Ratings for Dr. Beatrice Wang

I called Dr Wang's office to schedule an appointment. I was told I had to FAX(!!!) my family doctor's referral before they would entertain my request. I'm old enough to remember many outdated items of the 20th century, but like 99% of the population, I no longer have a tape recorder, a Palm Pilot, or... a fax machine. The clerk told me to go to a pharmacy to fax my referral . I scanned the precious referral and sent it to a friend 's office where they still have a fax buried in the back gathering dust, and he immediately faxed it to Dr Wang's office. I waited about 20 Minutes and called again, saying I had faxed my referral as directed, now could I please make an appointment with Dr Wang? The clerk answered that she wasn't the one who received the fax, it was "the girl in the back" so no appointment, no estimate as to when I would be granted the immense privilege of getting an appointment with Dr Wang. I have seen Dr Wang before and know she is reputed to be among the best dermatologists in Montreal, she also treated my husband' melanoma, but treating patients like this is truly unacceptable! I fully agree with the other comments from September 11th.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Wang for many years. As a matter of fact I was working for Dr. Anna Doelinger who used to be my dermatologist, and who also worked very closely with Dr. Wang. As a matter of fact Dr. Doelinger retired and I was transfered to Dr. Wang. I have been her patient possibly as long as she has been a dermatologist. Basically I call to make an appointment for myself and son. I get a call back that apparently I now I have to get a referral to see her from my Dr. That's a funny thing to say from my Dr. which Dr. as I do not have a family Dr. in Montreal as of yet. The answer these 2 famous agents at the reception have a very quick and harsh answer. No explanation from the first one. Only that the law changed this past January. How lucky am I. I ask to speak to someone else as I find I'm getting aggravated for no reason so she actually transfers me to some other agent who of course will tell me the same thing. But I was hoping that I can get to make the appointment as it's urgent for my Celiac Disease, and I would get a medical reference at a walk in clinic to send me to see Dr. Wang. The issue I have is the following...where is the customer service we used to get that the client is always right even when they are wrong. Your staff in the front need to be more empathetic to your patients. Fortunately for Dr. Wang and Dr. Carey they have a full office but if I can find an office where I am treated equally as the receptionist at the front that makes the patient feel welcomed. However dealing with the receptionists you have I must say some of your patients would go elsewhere, unfortunately we are at the pity of your hands. Honestly this was truly unacceptable as we also have our own lives which are complicated and to arrange an appointment for the two of us without the child missing much of school makes this really difficult. All I had asked was to make the appointment and I would get the referral tomorrow. Unfortunately I was not even allowed to get that done. Dr. Wang this is not a reflection of your work or your bed side manners. It's mostly really not comfortable that the receptionists act as we are at their feet. They should be at our feet. Customer service has gone down the drain and honestly I wish we could go back when humans were kind to each other. It was one request, which I honestly do not think would make a difference to get the referral tomorrow or even later this evening. But I was refused. Dr. Wang I rate you as a 5 star plus...but because of your front staff and their atttitudes has caused this bad evaluation for you instead of what I know about you and appreciate your knowledge especially about the celiac disease I don't want to change dermatologists. Dr. Wang actually takes this very seriously and makes sure that I get blood work done and get seen m=by a gastro every year. Thank you for all of that I sure hope to be able to continue seeing you unless I find another dermatologist that would take me right away since my face has errupted in red spots every where and super itchy. Logging off and not happy about the star rating I will add.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Had a great experience, saw two dermatologists before her who misdiagnosed my problem. She treated me quickly and efficiently and I am very satisfied with her services. Highly recommend Dr Wang.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I consult Dr Wang for an ongoing acne problem and my only complaint is that Dr Wang never took pictures of my face to document wether there was progress or not. She would only ask me. I heard that she takes pictures for patients that are receiving anti-aging treatments. She ended up prescribing accutane which very efficient, so I'm satisfied about that. The staff is not always welcoming and smiling. The waiting time is often long, but I understand that it is because they often have emergency interventions that are cancer related.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

La première fois que je l'ai vue, elle a trouvé rapidement la cause d'un problème de peau et m'a donné la bonne médication pour y remédier. La deuxième fois, j'y suis allée pour une verrue plantaire qu'elle ne traite plus et pour qu'elle vérifie des grains de beauté . Elle s'est contentée d'en vérifier deux que je lui ai montrés et n'a pas cherché à vérifier sur le reste de mon corps. Elle n'a pas non plus fait de suivi sur la consultation précédente. Elle est peut-être compétente médicalement mais elle est très expéditive, je ne suis pas restée plus de deux minutes chaque fois dans son bureau après avoir attendu environ une demi-heure. Après avoir perdu mon dermatologue parti à la retraite il y a environ dix ans, je cherche désespérément quelqu'un d'aussi compétent, à l'écoute et qui ne donne pas l'impression que notre cas n'est pas intéressant s'il ne peut pas faire payer en plus d'avoir pris la carte d'assurance maladie.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

No nonsense and to the point , she diagnosed my problem and treated it. In and out

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Dr Wang is literally the best doctor in Canada. They may be late but they are educated. Their waiting list isn't a year long. You get quality not quantity here. I just found out they do Botox and Fillers and they are very reasonably priced compared to other fancy clinics. I'd rather get work done by someone who has done thousands of surgeries on the skin. Great results, they fit you in when they can. Dr. Wang is the nicest doctor I've met in Dermatology to date. Don't know where all these comments are coming from. Been a patient for 3 years now, by the way. Will always go back.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

We originally met Dr.Wang @ the old RVH Melanoma Clinic and were pleased to see her at the Cedars Cancer (Melanoma) clinic @ the new RVH today. She treated my 89 year old dad with the utmost respect and never made him feel as if he was wasting her time. She was kind and quite thorough, and asked dad if he was having any pain. It was obvious she reviewed his file before entering the room as she asked him specific questions from a previous appointment which another Dr facilitated. She proceeded to check his skin and reviewed new moles which were not dangerous. She recommended a blood work up to monitor certain levels due to some concerns from a previous PET scan revealing nodules on dad's thyroid. She was delightful and dignified. I believe she is the Director of the Melanoma Clinic @ the RVH> She also has a private clinic and teaches @ McGill. She apologized for the delay as she was replacing another Doctor. Very respectful! I think she is a brilliant Doctor with a dignified approach. Thank you Dr.Wang for your time & genuinely caring for ALL your patients regardless of their age. I know dad is in good hands. God Bless you and your entire team for your dedication.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I had a skin problem while I was in Florida.I have seen 3 other dermatologists and could not remedy my pain.Met Dr Wang in April 2017 she gave me a prescription and my pain greatly decreases

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Very good doctor! She makes no mistakes! She might look cold, but she is professional and that's what counts.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017