Ratings for Dr. Howard M. Mintz

Zero bedside manner. Didn’t want to be bothered by my questions. Although I felt confident by his diagnosis, his mannerisms and disconnect with my concerns were enough for me to never return to his office.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

Dr Mintz is knowledgeable. If you are looking for warm and friendly, you won't find it here.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Dr. Mintz has been my doctor for over 15 years. Anybidy you stay with that long must be good at what he does. Very informative, thorough, caring. Does not run a bunch of tests just to cover himself. Has kept my asthma and other allergy /breathing / sinus issues in check. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Very smart , efficient with time. Figured out the problem that other doctors missed.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Absolutely horrible patient Dr communication. All he did was sit at a computer and ask yes or no questions never went over test results never was able to show and then when you question him, it displays a bad attitude

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Mintz is a great doctor if you are looking to be put on more medications than you have ever dreamed of. After being treated by Dr Mintz for over a year with no relief, he referred me to an ENT. When I picked up my records I asked that all remaining appointments be cancelled. About a year later I receive a bill for a missed appointment. When I called to clear up the misunderstanding with his office I encountered the rudest receptionist ever. She informed me that they would turn me over to collections if I do not pay. When I went to see an allergist he asked why I was on so many medications. When I replied that my pulmonologist had prescribed them to me he immediately guessed that it was Dr Mintz. This has been the worst medical experience of my life. Please beware of this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I find Dr Mintz to be plain spoken and to the point. I like that. I had seen another pulmonologist for 5 years with no help. Dr Mintz showed me my CT images and explained Interstitial Lung Disease to my husband and I. I liked him a lot!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Thorough, polite, friendly, professional - the definition of what a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Mintz has many years of experience and it shows. He is extremely knowledgeable and often figures out the problem that other doctors can't. If you are sick and really need someone to help you with a complex problem I highly suggest you go see Dr. Mintz. He helped me and I am very grateful. He is very dedicated and cares.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

I've been Dr. Mintz's patient since I was diagnosed with COPD/emphysema in 2008. I've seen him at least every 6 months since then and he has always been thorough, highly knowledgable and courteous to me. The only time it was any different was shortly after my diagnosis. I was taking all the meds but not doing much else about my illness and I went in for my checkup and my numbers were down, way down. It scared me and I got rather indignant, telling him that I was taking everything he was giving me and my numbers were still crashing, what the heck??? And I'll never forget; he looked at me and I could see the denial I was living in reflected in the incredulity of his look, and he said, "It's your weight, sir!" And he was right. I weighed around 315 at the time. I left his office and made a commitment to lose weight and get fit. Within a year my numbers were up and they're still up to today. I still go to the gym regularly and have an active life. Thanks to Dr. Mintz.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Dr. Howard M. Mintz's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Health Net