Ratings for Dr. Ronald A. Browning

I was not able to get refills on prescriptions for hypertension (quite important) even though my last appointment was within less than a year previous. I had made a voluntary appointment 3 months after my initial visit for accountability on weight loss. In the meantime, my father was dying and through the stress, I did not lose weight and canceled my appointment. So when my scripts ran out, they would not renew based on the voluntary appointment I had canceled. I called 6 times and was preached at each time about canceling appointments and when I explained the situation was told that the scripts would be called in. They were not at the pharmacy, therefore I was lied to numerous times. I was not terrible impressed with the doctor in the first place, he requires a chest x-ray every year which seems dangerous to me if you are not having heart or lung problems. After not being able to get script refills, I will not return to this office.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

His lack of knowledge of the medications he prescribeds in unreal, has no clue of the strengths of some of the drugs he writes for. If u miss 1 payment they will discharge you as a patient then what are you supposed to do. It's about time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I had previously worked for him, as well as became his patient. I had the idea that he didn't seem keen on helping those with back problems but I was desperate. My low back was out - I couldn't seem to get anyone to help - he was my last choice. First thing he spoke of was an MRI and surgery. At the time I was without med. ins. and don't believe in jumping into surgery unless absolutely neccessary. I needed alternate options until my ins. went into effect (1 month). He didn't suggest an x-ray, a cortisone shot, or even physical therapy. All I got was a prescription for pain pills and bed rest for a week. Bed rest is the old schooling on back problems. I changed doctors.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

I really can't say much about Dr. Browning because I never saw him...just his NP. They are knowledgable but they are extremely by the book when it comes to submitting paperwork to insurance. If you mention one thing during your visit that is NOT covered by your insurance, even just in passing or as part of your history, your entire visit will be denied and not paid for. When I called to see if they could refile my visit (Physical, annual exam, etc. which ARE covered by my insurance) they refused to help. So, now I'm left with a bill for these things even though they are covered by my insurance. I will not return to this office.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2008

Dr. Ronald A. Browning's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

HealthPartners