Ratings for Dr. Alan D. Christianson

This doctor prescribed me a daily dose of 0.5mg of Xanax for five years to treat anxiety disorder. He never warned me about the addictive nature of this medication, even if taken as prescribed (which I have...religiously). In 2007, I made an appointment with his after reading about the dangers and addictive qualities of this medication online. Not only did he totally downplay the severity of the potential withdrawal symptoms, he insisted that I continue taking the medication and refused to offer any alternative (such as a weaning regiment). It was a downward spiral from that point, which came to a head with him essentially accusing me of being a "drug seeker". I am currently experiencing withdrawal from stopping this medication cold-turkey, due to my desire to not have anything to do with this doctor. My advice to ANYONE is to not use him. He is nothing but a legal dope pusher (i.e. pills cure everything), and a puppet of the drug companies. AVOID!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Dr. Alan D. Christianson's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Commercial Insurance Company