Ratings for Dr. Beatrice Wang

Dr. Wang is an excellent doctor who shows much compassion to her patients. She is very thorough and very assessable. Her office is on top at all times.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

I had an appt with Dr. Wang for thr first time in October. She was great and will most definitely go back. As for the receptionists at the front desk I must say not very friendly. Particularly one (red headed) makes you feel uncomfortable and talks down to you. She did it with me and all the other patients I saw walking in.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Wang for approximately two years and have only had positive experiences with Dr. Wang as well as her staff. The receptionists are always friendly, helpful and cheerful.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I have been reading the past couple of submissions and I am in complete and utter shock with reference to the comments about the front desk receptionists. I am seen by Dr. Wang several times a year and her two receptionists are helpful, competent , polite, and accommodating. I see how they converse with patients on the phone, and are calm, respectful and answer all questions politely. I have referred many friends and acquaintances to Dr Wang, and they have only had positive things to say about her receptionists. Several years ago some of these comments would have had merit, as I also experienced a rude and unprofessional receptionist and did mention this to Dr. Wang, within a few weeks the woman was replaced. Dr. Wang is a professional who is well respected in the field of dermatology and she would not have incompetent, rude, or patronizing individuals in her employment.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Oh my. I thought I was the only who had a bad experience with staff and appointment. I tried to fax; it didn't work. I tried to e-maî, apprently they never got it. I sent the e-mail twice expecting an autimatic reply, but NOTHING. It's a shame the service is like this with Dr. Wang's good reputation. I hope they will improve their service.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Totally agree with the reviews submitted Sept. 11 and Sept.14. No only are the receptionists not helpful, they are rude, patronizing and make you feel like they are doing you a big favor in doing their job. Perhaps the concept of customer service is lost. Dr. Wang is great, it is unfortunate that her employees reflect her practice in such an unprofessional way.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I called Dr Wang's office to schedule an appointment. I was told I had to FAX(!!!) my family doctor's referral before they would entertain my request. I'm old enough to remember many outdated items of the 20th century, but like 99% of the population, I no longer have a tape recorder, a Palm Pilot, or... a fax machine. The clerk told me to go to a pharmacy to fax my referral . I scanned the precious referral and sent it to a friend 's office where they still have a fax buried in the back gathering dust, and he immediately faxed it to Dr Wang's office. I waited about 20 Minutes and called again, saying I had faxed my referral as directed, now could I please make an appointment with Dr Wang? The clerk answered that she wasn't the one who received the fax, it was "the girl in the back" so no appointment, no estimate as to when I would be granted the immense privilege of getting an appointment with Dr Wang. I have seen Dr Wang before and know she is reputed to be among the best dermatologists in Montreal, she also treated my husband' melanoma, but treating patients like this is truly unacceptable! I fully agree with the other comments from September 11th.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Wang for many years. As a matter of fact I was working for Dr. Anna Doelinger who used to be my dermatologist, and who also worked very closely with Dr. Wang. As a matter of fact Dr. Doelinger retired and I was transfered to Dr. Wang. I have been her patient possibly as long as she has been a dermatologist. Basically I call to make an appointment for myself and son. I get a call back that apparently I now I have to get a referral to see her from my Dr. That's a funny thing to say from my Dr. which Dr. as I do not have a family Dr. in Montreal as of yet. The answer these 2 famous agents at the reception have a very quick and harsh answer. No explanation from the first one. Only that the law changed this past January. How lucky am I. I ask to speak to someone else as I find I'm getting aggravated for no reason so she actually transfers me to some other agent who of course will tell me the same thing. But I was hoping that I can get to make the appointment as it's urgent for my Celiac Disease, and I would get a medical reference at a walk in clinic to send me to see Dr. Wang. The issue I have is the following...where is the customer service we used to get that the client is always right even when they are wrong. Your staff in the front need to be more empathetic to your patients. Fortunately for Dr. Wang and Dr. Carey they have a full office but if I can find an office where I am treated equally as the receptionist at the front that makes the patient feel welcomed. However dealing with the receptionists you have I must say some of your patients would go elsewhere, unfortunately we are at the pity of your hands. Honestly this was truly unacceptable as we also have our own lives which are complicated and to arrange an appointment for the two of us without the child missing much of school makes this really difficult. All I had asked was to make the appointment and I would get the referral tomorrow. Unfortunately I was not even allowed to get that done. Dr. Wang this is not a reflection of your work or your bed side manners. It's mostly really not comfortable that the receptionists act as we are at their feet. They should be at our feet. Customer service has gone down the drain and honestly I wish we could go back when humans were kind to each other. It was one request, which I honestly do not think would make a difference to get the referral tomorrow or even later this evening. But I was refused. Dr. Wang I rate you as a 5 star plus...but because of your front staff and their atttitudes has caused this bad evaluation for you instead of what I know about you and appreciate your knowledge especially about the celiac disease I don't want to change dermatologists. Dr. Wang actually takes this very seriously and makes sure that I get blood work done and get seen m=by a gastro every year. Thank you for all of that I sure hope to be able to continue seeing you unless I find another dermatologist that would take me right away since my face has errupted in red spots every where and super itchy. Logging off and not happy about the star rating I will add.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Had a great experience, saw two dermatologists before her who misdiagnosed my problem. She treated me quickly and efficiently and I am very satisfied with her services. Highly recommend Dr Wang.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I consult Dr Wang for an ongoing acne problem and my only complaint is that Dr Wang never took pictures of my face to document wether there was progress or not. She would only ask me. I heard that she takes pictures for patients that are receiving anti-aging treatments. She ended up prescribing accutane which very efficient, so I'm satisfied about that. The staff is not always welcoming and smiling. The waiting time is often long, but I understand that it is because they often have emergency interventions that are cancer related.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017