Ratings for Dr. Stephen Pribut

Dr. Pribut correctly diagnosed a foot strain but gave me an expensive treatment regimen that did not work for me. He said taping my foot wouldn't help and instead gave me a walking boot. While trying on the different types of boots, I mentioned that I have a serious back injury and the boots were making my back uncomfortable. He said to just pick the one that gave me the least discomfort. The boot cost nearly $200 and I mentioned to his staff that I have a high deductible insurance (meaning my insurance won't yet cover it because I haven't met my deductible). Over the first week of wearing the boot, my back pain increased significantly, to the point where I could barely walk. I stopped wearing the boot and although the back pain got better, the foot injury remained. I went to see another doctor for a second opinion and he told me I should have never been put in a boot due to my back condition. The second doctor was surprised that this was Dr. Pribut's first choice of treatment. He recommend we try taping the foot (a surprise to me, considering Dr. Pribut said that wasn't an option). I am still in treatment with the second doctor but after paying my expensive bill with Dr. Pribut for a boot I can't use, I won't be going to see him again. I will note that both Dr. Pribut and his staff are incredibly friendly, so bedside manner was never an issue.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

I went in for a badly ingrown toenail, and he numbed it up in the most painless way possible. He did everything he could to minimize pain, which is pretty much all you can ask for with that procedure. Also very friendly and personable.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Very helpful, unhurried, and always accurate in treatment that was prescribed. When he presses to detect pain, he goes lightly so as not to injure, he achieves this, but if it's tender, say so, because he thinks that if you say nothing then there is no pain. Other than that he's a very clear communicater. Great, knowledgeable, helpful office staff.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I found the doctor to be knowledgeable and empathetic. Office staff was very helpful, too.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

Agree ... doctor decided what my problem was w/out looking at x-rays/tests ... went to a new doctor who was more concerned and suggested different alternative treatments. I feel as though I wasted a bunch of time. And when I go into a doctor's office I want to talk about my medical issue, not my job. Inappropriate.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2007

Dr. Stephen Pribut's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Harvard-Pilgrim