Ratings for Dr. John V. Cattie

My husband and I love Dr.Cattie. My husband had surgery on February 8, 2011. Dr.Cattie took his time and explained the procedure detail by detail to him. He's alway very personable. Unlike some MD's, Dr. Cattie takes his time with his patients. Dr. Cattie is the best surgeon in UNION COUNTY!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

DR. JOHN CATTIE DOES NOT DEMONSTRATE EMPATHY FOR HIS PATIENT & HIS "BEDSIDE MANNER" LEAVES MUCH ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. HE ONLY CARES ABOUT DOING THE SURGERY AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE "FOLLOW-UP" WITH THE PATIENT'S FEELINGS OR NEEDS BEYOND THAT. HE DOES NOT LISTEN TO THE PATIENT'S REQUESTS.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I had a different (bad) experience with Dr. Cattie. I saw him when my other surgeon was out of town. I had the worst pain in my chest and whole body that I ever had and terrible nausea. I was shaking from the pain. He didn't do anything to help me, and told me I probably had a stomach virus. Ended up that I didn't have a stomach virus, and it was my gallbladder causing all the pain. Dr. Cattie stated that the pain wasn't from my gallbladder. When my other surgeon removed my gallbladder the chest pain went away, along with the nausea. Dr. Whinna performed my surgery, and him and Dr. Cattie are in the same practice. Dr. Cattie came in the operating room during my surgery and got paid as a surgeon. But I was told by Dr. Whinna that there were no complications and that he was the only one operating. I will say that I have heard good things about Dr. Cattie being a good surgeon. My experience with him unfortuantely was very very bad.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2006

Dr. Cattie is the BEST! As a frightened, perspective surgery patient--he took the time to calm my fears. His caring manner and skill makes him an EXCELLENT SURGEON! I told him, I wanted to tell the world what a good doctor he is--but, I guess this will have to do. smile!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2005

Dr. John V. Cattie's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1974)