Ratings for Dr. Kearn D. Hinchman

Worst psychiatric practitioner I have ever had the unfortunate experience of seeing. I was Hinchman's patient for almost 2 years (psychs are few and far between in the area). He is arrogant, poorly educated, uninformed, and does not card for his patients in any way whatsoever. He will threaten to involuntarily commit you to a psychiatric facility at the drop of a hat. He misprescibes and misdiagnoses consistently. His office staff is rude and irresponsible. Neither he nor his staff have ever heard of patient confidentiality. Avoid this practitioner at all costs!!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Wait time is unbelievable...Better tell them at work you won't be back for 2 plus hours. Unfortunately, if you need to request any paperwork and have it signed, get your check book out!!! Front desk receptionist is nice, however, beware of the one in the back...Mary ?, going through menopause and has been for years....Not very nice!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

As a previous patient said, Hinchman arrives at a diagnosis and treats that, not you. He has put me on various meds that made me very ill and then denies that the meds could have side effects. The final insult was when I wanted to get off of a med because it was making me suicidal. It was hell even after following his titration schedule and his reaction was to ridicule me for having a well known "discontinuation" syndrome. If you believe him, there are no side effects to any psch meds. Be very skeptical about any meds. Do your own research. Find a good therapist and avoid meds if possible. The staff is a nightmare. They treat patients rudely, but you are a "mental patient" so therefore they can treat you as they wish.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Hinchman is a very nice guy and very knowledgable in his field. My problem is not with him but rather with his staff. Appointments get cancelled at last minute and rescheduled for 2 months away and if you needed a refill with your cancelled appointment then good luck in getting his "office staff" to even call you back. The lady at the window in the waiting room can be really snarky and she looks like she takes great pride in grinding the window across the sill and slamming it.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

seemed to treat me more based on the picture of the diagnosis that he gave me, not what I was telling him whever I came in. I went on a new med and became suicidal and all he did was take me off of it and tell me to come back in 6 weeks. I was so depressed I was missing work, not bathing or eating, cleaning, taking care of the cat. I was thinking about ways to die. He even asked me if I was suicidal but then didn't ask any further questions or make sure that I was safe and not actually going to hurt myself. He is lucky that I didn't. I no longer see him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr Hinchman has a very good practice from my observations. He has showed me a caring attitude and has never made me feel uncomfortable. Medication problems have been non-existent. Appointments get confirmed the day before always. Most importantly he can sense things as you tell him. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2007

Terrible staff. Dr is good but staff( His wife + others) NEVER return calls,( Dr thinks the staff does) are rude and arogant. They lie to the Dr of what really happens. My daughter complained about being charged $30.00 to rewrite a prescription that went into the washer. She was told she does not have to like it. When she called 2 weeks later to set her next appointment she was told she was terminated for being rude. We spoke to the Dr and his staff lied to him and said she quit. The dr brags that he sees 2,000 patience so I guess a few here and there donojt matter. My daughter is waiting to see another Dr and has run out of her meds. Dr Hinchman will not write a prescription for her until her new Dr takes over. I will avoid him like the plague because of terrible treatment by the staff.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2007

Dr. Kearn D. Hinchman's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1985)

Workers Comp