Ratings for Dr. ROBERT Cykiert

Had a major issue. Been to 3 different ophthalmologists, then someone recommended Dr. Cykiert. He made a diagnosis no one else had made and treated my infection and in 3 weeks totally beter

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I can't imagine why anyone would go to this doctor. He is rude, and unorganized. His staff is also rude and unorganized. The receptionist cannot even look you in the eye while you are talking with her. The bathroom is filthy, and he makes you wait from 2-five hours before he sees you. Find another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dreadful experience. I once waited 5 hours. When I lost my insurance I as getting prescriptions from him over the phone until he refused until I was examined. When I explained I had no insurance and couldn't afford the office visit he rudely told me to go to Bellevue. He's an obnoxious man and I have since found a much more professional and sympathetic ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

staff and doctor are rude and unhelpful. every visit was over an hour wait. last visit i deliberately arrived 1/2 hour early. filled out questionnaires quickly and then waited and waited. several patients who had later appointments were seen first. when i asked the staff what was happening i was told "Dr. seen ho he wants and sets the order". was recommended by university med school dept head who i later told to never recommend this doctor again

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Cykiert for over 30 years. I have cornea issue. Dr Cykiert says as long as my contact lenses correct the problem no need for surgery. You only get one pair of eyes. I travel over an hour to see him. No complaints here.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

He wanted me to get Iris surgery that proved unecessesary by the Cornell Vision specialists.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

Cons: the wait time is ridiculous. He's never punctual. Your appointment time seems to be completely disregarded. It feels like there is no respect the patient's time. The office is old and equipment looks quite used. Pros: he seems to be a conservative doctor who doesn't push anything. This is something I appreciate in a physician.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I am sure that being #1 as he won't let one forget, Dr Cykiert would be a doctor to see for serious problems. In my case, he diagnosed and operated on cataract of one eye. For several months after the surgery, I said on the phone or in person that I felt as if I had a foreign body in the eye and was told that it was normal. I eventually went to another ophthalmologist. I still have the feeling. My overall impression is that Dr. Cykiert did not have the time to either listen or explain.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

I had been to 4 Ophthalmologists and finally someone made a diagnosis. Dr. Cykiert saved me from going blind.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Cykiert saved my eye. If I hadn't gone to him when I did, I would have been blind. I was being mistreated and misdiagnosed for a long time, and was so happy he was recommended to me. He is well know in his field and there is a reason he is in NY Magazine as best Doctor every year. There might be a wait but he never rushes me. My friend wanted to have Lasik but she wasn't a candidate so he would not do it. So many doctors out there who will operate on you for anything.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Dr. ROBERT Cykiert's Credentials

• Hebrew

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1976)