Ratings for Dr. ALAN R. Hay

I have been dealing with kidney stones for 33 years. He's been practicing about 27 years. ( I believe?) I've Been a patient of Dr Hay since about 2011. He does nothing to treat stones until they're very large and blocking. Typically it took an ER visit first, in extreme pain before he would do anything Recently I had two 10mm stones on the left side. Plus several smaller stones on both sides. I was admitted in the hospital in extreme pain and bleeding. The following day he was going to release me. Doing nothing about the stones. After a conversation with my wife... He removed the two large stones leaving all of the smaller ones. Two months later I am having moderate pain on both sides related to these stones. I've dropped Dr Hay as my Urologist. In my opinion, he's incompetent.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Has a five star education, but my experience is that he forms judgments based on, what I believe, cover their butt academic peers...

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. ALAN R. Hay's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)