Ratings for Dr. Marilyn M. Hart

Geez I thought I was the only she talked to this way. I have heard the same stuff, loss some weight, or when i'm looking to receive preventive care, she's too bust degrading me, "your not 25 anymore, and today it was , that crack you heard just means your not 16 anymore. Unreal. Reading the comments here concerns me about my health, and should I be advising someone else. I was told today, you have so many holes in your story. I told her I was disgnosed with vestibular hypofunction, and she had to smirk on her face. I got the weird feeling I was sitting here making stuff up, or that the professional at St Josephs maybe didn't know what she was doing when she diagnosed me.. This whole thing about your not 25 anymore. Yea I get it. I'm a very active 55 year old, and not ready for the grave. Their answer to everything is, your getting old, and drugs. How about a different direction. Getting old should be so bad. She makes me feel like i'm worthless. I'm so angry and discusted with how I have been talked to, and made to feel like my life, health means nothing. I want another 20 years out of this body, I'm not trying to lay down and die. I'm sorry Dr Hart, this has been an annoyance to you. I have had a tuff year. Doctor Hart couldn't remember that we addressed an issue last year, that I waited an entire year to address today. I have maintained all year. dang l, I feel like my compliants did not matter. Dr Hart really needs to re-access her employment. She is out of touch, and definitely needs to work on people skills.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Hart's for about four years. In that time, I saw her maybe a dozen times, mostly for issues dealing with a serious strain of flu, pneumonia (I'm very susceptible; get it almost yearly) or in a much more serious visit, the possibility of me having gotten a serious viral condition. Every time, however, Dr. Hart focused on my weight primarily and made rude comments about my "bachelor lifestyle" getting me in trouble, rather than focusing on my concerns. The last straw was earlier this year when I made an appointment for her to check on a painful rash that had manifested. She came into the exam room, half-listened to my concerns, made a crack about my weight (never mind that I'd lost seven pounds since having seen her last) and took one look and told me I needed tests. Okay, so we did the tests and I even agreed to take this medication Hart prescribed "just in case". Then I get a call from her office a week later telling me that she needed to talk with me, but they can't do it today. So I had to wait 24 hours (the whole time being scared as to what was found) and when I finally see her, she spends FIVE MINUTES telling me that she was right (gleefully, no less!) about the tests the whole time, tosses me a pamphlet and tells me to read it and that she'd give me a prescription for the medication "because knowing you, you're not going to change" and then as she's walking out the door, tosses over her shoulder, "and lose some weight before you get diabetes!" Absolutely terrible. It's no wonder she lost two of her nurses (one of whom told me that last day, "you deserve better than her" and begged me to find a new physician ASAP).

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Wow - I thought I was the only one with these complaints! I am a nurse so I am pretty knowledgeable but Dr. Hart's attitude was terrible - she needs a refresher course in bedside manner. She is brusque, and very critical (also mentioned the 3 pounds I gained as if I am now morbidly obese instead of still within my ideal weight but 3 pounds heavier). She really doesn't listen to you when you tell her what's going on or why you are there. She also mentioned that I should "expect this to happen to someone of your age". Now, I am not 25 but I am also not 65 and I have been very active my whole life so I am in pretty decent shape and didn't expect to be treated like someone ready to enter a nursing home! I am not sure if I will be returning to see her or not.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Awful, just awful. Sorry but, Dr. Hart should relinquish her license. Never seen a more uncaring, inconsiderate, arrogant doctor in my life and I've been seeing her for 7 years. No more, there are so many better doctors out there, I should've never wasted my time with her. I always leave there uneasy, and way more stressed.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

If you want an honest, caring doctor that isn't going to skate around your medical issues, look no further. Dr. Hart is someone who is going to give it to you straight and I appreciate that kind of care. WE LOVE DR HART!!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR ME AND MY FAMILY!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Hart has been our family physician for many years. We LOVE her. She will tell it like it is because she cares about her patients. She doesn't have the time to coddle all you complainers. I doubt you will find a Dr. who has more than 15 or 20 minutes per appointment. We will continue to see her for as long as she's in practice.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

After being a patient of Dr. Hart for 20 years my wife and I are calling it quits. Like the 90 percent of the reviews I have read in reference to her I have found her curt negative abrasive comments to be too offensive to continue obtaining service with her. It’s not that everyone else is wrong and she is right. You need to improve your people skills Dr. Hart. Everyone can’t pay in full for treatment received at the time of treatment. My wife and I have a combined income of $47,000.00 a year so we make payments. Although we have been faithful to make our payments after 20 years that is not good enough for Dr. Hart. She is “not a bank”. Thanks for the civics lesson. I was wondering why I didn't see the work “Bank” on the building when I drove up. She said I owed $300.00 and that she would not provide further service unless it was life threatening until I paid my bill. Wow, really? After making payments and paying every penny I owed for 20 years.Doing my best isn't good enough.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Agree with all prior comments. Staff not friendly at all & not helpful. Long wait time - I was there 1 1/2 hours for a 15 min appointment. Dr. Hart does not listen & is very abrasive. Called me fat. Would not help with issues. Said I had to do the research for her to recommend a nutrition class for me. I am glad I have this chance to vent. You do not feel like a human being coming out of there. I will have to look for a more people friendly office.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

I was told i needed a cat scan/mri of my head and that they would schedule me for it and get it approved. one week later I still had no return call regarding it. I called the next monday after, and got told by the referal lady who was suppose to be working on it said she had 2 in front of me then me. another week later i still had no return call. over 3 weeks later and I have yet to have the scan. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

I was a patient with Dr. Hart for several years before I ever even met her. When I finally did she was very cold and rude. It seems to me that her and her PA are not really concerned with what ails you but with getting you in and out and finding out who else they can pawn you off on. Every time no matter how big or small my issue I get referred. I always have a long wait to go back and see her as well. Today was the last straw I was told I have a lot of issues and my appointment was only 15 minutes so choose what matters most. Well she's the Doctor how I am to know if the one I choose is actually the most serious. What if one thing is a sprain and the other is cancer but since the sprain obviously hurts me more now I pick that. But I have to make another appointment??? She also got on to me about my weight gain. I assure you that while i have gained i am still within my ideal weight. How insulting. I am getting myself a new PCP.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr. Marilyn M. Hart's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1978)