Ratings for Dr. Ralph T. Potkin

This is the most unprofessional office I've ever been to. Like someone else said, they answer phone calls while in the same room with you!I drove an hour, waited for 45 minutes in the waiting room, and was seen for 10 minutes. When I called to ask a quick question about my medication, I had to call back TWICE to REMIND someone to call me back. This has happened more that once. The receptionist even told me when I went in to get some testing done, "You may want to call in a week or so to get your results back, because... we're not so good at calling." HA! Dr. Potkin prescribed me medication (didn't even ask me if I had and problems/concerns with my treatment) and then attempted to leave 3 times during my visit. He was on his computer the ENTIRE time, barely even looked at me. He has put me on some potent sh*it, but doesn't inform me about any of the medications, their side effects or interactions. God he's terrible. Currently looking for a new Dr.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

My FIRST visit I had his full attention and he was somewhat knowledgeable. He suggested one medicine. I suggested a different one... which he then agreed to prescribe. Turns out I was right about the medicine....my health returned after taking the meds (good thing I did my research!). On my SECOND visit, he was completed distracted. He keep running out of the room. He took phone calls during our visit too. I went to the pharmacy and he didn't give them the complete prescription. Total disaster.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

excellent doctor even better person. this guy is second to none in his profession, if everyone was like him it would be no bother going to see your doctor. people with negative things to say aren't looking at the big picture and he does seem a little scatty at times , it's because he is so busy and he's trying to get to everyone all at once. never had a problem with him and am not looking forward to him retiring ever. keep up the good work doc.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Among the smartest, ant the single most caring doctors I ever met. I am a mathematician/statistician from Stanford University and I have met and worked with many doctors. I was referred to him by another doctor who sent his own daughter to Dr. Potkin, and for my mother when she had heart failure and blood cancer. She saw literally tens of other doctors, and Dr. Potkin was by far the best. He was available 24/7, and extremely smart and on top of what he does. After my mother died, he became my own doctor.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I find him to be a smart doctor. However, with that said, I have become very unhappy with his office staff and how Dr. Potkin simply seems just out of touch unless he is on his comupter. I would appreciate it if he would listen to his patients and be up to date on their condition before he spends time with his patients.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

I love this doctor. He is very open & has no ego. Yes, his office is chaos, but that's because he is SO busy & is on staff at Cedars. I wouldn't be here without him. So grateful. I have 4 friends that also see him & love him as well.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

He has the worst case of ADD I've ever seen. And the rudest receptionist ever!!! I've gone to him for almost six months and never got treated, because he so scattered. Dr. Potkin, pull it together and stop being such a douche.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Dr. Potkin is a very nice guy, but not a great doctor. His office is pure chaos!!! He keeps running from exam room to exam room, then takes calls during visit and never gives you his complete attention. Lets say many thing fall through the cracks...

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

I did not have a good experience with this doctor. My case was not a 'textbook' situation and this seemed to cause a lot of difficulty for Dr. Potkin. The bedside manner was awful and the medical treatment was substandard. I hope that others with more typical illnesses will have better experiences.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. Ralph T. Potkin's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1975)