Ratings for Dr. Paul M. Brisson

Dr. Brisson is highly recommended and in America's top doc's almost every year. He is an amazing, compassionate surgeon. I had spinal stinosis as a young boy - another surgeon operated on me. Although my results were good -- 30 years later, I may have to get another one. Dr. B. has said that I am a miracle case and is not recommending another surgery unless abseloutely possible. I waited about 45 mins. in his office -- he spent 1 hour talking to me in his office. I was happy to wait being that he always takes so much time with people (this was my second visit to him in 9 years for a consultation). I know his peers recommend him, he would be my only consideration with his adept knowledge and compassion. M.V.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

He spends 2 mins with you and leaves the room than he has two assistants one that doesn't know anything

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Dr. Brisson spent less than 5 minutes with me and I waited for over an hour. All he talked about was surgery. I was considering surgery but not with him and not at New York Downtown Hospital. Never heard of that hospital before.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

i had the pleasure of meeting dr brisson through an unfortunate experience of my own i was visiting in neew york and woke up with severe pain in my left arm..a friend recommended i call dr brisson. i did this and without his ever meeting me his office staff was so accomadating and i had an appointment within hours and they had my mri's faxed to their office over night...after looking at the mri's he determined that it was 2 bulging discs in my neck to be the root fo my problem and i was so amazed that his suggestion was not to do surgery immediately but to wait a few months and we would go from there..i found this very admirable a most doctors would have been quick to operate..unfortunately my husband became ill and i could not continue my treatment with him at this time ..but the first chance i get i will be returning to new york to plan my treatment..i cannot thank this man enough for being the honest caring man he is thank you and god bless you..marie benedetto

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

Dr Paul Brisson was the last person to offer surgery immediately. I was advised to have alternative treatments.When conventional treatment failed I had lumbar spine fusion surgery with Dr Brisson. The surgery was such a success that the severe lumbar pain I experienced for over ten years was gone. It has been eight years since my surgery and my quality of life is great due to the great surgeon Dr Paul Brisson is.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

The visit was confusing with discussions only about major spine surgery involving bone and metal implants.No discussion of alternatives surgeries or treatments. I was frankly scared. I felt all he wanted to do was cut me open. He had no compassion and I really didn't understand what he was saying.His assistant stayed while he left the room and tried to convince me to have surgery. I felt like I was being manipulated by both of them. I just got out of there and ended up at another medical office.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2007

Dr. Paul M. Brisson's Credentials

• Univ De Montreal, Fac De Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1987)