many unprofessional behavior and consulting,i will never go back to that place.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I have to wait in the patient room, but I've had to wait for every doctor in the patient room. Dr. Johnson has always been very personable with me, answers all types of questions & thorough. I was referred to her after having a high risk pregnancy & my doctor went back to teaching only & left private practice.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

Dr. Paige K. Johnson's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)