Ratings for Dr. Subir Prasad

I visited him for an illness that has not yet been diagnosed but I suffer a lot of neurmeological disturbances. He did have me have an MRI and reported several areas of my spine showing problems and recommended I see a neurosurgeon. I did see a very popular neurosurgeon that maybe spent 5 minutes with me and prescribed a TENS unit without even discussing anything with me. My last visit with Dr. Prasad and I do mean LAST, I expressed my concerns with him that my symptoms are worsening and I have developed some new symptoms with one of them being memory loss and doing things I don't recall doing. I was describing some of my most bothersome symptoms when He sarcastically stated I didn't seem to have any memory problems. I told him of some of the memory problem issues I was experiencing and he gave me 3 words to remember and said he would have me repeat them later. He did a few routine neuro exams and recommended I should see a Rheumatologist. He recommended someone from his same medical group. I questioned if he thought she was the best in her field, he acted as though he didn't understand my question. I asked about her experience and received another sarcastic reply. He then told me they could set my appointment with her on my way out. After I left I recalled he never asked me to repeat the words I was supposed to remember. Maybe he has memory problems too!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

late to appointment and lied about having a special MRI that will 100% show MS or not. No such MRI exist. My wife suffered another 6 months until we found a legit doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Very efficient, on-time; did not waste my money on a lot of unecessary tests; I overheard in the waiting room he was also seeing another doctor's daughter as a patient - always a good sign to hear your doctor is treating other doctor's family members.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

Seemed very new and inexperienced at being a Neurologist. Rushed me in and out. Dismissed symptoms I was having without even checking them out. Bedside manner very poor. Relied on statistics too much, instead of the individual patient; ie: I didn't fit the age demographics, so I couldn't have a diagnoses, even though symptoms pointed that direction. My family doctor has been more helpful in treating my neurological disorder than he was. I will not return to his clinic.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2007

Dr. Subir Prasad's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)