Ratings for Dr. Mark Ginty

First visit with Dr. Ginty. Very knowledgable and helpful. Great insight into my issue and professional. That said, Kathy his assistant is rude, unprofessional and lacking in any courtesy whatsoever. 'Miserable' would best describe her. I receive better and friendlier interactions at a drive through window at McDonalds. If it was my office Kathy would be dismissed immediately.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Ginty, although a man of few words, certainly gets an exceptional job done. He's replaced my two hips, one for my sister, 2 for my brother-in-law and 2 for his brother......what can I say. Recovery has been great for all of us and there has been absolutely no issues post surgery. This doc is great!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

He is an amazing surgeon. 2 total knee replacements in 3 months. A no nonsense Dr. Right to the point . My healing and and recovery was awesome. Thank you Dr. Ginty for my painless legs now.Better quality of life. Thank you. N

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I first met Dr. Ginty at OTM Hospital at the Fracture Clinic on a Thursday. I was told to expect a wait time, so I didn't mind the 2 hour wait. I brought a book. He was professional and friendly from the moment I met him, but I could tell he was tired (late afternoon). The visit was brief and there wasn't an expected follow-up visit. I left feeling a little confused with the advice. Due to my own clumsiness and lack of balance, I caused further injury to another joint, an old injury over the weekend. That Monday, I phoned his office and explained my situation to his secretary. She said either she or Dr. Ginty would call me back shortly. Literally, a few minutes later, she phoned back with an appointment that very afternoon. During that second appointment, I arrived 20 minutes early (to account for crutches), and he saw me 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment. He apologized for my having felt rushed at the Fracture Clinic, stating that there isn't always enough time. He said he had left that day after 6PM. Long day. That isn't on him, that is on the system. The system gets their own rating. He further explained in more detail what is going on with leg. Not only that, he explained the vicious cycle that my body/joints have been enduring for several years, which is what keeps causing these various injuries. He then offered a possible medical explanation for a reaction to certain medications I've been experiencing since a cancer treatment 8 years ago. In 6 years, he is the first doctor to ever give any kind of medical explanation. Not only that, but in 6 years, he's the first doctor I've met that actually diagnosed my soft-tissue injuries. Now that I know what's going on, I know how to help myself prevent or avoid making things worse. It'll be a long road ahead for me. Dr. Ginty spent over 20 minutes with me and my husband. We both appreciated his professionalism, but also his humility. He was kind, and his approach was honest. He requested a follow-up in 6 weeks.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Ginty's receptionist is unprofessional and unhelpful, as well as unsympathetic towards patients. Dr. Ginty hardly spends time educating and assuring patients. I met him once for a brief period of 10 minutes, where he evaluated my shoulder and asked what my concerns were, and then asked if I wanted surgery. I said yes because it seemed as though nothing was getting better conservatively, but he did not offer his opinion on the matter. I did not see him again until the morning of the surgery 3 months later, not even seeing him at my pre-operative assessment. He was late and therefore the anaesthesiologist was required to wait, and was gone before I woke up from surgery, unable to tell me how it went until 3 days later when I returned for examination (which was yet another extremely brief meeting). Now I am currently post-op, and after having been handed a physiotherapy prescription and basically told to "figure it out" I am now 4 weeks out of surgery without rehabilitative care. Dr. Ginty offered no assistance or information in finding a PT adequate for my recovery and after having called his office twice expressing my disappointment in not being eligible for OHIP-subsidised rehab, I've been directed to the orthopaedic surgeon's website for self-care. I would have never opted for surgery if I was going to have to rely on my own education and perform rehab without the assistance of a professional. Overall I am extremely disappointed with Dr. Ginty's availability and professionalism, as well as patient education. I will not be returning to his care for any further shoulder issues or my hip instability.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr. Ginty has now performed 4 surgeries on my hips - 3 arthroscopic repairs and most recently, a replacement of my right hip. I have the utmost respect for his knowledge, his skills, and his ability/willingness to answer all my questions in layman's language. His no-nonsense approach has been reassuring and has always left me confident before the procedure. The results have been as advertised during the frank and honest discussions held beforehand. The most recent hip replacement has been a miracle - I am pain free for the 1st time in 10 years. Should I ever need additional work on my hips, knees or shoulders I will not hesitate to reconnect with Dr. Ginty, or to recommend him at any of my friends or family.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Stay away if you want to be treated like a human being either by Dr Ginty or his rude receptionist. Waited 9 months to see him - severe shoulder tears and issues. Tells me I am 63 and what do I want to lift my arm above my head - get someone else to do that. Take painkillers and go away. Got surgery done in Buffalo (paid for it) and have a stronger shoulder than my uninjured one as a result - anchors and a rebuild by a skilled and caring surgeon who gave me a new lease on life. Stay away from the rude, uncaring and unprofessional Dr. Ginty - my only hope is that one day someone treats him as badly as he treated me as his patient.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr. Ginty is an extraordinary Doctor, I had a laterjet surgery on my shoulder which he first tried to avoid at first because I was only 15 but after further discussion which he was always open and insightful about we decided to perform surgery. I was fully informed on the possibility of nerve damage and was so fortunate to not only have a fully functional arm once again but was able to golf about 4 months later. I am now 1 year out of surgery with a barely noticeable scar and a skillfully constructed shoulder with no pain and an adequate range of motion. I thank Dr. Ginty and recommend him to anyone in need.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Amazing Doctor, Glad to have found him, he did my Rotator Cuff repair ( 2nd time, first repair done 20 years ago by different Doctor ) Almost no-pain afterwards. Now going to see him for Knee issues, looked at my MRI and explained in detail what was going to be done. Highly recommend Dr. Ginty to anyone having Problems. Office staff is efficient and pleasant.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

He is simply amazing. 2 total knee replacements in 3 months and I am coming along great. Thank You Dr. Ginty. Could not ask for better. Scarring very minimal Very satisfied with surgery and the recovery. Would definitely recommend him if you can get in to see him. Pain is very minimal.. still taking pain meds but not much. Stairs still a bit of a challenge but that will come. Very satisfied with the surgery and happy I got both of them done. He is an amazing surgeon. Very very satisfied with the surgery with him and his staff. They were all very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015