Ratings for Dr. Karin Down

Rude rude rude receptionist. Losing 4 patients due to such rude receptionist.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr. Down has consistently shown to be a helpful and knowledgeable family doctor. She takes her time with you as a patient. If you are worried about waiting rooms and sometimes her office taking in more patience and having to wait, this is not the practice for you. But, if you want a family doctor who will take the time to get to know you as a whole person, then you will not be disappointed with this doctor. Her wholistic approach to your well being is her prime concern. She is not treating your throat or your knee or your elbow. She will treat you as a complete being and with your total health in mind!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Drs. Down run a busy family practice. They have a caring and attentive to patient's needs attitude. I have always found their practice to be thorough and highly professional.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I had been a patient with the Down's For six years - Front desk staff have changed many times, this last one lasting three years is very rude, mean, abusive and yet, Dr. Hugh Down does nothing to stop her from her abusiveness. Dr. Down has let me DOWN many many times, I had two children through his clinic, the first one he didn't come to the hospital to deliver, though he says he will leave his office for maternity patients - he decided to stay till 5pm when I needed him - I delivered my child with nurses! He believes in drugs for overactive children-which I do not agree with. The bills are shoved in your face by an abusive receptionist, which DR. Hugh Down will defend for "the costs of office expenses are high" and "other patients pay their bills when ever they are provided". CLEARLY DOCTOR HUGH DOWN IS ALL ABOUT MONEY AND NOT ABOUT FAMILY CARE. Be expected to WAIT. and wait and wait, then be treated be disrespected after years of "care".

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Again, waiting is expected at a mat. office. I found both Downs seemed very knowledgeable during visits and answered pregnancy questions thoroughly, however when it came to delivery time Dr. Down was very rough (did something during delivery which resulted in extreme pain), and had an unexpected intern do the checks and stitching. This has led to consequences which lasted several months. I feel that I didn't get an accurate account of what was done to me at follow up and I feel that the delivery could've been much smoother with a different Dr. I do not feel like I can trust these doctors with my children's health or my own. I will not be having any more babies delivered by the Downs.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

I am a patient of Dr Down ( Hugh)and I've always found him to be very helpful, knowledgable and pleasant. He runs late because it is a maternity practice and he takes his time to explain the issues at hand. The receptionist at the new location has been wonderful in getting me in with my kids at a moments notice and I have never had a negative experience. I truly feel that as patients we don't understand the business, and therefore have a one-sided, often demanding viewpoint and are too ready to complain. Perhaps people really are doing there best!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Previous patient of Dr. Chu - Dr. Down's receptionist so rude and unprofessional - she couldn't find my name in the computer so basically said doctors not taking new patients - buzz off - girlfriend called and got some action but it was a struggle. Was recommended by previous doctor but because of receptionist poor attitude/service will be selecting another GP. Thanks but no thanks!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

I spent over 1 hour waiting for her. Horrible service.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

They are also a maternity practice, so being late is expected. It doesn't bother me, because they have taken extra time with me when I've needed it, so I just know they are ding the same with others. Small price to pay IMO!!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2009

Totally hopeless. You'll spend at least an hour in the waiting room because she's never ready to see you at your appointment time. Once you get in, she'll decide in five minutes what's wrong with you, and you will never convince her otherwise. She once spent forty minutes trying to get me to say I was hearing voices, and when she made me cry, she decided that meant I was depressed. And on the basis of this diagnosis, decided that my sister, who she hadn't seen for at least six months, was also depressed.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2007