Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Lauermann

Dr lauermann was the best. Personable, caring , very patient and competent. He can not be replaced. Love to know if he is practing elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

where did he go? been my primary for ..... I don't even know how long! since he joined the practice in Westport, which has to be over 15 years ago. I saw one of the the other Docs this month (fine), but really would like to know if he is practicing elsewhere or has retired.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

He has left his practice. Like the other reviewers state where did he go? Called the office to reschedule since receiving the generic SouthCoast letter in the mail. As usual the Westport Family Medicine office staff is abysmal in proficiency. Will try the new doctor but not a fan at all of the SouthCoast medical groups or the horrifically disgusting Charlton Memorial Hospital!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

where is his practice, since leaving South Coast....how do I find him

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

he is gone. what happened? where did he go? south coast will not say anything.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Lauermann has been my primary care physician since we moved to the area eight years ago. He is very personable, knows me as a person, is easy to talk with, and pays close attention to my health, both physically and mentally. He's a great doctor and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

It's a shame because Dr. Lauerman seems like a capable doctor however his staff is far from competent and booking an appointment needs to happen a month ahead of time. I understand not being able to see patients immediately but waiting a month or requiring patients to go to a walk through instead was not ideal for me. I was told by a RN who was working the walk through the day I went to call immediately for a CT scan if my issue persisted and when it did it took multiple phone calls to get the follow up scheduled because the "normal girl was out." I would recommend the doctor but not the practice is the takeaway here.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Considering the patient had a stroke few days after Dr Lauermann said she was doing wonderful, I can't say I put much trust in him. Also there are many other reason why we decided is in the best interest of our mother to find a different primary doctor. I won't suggest this doctor to anyone, but elderly patients may like him because instead of having to deal with medical issue they get flatter and being allowed to do as they please, it's difficult to keep your 80 year old mother on a diet when the doctor tells her she is doing wonderful even if she eats mc Donald 5 nights a week. The woman has a history of high blood pressure, now also high sugar. In decades as a patient never had routing test,like mammograms,paps etc, the women after forty are advised to get. The insurance companies must love this doctor. Two hospitalization in 4 months are the straw the broke the camel back.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Lauermann is an excellent family practitioner. He is very patient and never rushes a visit. I trust his opinion. I once saw him after badly rolling my ankle in a volleyball game. My teammates recommended that I should see him to get a brace. I had Dr. Lauermann check out my ankle and asked him about the brace so that I don’t reinjure my ankle. He gave me great advice by saying “I will show you how to tape it but a brace would be a bad idea. You need to strengthen the ankle and the brace would be a crutch that would keep your ankle weak”. I highly recommend Dr. Lauermann.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

Dr. Lauermann is an excellent, kind, professional and compassionate physician.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

Dr. Scott D. Lauermann's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1981)