Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Auchus

Dr Auchus was my third Endo during my search for the most knowledge in the treatment of Acromegaly. He cares for his patients and listens openly to information on this disease. The best Dr to patient relation I have ever experienced. I credit him for renewed health and "remission".

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Not a good one for adrenal insufficiency. Makes assumptions, doesn't listen, seems most interested in not treating adrenal insufficiency adequately or at all, bitterly talks about patients in his notes and his time spent, and his misdiagnosis has led to years of further harm.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

This guy knows his adrenals. I moved from a great endo to a bad one late last year. Luckily I knew enough about my disease (I was once an endo nurse) to realize how bad the new one was. I got Dr. A's name from the National Adrenal Diseases Foundation (one of 3docs in TX they suggested)and have been impressed. He ordered all of the "right" labs and even called himself to discuss the results with me. He has explained his reasoning every step of the way and been very in tune to my concerns and great with my questions. Sorry to see that someone had issues with him, but dr's are only human and not every dr. is for everyone. BBBUUTTT...like I said, this guy knows his adrenals. I've sent 3 other Addisonians I know to him and they have all been very impressed (one of them is in medicine so it was nice to get his stamp of approval).

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

This gentleman diagnosed me correctly. He corrected a misdiagnosis of 14 years of Addison's disease. The doctor spent and hour with me explaining why he arrived at this conclusion and the future plan. I am know decreasing my steroid medication and am off my blood pressure medicine. My ostoepenia is reversing. I feel great.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Richard J. Auchus's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1988)