Ratings for Dr. Vincent DeCosmo

Takes his time listening to his patients.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

I have been an auto mechanic all my life. I'm 54 and have had back pain since i was 25. I went to this guy for help, told him that I didn't have insurance. He promptly told me "you can't afford the tests I would need to tell me what is wrong with your back". Then he just kept insisting that I take Tylonal for the pain, even after I told him repeatedly I did not wish to start taking ANY pain meds. He kept asking irrelevent questions like "why haven't you seen a doctor before this" and "since your not working, what do you do all day"? He is a great example as to why I don't go to doctors. Even though he said I couldn't afford his tests, he still wanted to sent me for blood work to insure that I don't have Lupus, whatever Lupus is. I paid this quack his fee and walked out without the tests. Oh and by the way, after six months I'm still in pain and all the Tylonal did was make my stomach sick on top of the back pain. This guy blew me off from the minute I said that I didn't have insurance.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

the workers behind the counter are beyond rude and unfriendly. may i suggest if you are burned out then move to working in a pizza hut cause your empathy is completely lacking and manners are non existing i cringe when i have to call and make a appointment or when i have to check in when i show up for my appointment or god forbid when i have to give my insurance card they are RUDE! they dont acknowledge you no eye contact look down the whole time and the first words out of their mouths are INSURANCE CARD! no friendly hello no smile no meeting of the eyes just a bodiless hand trusted in your face and a voice demanding a insurance card all the while i have the insurance card in my hand trying to hand it to them so they wont do the yelling for one and they dont even see it cause they never LOOK UP FROM THEIR PAPER WORK if you are so over whelmed with paper work you cant do your job correctly ( which part has to be greeting patients) may i suggest the pizza hut again ..i like the drs!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Dr. Vincent DeCosmo's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1981)

Guardian