Ratings for Dr. Karla Dorsey-Johnson

Just met Dr Johnson. Reception was polite. Attending nurse was prompt and courteous, introducing herself and taking vitals and left. The wait for Dr Johnson was almost an hour. She finally came in without doing the niceties expected of a doctor toward a new patient. She went straight to the computer looking up my information. I was never addressed by name. She did asked pertinent questions re my family history. And checking my prescription she was alerted to the fact I was taking thyroid and as a consequence discovered I have a heart murmur and didn't like the sound of my heartbeat. She therefore a test. Note: I was not happy with way she came into exam room and thought I would not go back. My first impression was not of the best. However, my 21 year old granddaughter likes her. So I wii see. My reason for going to her was because going to my doctor in Chicago had become a bit much. I am 81

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I was a patient for a long time & really liked her. After I realized I had a thyroid problem for yrs under her care with an abnormal test showing I had Hashimoto's in 2006 and symptoms that I complained about for yrs with her, I had to leave to find a dr who couldn't miss something that has really affected my life. Symptoms get worse the longer you go undiagnosed, I am really unable to function. DMG needs to hire drs who understand the new "normal" ranges of thyroid issues and who know what tests to run. Her standard TSH test isn't enough, and when I showed her legitimate internet info from other dr's, she said she wouldn't look unless it was from Mayo clinic. Just like she didn't look when my test result came back at 460 when it should have been between 20-40. Took me 4 yrs to discover that mistake & she isn't going to work with me on figuring out why at age of 38, my memory, my focus, my life were all getting worse? I had those symptoms for 13 yrs+and she missed the diagnosis.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I agree with earlier comments Dr. Dorsey-Johnson is a wonderful physician, who is intelligent and compassionate. She spends time listening to your concerns, and offers helpful and practical recommendations. She truly cares about her patients and focuses on treating, and preventing, health problems. I'd highly recommend her, as she is an asset to the profession. In addition she listens and looks you directly in the eye. She treats me like a person and not a number. The only complaint I have is not about the doctor but about the staff. Actually only one receptionist in particular at the location who is very rude and has hung up one me twice and attempted to place me on hold then talk to another coworker (the coworker she was speaking to told her if she hated the job she should quit) about how much she hates her job. Aside from her everyone else there is wonderful and caring.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I really liked the Dr but couldn't trust the office staff - they made multiple mistakes with prescriptions and didn't relay messages to the nurses/Dr.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Her office wait time is very long and it's usually in an exam room where you can hear her talking in the hallway to her nurses. She's very thorough and caring when she does finally see you though.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Dorsey-Johnson for a couple years and she is very helpful and caring. I have referred several family members and friends to her and they have all been happy with their treatment.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

flag | Submitted September 6, 2008

Very knowledgeable & informative.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

I found her to be very thorough in helping me to find the cause of my ailments. She answered all my questions. I have found the receptionists to be very considerate and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

She is a good doc. but the wait time in office is verrrry long. The office staff is most unhelpful. I will not go back to this practice.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2006

Dr. Karla Dorsey-Johnson's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Pacificare