Ratings for Dr. Douglas L. Meier

For the past 50 years my family has been under the care of ophthalmologists located at an office on SW Taylor in downtown Portland. The latest ophthalmologist at that location to care for my eyes was Dr. Douglas Meier. I liked him as a doctor and thought he took good care of my eyes. Then change happened in both Dr. Meier and my lives. I moved to Bellingham, WA and the medical office on SW Taylor closed. I later learned that Dr. Meier opened his own medical practice in Milwaukie, Ore. I decided to continue using Dr. Meier as my ophthalmologist since I think that highly of him as a doctor and he is familiar with all my eye history. So, yes, I drive 667 miles (round trip) to keep appointments with Dr. Meier. I think that fact speaks volumes. His new medical office is very nice and contains all the latest of medical equipment. If you are shopping around for an ophthalmologist, I would highly recommend you make an appointment with Dr. Douglas Meier. You will be under good care!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I'm very grateful for this doctor I am hoping to get the right set glasses it's been so long and I am so appreciative for this doctor now I can see better actually I can see 100 percent thank you Dr.M by the way I read that horrible comment about this doctor I am a Hispanic and I was treated with a lot of respect and dignity I have no idea what this person is talking about I had nothing but a wonderful experience he is my new eye doctor sorry I'm using my voice to text sorry for no punctuation

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Meier made several racist comments during my appointment with him, varying from talking about playing against "the Hispanics" during high school football, to referring to major cities as "Chocolate Towns", to saying the EOP (equal opportunity, less fortunate) students in his medical school classes will be delivering shoddy care "back home in rural Mississippi." Racism has absolutely no place in a professional environment. Further, he was distracted, didn't provide meaningful medical advice, and his staff was nearly worthless and rude. Stay away from Dr. Meier, and the Portland Clinic.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Douglas L. Meier's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)