Ratings for Dr. Mark Ginty

Stay away if you want to be treated like a human being either by Dr Ginty or his rude receptionist. Waited 9 months to see him - severe shoulder tears and issues. Tells me I am 63 and what do I want to lift my arm above my head - get someone else to do that. Take painkillers and go away. Got surgery done in Buffalo (paid for it) and have a stronger shoulder than my uninjured one as a result - anchors and a rebuild by a skilled and caring surgeon who gave me a new lease on life. Stay away from the rude, uncaring and unprofessional Dr. Ginty - my only hope is that one day someone treats him as badly as he treated me as his patient.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr. Ginty is an extraordinary Doctor, I had a laterjet surgery on my shoulder which he first tried to avoid at first because I was only 15 but after further discussion which he was always open and insightful about we decided to perform surgery. I was fully informed on the possibility of nerve damage and was so fortunate to not only have a fully functional arm once again but was able to golf about 4 months later. I am now 1 year out of surgery with a barely noticeable scar and a skillfully constructed shoulder with no pain and an adequate range of motion. I thank Dr. Ginty and recommend him to anyone in need.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Amazing Doctor, Glad to have found him, he did my Rotator Cuff repair ( 2nd time, first repair done 20 years ago by different Doctor ) Almost no-pain afterwards. Now going to see him for Knee issues, looked at my MRI and explained in detail what was going to be done. Highly recommend Dr. Ginty to anyone having Problems. Office staff is efficient and pleasant.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

He is simply amazing. 2 total knee replacements in 3 months and I am coming along great. Thank You Dr. Ginty. Could not ask for better. Scarring very minimal Very satisfied with surgery and the recovery. Would definitely recommend him if you can get in to see him. Pain is very minimal.. still taking pain meds but not much. Stairs still a bit of a challenge but that will come. Very satisfied with the surgery and happy I got both of them done. He is an amazing surgeon. Very very satisfied with the surgery with him and his staff. They were all very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Great work on a left shoulder repair, total mobility after 15 years

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Ginty is an amazing surgeon! He performed a labral tear shoulder surgery on me about 6 months ago. He was a very patient, caring doctor who did an amazing job on my shoulder. He always made sure he answered any questions I had (and still does). I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Ginty might be good at the slice and dice (Shoulder repair in Sept) - my scars are minimal and the actual 'surgical' end of it was success (repair fixed, bone spur removed, scars small) but that's where it ends for me. I was told of 1 possible complication and that's potential nerve damage by accidentally cutting it during procedure - every surgery has its risks - but I was never counselled or informed about things like frozen shoulder, winged scapula, ulna nerve entrapment. Never did he discuss physio with me - who to go to, where, how often. My instructions were: sling on 24 hours a day (I could take it off once in a while if watching tv or seated for a little bit but that's all) zero movement and at 6 weeks I could take it off and throw it out - oh, and come back in 6 weeks (after day 3 post surgical follow up). Ok. Looked up a bunch of different physio clinics, no idea what I really am looking for as I've never needed physio and am not sure if I do now, but it seems like a good idea. Found one, started at week 5 with some passive movement, stretches... continued on for several weeks incorporating accupuncture & massage as well. By week 6, when I've got my appt. for follow up - that got delayed by 2 weeks by his office for whatever reason... I am OUT OF MY MIND in pain. I can't sleep. Can't rest. Can't stand. Can't sit without being in the worse arm, elbow, shoulder and blade pain in my life. I'm chewing pain killers like candy... taking up to 16 naproxen per day on top of perscrip. meds, sleeping pills, creams like voltaren and rub a535, as well as heat and ice. OUT OF MY MIND. End up in the ER where they treated me like a junkie. Had a consult with a Chiro who said I had ribs out (omg, No.) Physio didn't help - but still went. See my family Doc who agrees that something seriously wrong. Back to Ginty - at the 8 week post op mark. He walks in and I begin to cry. No word of a lie. I'm bawling. He asks me if I still smoke. I say yes. Though not much. He says, in the most arrogant tone I've ever heard, that I have frozen shoulder, that my physio therapists don't know what they are doing and it's also because I smoke. Hands me a scrip for anti inflammatory's and says come back in 6 weeks. That's it. No referrals to a physio - which I have to pay for by the way because this was not a work injury & I don't have benefits and OHIP doesn't cover non over night surgical patients who are under the age of 65 or 19yrs... That's it. I've fired my physio team. Have had to research exercises for each nerve in my arm running through my shoulder to help me recover from the labrum surgery, the frozen shoulder, my winged scapula (my shoulder blade sticks out huge) and the ulna nerve which causes my elbow and fingers an immeasurable amount of pain. With no help. No referrals - no nothing. Let me say this- on a BAD day - pre surgery - I'm fitter than Ginty all day long. I run over 15 miles a week, I do yoga, weights, play baseball and other sports. Yep I smoke - but I am also the fastest healer I know, the least sick person I've ever met. I don't drink much (maybe 2 glasses of wine every other week, if that), don't take medications or drugs, I eat right... and he's going to tell me it's my fault? Sorry. As my surgeon it was your responsibility to see if I had access to physio, what to look for in physio, recomendations on where to go, a discussion about the possibility of frozen shoulder and other complications and how to stretch etc post surgery. At the very least - when I showed up crying - to not blame me and a referal to some sports medicine perhaps? Not a fan.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

He is awful. Completely screwed up my husbands hand. Was ready to send us home after removing my husbands cast despite his hand being 5 times the size. It was the nurse who whispered that "perhaps we should send him to the hand clinic" at which point mr Ginty turned at looked at my husbands hand and without skipping a beat responds "yeah - you can do that". Moments later after going to the speak to the receptionist at the hand clinic desk to make an appointment she nearly fell off her chair and rushed us in to see someone right away. Mr Ginty is awful - run run away if he is your doctor at Oakville Trafalgar Hospital. TRUST ME!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

My husband had hip surgery in 2009 and it did not go well. After recuperating from the operation itself, he ended up in much more pain than before the surgery. Repeated follow ups with Dr. Ginty yielded nothing. Finally - and this is typical of his rather cold bedside manner - we were told, 'well you were the one in 10,000 that goes wrong.' And that was it. Not even any sympathy or understanding. Now, 5 years later, spinal surgery has completely resolved my husband's pain issues, but unfortunately with no thanks to Dr. Ginty. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr Ginty changed my life with 2 Total Knee Replacements. I do almost anything I want pain free. His quite nature at the office shouldn't be confused with being aloof or arogant. I think he just prefers the actual hospital work of making perfect joints. He is very helpful and patient, with a minimum of words. Dr Ginty is legendary at Oakville. (the other orthopod is a legend in his own mind, I hear.) I would recommend him very highly. Kathy, his assistant, is very organized, busy and efficient; to the extreme of coming off curt and dismissive. She could try to emmulate her boss.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012